Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Political Smear [EXPLICIT]

Default Political Smear [EXPLICIT]

So, there's been a lot of smear campaigns out all the sudden in US politics. I mean yeah, that's nothing new, but this is getting ridiculous. I came across this video earlier (warning, not for kids! ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVeFVtcdSYY

Seriously, where do these people come from? Does anyone believe that for a second? and yet somehow that video has over half a million views already. What ever happened to sticking to the issues. Bleh, it's disgusting. What do you guys think?

While i do not agree with using smear tactics i have never been in that posotion i don't think anyone here has(hmmm a abdl president...) I think both candidates are desperate to win and in desperation people do stupid things. I can't say in that position i wouldn't do everything i could to win because once again i have never been there.

for some reason that video seems scripted, not because i don't believe him (which i don't) but how he keeps talking in a monotonic manner like he's reading a script and can't give any specific times, assertive memories, or the like. also what discredits him is the fact that it was put up on world daily net (or news) basically a circle jerk 'news' site for righty extremists. simply put, it's like fox news on roids.

that was the most scripted thing i've ever heard. it sounds like a 3rd grader reading his paper to the class. and he doesn't look like the kind of guy to own a limo, but he does look like the kind of guy to use cocane.

i love how they're in a budget hotel too, like they couldn't spring for one night in a marriot so they had to go for the days inn/holiday express deal, lol.

It's a total trash video. Almost as convincing as those psycho-christian blogs. Grade-A bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    that was the most scripted thing i've ever heard. it sounds like a 3rd grader reading his paper to the class. and he doesn't look like the kind of guy to own a limo, but he does look like the kind of guy to use cocane.
    I would be horrified if a 3rd grader came up with anything like that, though . Anwyay, you are right -- you can definitely tell he's reading from the way he talks and where he stumbles over his own words a few times.

Is it me or :
    * Are we giving these guys publicity?
    * Does the original video link no longer work?

What's wrong with posting a video in a thread? If it affected chevre that much, then I don't see the problem in creating a separate thread for this.

I think the party that does the smearing is usually hurt more then the party smeared just because its underhand (edited from undestand... i was tired). That's why the people running the campaigns usually don't do it and it's the people way way way down the ladder who post the crap.
    Last edited by Aidy; 29-Feb-2008 at 03:02.