Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grumbling of ADISC former member

Default Grumbling of ADISC former member

I heard one of the former ADISC member, complained this site in Dailydiapers site,
    and he's said:

"But herein lies my problem with this site....the denial. It seems to me that many of those people who use the site deny that diapers play ANY sexual part in the use at all and that annoys me greatly. I understand that some people wear diapers for feel, or comfort, but I believe that a large part of wearers do so because of the fetish aspect of it. The average person on the street would be very opposed to wearing a diaper for many, many reasons so it only makes sense that those who do wear them do so for sexual (albeit personal) reasons. ADISC seems to beat around the bush with that at best and at worse, throw it under the bush".
    I think he is a guy who once banned here, so he complained with words like this.
    This the more of their conversations:
    http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/in...with-adiscorg/

(Sorry I don't intend to declare a conflict between the sites.)
    Last edited by MaxToddler; 09-Jul-2016 at 14:17.

I've never felt that the sexual aspect of it was denied here so much as it's not discussed as often as this is more of a support site and there's much better places to delve into the kinkier sides of this thing.

I didn't give much weight to his comment. Diapers are sexual for him, so he thinks they must be sexual for everyone. He concludes that anyone who says diapers are not sexual for them are in denial. That comes across as being closed minded, and we don't need any closed minds on here.

Whether its sexual or not doesn't really matter. It was a conscious decision to keep this place PG13. There are plenty of other places to get your jollies re diapers or any other kink. Its nice to have an option that's not least common denominator.

Well I know I said I didn't want to post here, but I need to say this. Thank you MaxToddler & BoundCoder for saying this!

I actually got banned from dailydiapers for saying the exact same thing. Though in their defense I found a lot of members and administrators there are ignorant or don't even recognize the actual meaning of a lot of terms they like to throw around (if ignorance is an excuse). "Fetish" was the biggest one, which to them they intend it to mean a sort of hobby- not sexual in nature as it is commonly understood to be as.

What a ridiculous complaint. If someone likes the sexual side, then ok, good for them! If someone prefers not to focus on that, then wtf, why should that matter at all? Why does everything have to be sex sex sexsexsexxxxxxxx?!

(1) We're talking about an offsite thread that hasn't had a new post in the better part of a year. We should avoid de facto necro-ing an offsite thread.

(2) I learned long ago that most criticism offsite isn't so much correct or incorrect as it is bizarre, reflecting some misunderstanding or false impression of the site.

(3) Threads criticizing ADISC offsite have often had a lot of usernames I've recognized as "Hey, that guy is banned," or "That guy caused drama then left." There's some bandwagoning that happens.

(4) As an extension of point (3), I'll respond to the specific question of Angela Bauer who gets brought up in a lot of posts by the end of the DD thread. Here is our staff statement on the issue at the time. That user had a lot of outright contradictory posts, in addition to various bizarre behavior; that was a good ban and I'm proud of the fact that we caught this here when other sites didn't. We don't normally give extensive statements on bans like that, but whoever has been posting under the AngelaBauer username had a platform in the wider community at the time, and after we banned that user, that person posted an absurd and inflammatory lie about how the ban happened in a thread about the ban on DD.

(5) Inherently with threads on other sites, the fact that that people there have chosen to spend their time on another site means they probably prefer that site over alternatives. This works in reverse too; there have been plenty of threads here on ADISC complaining about other ABDL sites over the years. With time, I've come around to the idea that there's plenty of room for different sites to serve different niches, and that at least to a first approximation, different ABDL sites are simultaneously successful because there's demand for what each offers.
    Last edited by Fruitkitty; 09-Jul-2016 at 17:54.

I completely agree with ShippoFox, why does someone need to make comments that ridiculous about peoples lifestyle. If people like them in a sexual matter
    good for them, if they just like wearing them good for them, or if they are needed for a medical reason, like myself they should not be insulted by this DD member. And i have alot of previous experience with that site daily diapers, and i felt alot more harassment from members and especially from their admin "Elfy", he never listens to the truth and creates lies about people to ban them, he also uses strong vulgarity and sarcasm. Adisc is a wonderful site, and its shocking and very sad to hear people make comments like that about here.
    Last edited by icestorm; 10-Jul-2016 at 01:03.

icestorms right about that when i confronted elfy about why he said those thing he didn't know what to say
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 09-Jul-2016 at 17:53. Reason: removing off-topic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitkitty View Post
    [...] As an extension of point (3), I'll respond to the specific question of Angela Bauer who gets brought up in a lot of posts by the end of the DD thread. Here is our staff statement on the issue at the time. That user had a lot of outright contradictory posts, in addition to various bizarre behavior; that was a good ban and I'm proud of the fact that we caught this here when other sites didn't. We don't normally give extensive statements on bans like that, but whoever has been posting under the AngelaBauer username had a platform in the wider community at the time, and after we banned that user, that person posted an absurd and inflammatory lie about how the ban happened in a thread about the ban on DD.
    Pathetic that AngelaBauer.
    I didn't think that there are members who so cunningly, even horrendous things had to happen like this.
    but, is this incident also happened to zipperless, I'm sure he's not a regular member, so why his account closed ?

(Sorry, I'm curious because i often heard the name here in almost all post)