Thread: Odd situation

Default Odd situation

I've been Roleplaying with someone online for sometime now, and I been feeling a slight connection between the two of us. I know from the information I've gather, we live in totally different areas of the planet. We've share a lot in the time we've been doing this. Logically I see no point in pursuing a relationship here, but I can't help thinking I found someone special.

I guess what I'm asking is, "Is it worth trying?"

I dunno! The rational answer is that it would be very difficult. Long-distance relationships are extremely tough and even if you took things to another level, you're likely going to reach a point where you want a physical relationship that you just can't achieve through chat, voice, or even a camera. There's no substitute for touch.

On the other hand, screw rational thinking. People have made it work in the past, and if you and this other person get close enough to each other, you might find that the prospect of travel for one or both of you starts to seem less and less crazy and you start looking for ways to bring your lives together. It's happened before and it could again.

I think my advice is just to take things slowly. Online relationships come with a certain suspicion and it's hard to tell how people will react as things change because you don't have the physical person around to judge and get a feel for each other. So, take your time, get to know this person more and more, do stuff that you find fun together, but don't do anything rash without taking incremental steps to make sure things make sense for both of you. As an example, if you meet in real life, start out in a public place that's neutral for both of you like a restaurant or coffee shop, even if you think that all the time you've spent together online might allow for something more intimate.

We all know that relationship is something that is a good thing. But did you also know that friends have a major impact on happiness and the quality of your life? Good friend will relieve stress, provide comfort and joy, prevent loneliness and isolation, and even strengthen your health. Although important, the friendship does not just happen.

Many of us struggle to meet new friends, to sacrifice time and energy in developing a quality relationship. But apart from this, whatever your age or situation, it's never too late to create new friends or reconnect with old friends.

Why Relationship is important
    Society tends to put the emphasis on romantic relationships. We think that if we could find the right person, we will be happy and satisfied. But research shows that friends are even more important for the psychological well-being than the relationship of love and family.

Relationship brings more happiness in our lives than anything else. Not only that, the relationship has a strong impact on our physical health. Research shows that social relations are less able to have deleterious effects, like smoking, drinking, or lack of exercise. The quality of our friendship even tied to a long life.

Benefits Relationship
    A good friend adds special meaning to life. They are with you both in happy and difficult circumstances. Good friends, among others can:

Boost your mood.
    Happiness can be contagious. Spending time with friends who were happy and positive can improve your mood and expectations.

Helping you to achieve the goal.
    Are you trying to lose weight, or improve your life, encouragement of friends can actually boost your spirit and your chances of success.

Reduce stress and depression.
    Having an active social life can boost your immune system and help reduce the isolation, the main factor causing depression.

Support you through difficult times.
    Even if you only have one to share, a friend can help you cope with a serious illness, loss of a job, a loved one, the breakdown of a relationship, or other problems in life.

Support you as you age.
    When you start aging, retirement, illness, and death of loved ones often cause you are isolated. Having people who can accompany and support can make you have a new goal and a buffer against depression, disability, hardship, and loss. Stay socially engaged although age getting older makes you feel positive and increase your happiness.

Improving self-esteem.
    Friendship is a two-way relationship, and the "give" in the relationship of give and take makes you valuable. May be beside your friends make you feel needed and adds to your life goals.
    What to look for in a Relationship.
    Ideally, a friend is someone you trust to share with the level of understanding and in-depth communication. A good friend would show a genuine interest in what happens in your life, what you say, what you think and what you feel. He will accept you for who you are and listen attentively without judging you, without telling you what you should think or feel, and without trying to change the subject.

Relationship works both ways, a friend is someone to whom you feel comfortable support it too, as well as someone with whom you share a bond of trust and loyalty. A good friend will feel comfortable sharing things about themselves with you.

Focus on what you feel, rather than the form of friendship.
    When looking for new friends, try not to get too caught up in qualifying and external criteria. The most important thing in friendship is how you feel in the relationship - not how it looks on paper, how much common ground you have or what other people think. Ask yourself the following questions:

-Do I feel better after spending time with this person?
    -Do I feel free to be myself around this person?
    -Do I feel safe, or do I feel like I have to pay attention to everything I say and do?
    -Is This person support me? Does he treat me with respect?
    -Is This person is the right person for me to believe?
    The point is, if the relationship feels good, then it will be good. But if someone tries to control you, criticize you, abusing your generosity, bringing the danger of unwanted or negative influence in your life, it's time to look back on the friendship. A good friendship does not require you to act against your own values, always agree with others, or ignoring your own needs.

Increase your relationship by being a better friend.
    Remember that making new friends is just the beginning of a journey into friendship. Friendship takes time to set up and even more time to deepen it. To move from merely acquaintances become friends, you need to maintain and invest in the relationship. This is a process that requires time, effort, and a genuine interest in others.

Be friends as you wish to have.
    Treat your friends as you want to be required by them. Reliable, thoughtful, trustworthy, and willing to share yourself and your time.

Be a good listener.
    To build a solid friendship with someone, be prepared to listen and support them as you want them also to listen and support you.

Give space on your friend.
    Do not get too stuck or need, and be sure not to abuse the generosity of your friends. Everyone needs a space for yourself or spend time with someone else as well.

Do not create too many rules and expectations.
    Instead, let your relationship growth naturally. You both are a unique individual so that your friendship will probably not growth exactly as you expect.

Be forgiving.
    Nothing is perfect and every friend will make mistakes. There is no friendship runs smoothly, so that when there are obstacles in the way, try to find a way to resolve the issue. It will deepen your relationship bond.

may this help you

The only thing I would caution is that internet relationships can be deceiving. Because we are with a computer and not the person, the mind can create the person we think we would like to be with. Have you Skyped with this individual, because that connects their face to their words and makes everything more present tense in the real world. Regardless, there's little harm in trying to know this person better. It just may not be worth the time and expense, but that's your call.

love isn't a rational thing, you have to be realistic... but if oppurtunity shines you have to pursue