Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Hey I need some help from any Macheads here!

I just got an older iMac A1173 and I was wondering what kind of RAM I would need to upgrade it. It has 512mb now.

What do I need to look for on Amazon to order the right ram? What is a reasonable price? What size module do I need, GB wise? What's the MAX I can do for it?

Thanks in advance!

LUVZ
~Leigh

Looks like you're going to need 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, PC2-5300 according to this site. You'll probably want to pull a stick out and check the pin count to make sure any you're buying matches. That's a pretty old mac though, running on a Core Duo. Ram might not be enough of a boost for significant improvement.

You also need to give Apple the serial number of the machine before buying any memory, it is a real possibility that the machine can not be upgraded or can providing you take an iron to the memory and de solder it, some of the old stuff is very picky about what it can and will support hut again the serial number will reveal all, on there website you can enter the serial of a machine and it will pop up all repair history on it , original purchase date and all that and then call Apple care and ask weather the memory can be upgraded, also if this is your first Mac, they do not require as much as a windblows machine. Good luck with it

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back