Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet Securtiy/privacy

Secret

Question Internet Securtiy/privacy

So how do you keep your internetz private? Like keeping people from knowing about AB/TB/DL on your computer or hiding this website in general.

I use firefox and the private browsing feature, what do you guys use?

I don't use anything.

I am a ticking time bomb. One glance at my history and I'm fucked, not only as a *B. :V
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 09-Mar-2009 at 22:03.

I have a private computer.

I also spread little lies here and there. Some people know my city, others know my "city". Some know my real name, others know this name, others know a previous name I used. Some people know my birthday, others know it too, even though all this information is different.

I also use seperate gmail/aim/msn/yim accounts for everything.

Darkfinn

Yeah... I don't really go out of my way to hide anything. People could find out who and where I am pretty easily if they look.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    Like keeping people from knowing about AB/TB/DL on your computer or hiding this website in general.
    I don't. :P

Most of my family don't even know how to use a computer. Not to mention I only live with my dad and he knows plus he has his own computer. When I go to my mom's I do take my computer up there with me though yet the people there can't really do anything without asking for my help.

My homepage is Adisc itself. I'll change that to yahoo when I go to my mom's.

Quote Originally Posted by Huggies1998 View Post
    Buy your own computer.

Problem solved.
    Give me one of your money trees kthnx.

I have my own computer, lest we forget the greater part of members registered to this ''community'' are young teenagers, most of which assumably can't afford to just nonchalantly go out and pick up a haxcomputer. :V

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Give me one of your money trees kthnx.

I have my own computer, lest we forget the greater part of members registered to this ''community'' are young teenagers, most of which assumably can't afford to just nonchalantly go out and pick up a haxcomputer. :V
    Buy a cheap 400-800 MHz computer on eBay for under a hundred dollars. Surely adequate for web browsing.

Unfortunately, what this generation doesn't seem to understand is that you can actually get by with something that isn't always the latest and greatest. That would explain a few things about society and the economy these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Huggies1998 View Post
    Buy a cheap 400-800 MHz computer on eBay for under a hundred dollars. Surely adequate for web browsing.

Unfortunately, what this generation doesn't seem to understand is that you can actually get by with something that isn't always the latest and greatest. That would explain a few things about society and the economy these days...
    < 1 Ghz = pentium 2 (or worse an old AMD. The modern ones might be good but the old ones weren't)

Pentium 2 = win98

Win98 = IE4 (or 5.5 if upgraded as far as possible)

IE<=6 = broken websites

So unless your computer literate enough to find FF2 or Opera 8 as opposed to the XP+ versions(2.0.0.17+ and 9+) or to use Linux, a < 1 ghz computer does not make for satisfactory web browsing. Also shouldn't this be in computer and games?