Embarrassing my diaper was sticking out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerguru

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I'm at the Home Depot with my brother and dad picking up supplies no big deal but when I got outside I realized my diaper was exposed it was clearly hanging out of my shirt and pants. I'm in a wheelchair so most people look down to help me so I know it was seen by a couple of there employees. Anyway dad or brother never said a word to me I could have hung them both they just laugh it off. Anyway I was embarrassed.

You can take solace in that most people aren't looking for it. The only people who ever point it out to me are people who know I'm incontinent and think they're doing me a favor by telling me, lol

in the long term, who was in there you will ever see again? How likely will they remember it anyway? Did it have prints on it? If not its not like there'd be anything anyone would tease you about later, and anyone who did would have some serious maturity issues they need to address

Reactions: jellybelly
If someone ridiculed a person in a wheelchair for having a diaper on, it would be all of the shame on them.

I was shoe shopping back in February and I realized the top of my pull-up was exposed when I sat on the stool to try on a pair. I don't really care if a stranger saw me, I was just glad my mom was in another aisle of the store.

pokerguru said:
So I'm at the Home Depot with my brother and dad picking up supplies no big deal but when I got outside I realized my diaper was exposed it was clearly hanging out of my shirt and pants. I'm in a wheelchair so most people look down to help me so I know it was seen by a couple of there employees. Anyway dad or brother never said a word to me I could have hung them both they just laugh it off. Anyway I was embarrassed.
I hope you know that since your in a wheelchair, people already know your in a diaper.

SoccerLover said:
I hope you know that since your in a wheelchair, people already know your in a diaper.

Not everyone that is in a wheelchair is in a diaper.

Seriously, anyone making a crack at someone in a diaper in a wheelchair is a total POS. It's a disability, not a joke. I personally wouldn't give it two thoughts.

I have come to the conclusion no one cares if we wear a nappy. I used to be paranoid about being noticed now I don't care. Short of running through Morrisons in just a thick nappy and plastic pants I doubt anyone ever will ever notice

rennecfox said:
in the long term, who was in there you will ever see again? How likely will they remember it anyway? Did it have prints on it? If not its not like there'd be anything anyone would tease you about later, and anyone who did would have some serious maturity issues they need to address

It's irrational and we know it well, but some of us will get stuck fixating on a negative reaction from another person for days, weeks, even months at a time. It's easy to say "don't do that" (like telling a depressed person to "be happy"), but we don't tend to be as in control of our minds as we'd like :(

I normally wear boxer shorts over the top but I normally still have a bit of my nappy peeking over the top. I don't know if this is any help but I've seen a article (https://www.everynappy.co.uk/blog/tips-on-incontinence-for-wheelchair-users) that suggests wearing a popper vest/onesie so you're always covered.

BabyDenise said:
Not everyone that is in a wheelchair is in a diaper.

True but I'm not sure if many people would be surprised to see someone in a wheelchair was wearing a diaper/nappy.

cp88 said:
True but I'm not sure if many people would be surprised to see someone in a wheelchair was wearing a diaper/nappy.

You're right, most people wouldn't be surprised that someone in a wheelchair was wearing a diaper but that doesn't mean that everyone in a wheelchair is wearing a diaper and I just wanted to be sure people realized that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back