tfw, ftw, smh? I am getting old. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
CQ CQ DE SpottyLion

I always thought TFW was a typo of FTW. Most of the acronyms go over my head, so I just make sure to say them totally seriously when reading out loud. Now nobody knows what the sender said!

For SMS I don't mind, because you need to fit into 160 (140 if you're Google Voice SMS) bytes else be broken and sent in random order or thrown away entirely. Plus you tend to need to write it quickly. It's a telegram where you pay by the packet, so use as few packets as possible. Almost every other such use of acronyms in place of the phrase is gratuitous and annoying.

(Really, though. SMS shortenings are heavily influenced by telegrams, where cost was determined by characters. With the advent of message fee independent of length, acronyms are more suitable for saving typing in specialized messages. Try VOP instead of "Virtual Operation" or SAP instead of "System Area Pointer" or RADAR instead of "Radio Detection And Ranging". Plus, try and find 10 people that know what SMS (or RADAR) stands for without looking it up first. (I had to look up RADAR to write this, and have looked up SMS multiple times and forgotten multiple times.))

brabbit1987 said:
Ya, but jokes are suppose to be funny ... right?

I got a good kick out of it, especially how it decodes into Latin-1.

I would think robots would pick a more suitable symbol format than linear binary. Probably QAM. I know of many robots that use audible spectrum FM with time-division multiplexing.

brabbit1987 said:
Still not really sure I understand. Is the binary suppose to be in ASCII? Is it just suppose to be a number? As far as I am aware the binary doesn't make any sense no matter how I look at it o.o.

I really must be missing the joke. XD

^.^ I understand binary, I used to be a bunny though, maybe It's only bunnies.

SpottedLion said:
I got a good kick out of it, especially how it decodes into Latin-1.

Explain maybe? Every time I convert it, I don't really get anything that is particularly understandable.

DrunkBear said:
^.^ I understand binary, I used to be a bunny though, maybe It's only bunnies.

Well, I understand binary as well, but I still don't quite understand the joke. I had to learn binary when I was learning Telecommunications. With that said, that was mainly for IP addresses and networking. Never heard of bunnies either, assuming that is some nickname or something for people who know binary?

Edit: You all should probably be a bit more specific in explaining the joke, other wise I am never going to get it, and just will get annoyed. :sweatdrop:

ade said:
they were talking in bunny-ry code :laugh:

Ha ha ha! :clapping:

brabbit1987 said:
Edit: You all should probably be a bit more specific in explaining the joke, other wise I am never going to get it, and just will get annoyed.
sweatdrop.gif

(I don't get the binary stuff, but a (b)rabbit should know bunny-ry code, right?)

tiny said:
(I don't get the binary stuff, but a (b)rabbit should know bunny-ry code, right?)

I feel like I am being made fun of at this point XD. I looked up bunny-ry on google and comes up with nothing.
Does bunny-ry = binary? Is that the joke, cause they sound similar? o_O

brabbit1987 said:
I feel like I am being made fun of at this point XD. I looked up bunny-ry on google and comes up with nothing.
Does bunny-ry = binary? Is that the joke, cause they sound similar? o_O

No, no! No one's making fun of you! It's just a pun... brabbit = rabbit = bunny...

Something about binary... Bunny + binary = bunny-ry!

tiny said:
No, no! No one's making fun of you! It's just a pun... brabbit = rabbit = bunny...

Something about binary... Bunny + binary = bunny-ry!

Ok ... but how does that fit into the joke dogboy made? I mean, you really need to stretch pretty far to get such a joke I would think. It be more like an inside joke.

brabbit1987 said:
Ok ... but how does that fit into the joke dogboy made? I mean, you really need to stretch pretty far to get such a joke I would think. It be more like an inside joke.

Ah, yeah... I think the joke was that... if robots ruled the world, they wouldn't be very funny. That's probably why you didn't laugh... :p

tiny said:
Ah, yeah... I think the joke was that... if robots ruled the world, they wouldn't be very funny. That's probably why you didn't laugh... :p

Ok .. I suppose that would make it a bit funny then. Cause I could imagine a scene of two robots trying to tell a joke and it's so bland and unfunny. Then you would here them laughing like all unemotionally. Ha ... Ha .... Ha ... Ha. Then one asks, "Was it funny?" The other says ... "No idea." Then they both continue ... Ha ... Ha ... Ha ... 01101000 01100001.

I know ... I ruined it.

I sometime have to google some of them then I still occasionally have to ask the person what they mean XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back