Doing something with my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinklebuttt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
When my dog is gone I think I might go to Sudan and protect children at an orphanage. There is terrible genocide going on and it's been happening for a long time. I've seen combat and I'm not afraid of that sort of thing. The thought of children being hurt makes me crazy. I have no wife/children so It would be nothing for me to just up and leave. There is a documentory on netflix called " the devil came on horseback" and also a movie called "machine gun preacher", they are both true stories. I highly advise watching them to get an idea of what I'm talking about. Any feedback from someone who's been to Africa would be appreciated.

Wouldn't you have to be sponsored though some sort of organization? What organization are you planing on working through?

Maybe you meant to describe the situation there through the film show the real story about Sudan genoside.

Actually, I haven't seen the movie,
but I heard that the perpetrator of the crime of genocide is the president of Sudan itself, Omar al-Bashir. accused as perpetrators of war crimes by the International Criminal Court (ICC) and crimes against humanity in Darfur.

Ironically, he's sworn in again become president of Sudan with promise to improve the situation in the country.

Well, should you ever follow through with that, know what you're getting yourself into. Movies are movies, but real life is a different animal altogether.

I would find a church to go thru to help me get over there. I served in Iraq and have been shot at and almost blown up multiple times so I know what I would be getting into. Most people run away from gunfire, as a Marine I'm trained to run toward it. I have no fear of combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back