Diaper questions and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I've get a few questions xD.

I have tired medium size diapers, I'm wondering if large ones would provide more overall coverage If that makes some sense? Mediums fit fine however and don't have a problem.

The first taped adult diaper I've tried was the AMD slip normal (medium) and am wondering what non-abdl diaper should I get next. I'm thinking of the molicare maxi slip(I believe it's called) my internet is limited and ironically this is the only site that loads, so I've been on here quite a bit more than usual.

Is it normal to feel weird without being diapered, I kinda prefer it now.

I'm new to wearing in public, what are some good ways to hide the fact I'm wearing a diaper? what type of clothes should I wear.

Is it normal to find it more convenient to use a diaper instead of the bathroom, I've kinda been 24/7 lately, with a few breaks here and there?

Does your bladder shrink over time or something? I've found that lately the more I've been wearing, the weaker my control has been. I've had to remind myself when I'm not wearing.

I've also gathered that better quality diapers hold more, is this true or a myth? I've done some online comparisons, and I've noticed the better quality ones tend to hold way more.

Lastly, plastic pants, what are they, and are they any good. do they mask the sound of my diaper? will they prevent it leaking into my pants? Are they reusable?

Are cloth diapers, good as backup diapers? and can they hold as much as disposables?

What benefits does having baby powder over not? should I get diaper rash cream too?

Sorry, I'm kinda new to the adult diaper world, :D these might sound like stupid questions.

Lastly, any extra tips or advice you recommend me thanks :)

DrunkBear said:
I have tired medium size diapers, I'm wondering if large ones would provide more overall coverage If that makes some sense? Mediums fit fine however and don't have a problem.
The best fit is going to give you the best protection. That said, wearing something a few sizes too big can be fun (albiet completely impractical)

DrunkBear said:
The first taped adult diaper I've tried was the AMD slip normal (medium) and am wondering what non-abdl diaper should I get next. I'm thinking of the molicare maxi slip(I believe it's called)
Those aren't available in the US, so I haven't tried them, but molicare super plus are decent and I saw a thread on here a while back that seemed to indicate they were fine. Assuming they work like super plus, the raw absorbancy isn't the best, but they wick extremely well. That means that as long as you wet it a little at a time, you'll basically use all of the padding, as opposed to the diapers that boast crazy high capacities but only allow you to use a quarter of the padding and therefore basically end up with the same thing at the end.

DrunkBear said:
A lot of people say that, so probably?

DrunkBear said:
I'm new to wearing in public, what are some good ways to hide the fact I'm wearing a diaper? what type of clothes should I wear.
This question comes up a lot, but basically baggy jeans and a t-shirt that goes below your waist work well. I suspect a long dress might work too if you're the sort to wear dresses. The biggest giveaways would be the diaper imprinting against your pants and the waistband being visible, so whatever you can do to mitigate that. Noise generally isn't an issue, though it'll sound way louder to you than it actually is. My experience is that it really isn't noticeable by others unless you're in a quiet environment.

DrunkBear said:
Is it normal to find it more convenient to use a diaper instead of the bathroom, I've kinda been 24/7 lately, with a few breaks here and there?
For me personally that seems kind of weird, but that might depend on circumstances. I wore all the time in college and found it more inconvenient than not. Bathroom trips were about 3x longer as compared to just going in and peeing (not counting taking time to find a bathroom that I felt comfortable changing in), and basically lost any convenience factor there in terms of time.

DrunkBear said:
Does your bladder shrink over time or something? I've found that lately the more I've been wearing, the weaker my control has been. I've had to remind myself when I'm not wearing.
With disuse (e.g. wetting the second you feel any kind of urge) I'd expect it would shrink a bit. There have been a few times I've worn 24/7 for a week or so and noticed I felt more urgency for a while. It went away after a few days though.

DrunkBear said:
I've also gathered that better quality diapers hold more, is this true or a myth? I've done some online comparisons, and I've noticed the better quality ones tend to hold way more.
Yes? I mean, why else would they be better quality?

DrunkBear said:
Lastly, plastic pants, what are they, and are they any good. do they mask the sound of my diaper? will they prevent it leaking into my pants? Are they reusable?
They're pants that are plastic. They may muffle some sounds or may add their own sounds. They'll generally help contain leaks. They're reusable but will get cracked and/or stained (the staining due to chemicals in sweat, not necessarily leaks) over time and need to be replaced.

DrunkBear said:
Are cloth diapers, good as backup diapers? and can they hold as much as disposables?
I have no experience with cloth, though like all things I'd expect it really depends on the specific diaper.

DrunkBear said:
What benefits does having baby powder over not? should I get diaper rash cream too?
Baby powder helps dry your skin out. I find it helpful if it's hot and I'm sweating a bit. Some people like the scent also. Using a lot of it though can sometimes interfere with the diapers ability to absorb well. Rash cream provides a barrier between your skin and the diaper, and helps prevent skin breakdown. Personally I've never used it and never once gotten a rash.

Last edited:
DrunkBear said:

Do the mediums fit or are they too tight? Even if a larger diaper has more material in it, it won't help you if you leak at the legs.

DrunkBear said:
The first taped adult diaper I've tried was the AMD slip normal (medium) and am wondering what non-abdl diaper should I get next. I'm thinking of the molicare maxi slip(I believe it's called) my internet is limited and ironically this is the only site that loads, so I've been on here quite a bit more than usual.
You might want to reset your router then, also odd this would be the one that shows up... do to the nature of this site its usually blacklisted by default by a-lot of firewalls. You could try first quality IB Briefs, Tranquility atns, Dry 24/7s are popular, wellness is good, secure xplus, abri xplus

DrunkBear said:
It's like getting re-used to anything afterwards, it requires adapting to the change (pun intended)

DrunkBear said:
Wear normal adult clothes, maybe a size up for pants if you think you're noticing a diaper bulge.

DrunkBear said:
Well if you have a diaper on, by its very intent it will be more convenient then finding a bathroom, getting the diaper off, going to the bathroom and putting it back on.

DrunkBear said:
Like any muscle you don't use your bladder will weaken if you rely on diapers all the time, much the way people do kegals to increase control of their bladder control.

DrunkBear said:
Depends on if its really higher quality diapers or ones advertised higher quality. Truly higher quality ones will hold more if you have the right size for you and a proper fit.

DrunkBear said:
First for it to be lastly it would have to be the last question wouldn't it? ;) Second plastic pants are used as backup protection over disposable diapers (provide noise reduction and odor control too) or as a cover for a cloth diaper.

DrunkBear said:
Not sure what you mean by backup (you mean like run out of disposables) In most cases they can hold more... the trade off is they are super thick, initially expensive, something you have to experiment with to find what works and they are not the most convenient thing to wear out of the house if you have to change.

DrunkBear said:
Baby powder helps the wearer feel dryer and smell better. You will probably want lotion too, however its more important if you plan to go #2 or are finding you are getting a rash.

DrunkBear said:
Lastly, any extra tips or advice you recommend me thanks :)
Don't get hung up on it. It can drive you crazy doing that. Remember what you have under your pants is your business and no one else's unless you make it other's by behaving like a goof

Reactions: freedom69
rennecfox said:
Well if you have a diaper on, by its very intent it will be more convenient then finding a bathroom, getting the diaper off, going to the bathroom and putting it back on.
If you only factor that one instant, sure, but is it really in the context of wearing as you go about a normal day? I wore 24/7 for a week a few times when I was in college, and I found that the process of finding a restroom suitable for changing (several were disqualified due to some combination of tiny stalls, too dirty, no trashcans due to being "eco friendly" and having no paper towels, or too crowded), changing, and then disposing of the diaper took way longer (and was much more nerve wracking) than just using the nearest available restroom. I even remember several times when I was stuck having to hold it longer than I would have had I not had a diaper on, mainly because it was full to almost the point of leaking but I didn't have 10 minutes to go change in a restroom (though I did have 2 minutes I could have used a urinal had I not been wearing a diaper)

irnub said:
If you only factor that one instant, sure, but is it really in the context of wearing as you go about a normal day? I wore 24/7 for a week a few times when I was in college, and I found that the process of finding a restroom suitable for changing (several were disqualified due to some combination of tiny stalls, too dirty, no trashcans due to being "eco friendly" and having no paper towels, or too crowded), changing, and then disposing of the diaper took way longer (and was much more nerve wracking) than just using the nearest available restroom. I even remember several times when I was stuck having to hold it longer than I would have had I not had a diaper on, mainly because it was full to almost the point of leaking but I didn't have 10 minutes to go change in a restroom (though I did have 2 minutes I could have used a urinal had I not been wearing a diaper)

I was going by the context the person already has the diaper on at that point either you have the inconvenience of taking off the diaper to use the bathroom or you don't wear it at all which going by the rest of this post doesn't seem like a choice the original poster wishes to make. Granter a third option... some type of pull on diaper

Thanks for you tips and advice, read though every post :)

I have no problem changing :) I just usually bring a nappy bag with me (my bag) and chuck it in the nappy bin when no one looks.

I often change in the bathroom stalls and if I can't find a nappy bin, there are tons here where I live, I just throw it in my bag and dispose it when I'm ready to.

In aus most public bathrooms like shopping malls have nappy disposle units in the corner, but, not in every single stall :( sadly

Mediums are perfect :) there not too tight unless I make them tight I don't usually have trouble changing while standing up, but I could always use pull up diapers if I needed to, I use them occasionally.

If it's the proper fit that is the single most important thing as it provides for the most comfortable experience and reduces likelyhood of leaks, unlike other underwear diapers need to be snug (but not so snug they pop)

Reactions: freedom69
irnub said:

I've found that it's about the same overall. It seems like you're forgetting one factor that is an advantage of diapers, irnub. For the more absorbent ones, you can pee in them multiple times before you have to change your diaper.

DrunkBear said:

If mediums fit you fine, I would recommend sticking with mediums.

Larger diapers will fit you awkwardly - if they are taped comfortably for you, the soaker pad will almost certainly bend over at the top and stay stuck in that position when you bend over, and because of the way diapers wick moisture, that means you will have the wet part facing outward, which is not ideal. The leak guards also will not form a good seal with your legs.

To have acceptable functionality, it's important to use diapers in your size.

DrunkBear said:
I wear Abena M3s. In my opinion they're excellent. If you are in Europe or Australia or have access to European or Australian suppliers at a decent price, try Tena Slips. I mention Europe because apparently American Tena diapers are deeply inferior.

DrunkBear said:
Yes. I felt weird without being diapered since before I knew what being AB was. It has only increased since I started wearing, and - obviously - more so since I started wearing full-time.

DrunkBear said:
If you can get a plain onesie and wear it under normal clothes, that will make diapers workable under basically anything in your wardrobe.

However, I would specifically not recommend wearing track pants - the material is usually flexible and thin enough, and the cut loose enough, that under wind and gravity stress, the crotch will fall in on your diaper in a way I find awkward.

I would not recommend wearing jeans. Diapers may be more obvious under skinny jeans - I can't speak to this one way or the other. I've personally found that closing the button on diapers in my size can be troublesome. I've also found that jeans that are slightly tight but in my size generally compress my diapers in a way that makes them more likely to leak. If you're going to wear jeans, wear some that are generously cut or even a size up.

I would recommend trousers. They are usually plain black. The plain means that colour changes aren't visible, the black makes weird shaping harder to see.

Don't wear just a normal t-shirt and jeans - you're taking your dignity into your hands if you do that. Take at least some precautions.

DrunkBear said:
If you do it and you're normal, it's normal. :)

DrunkBear said:
It varies between people. I would say what you are feeling is largely psychosomatic - you're more comfortable in diapers, you have less instinctive and rational reasons to hold, so it "feels" harder to hold, so why would you?

Similar for the not wearing - you've become used to wearing, so it feels weird not to.

As to whether your control will permanently or semi-permanently weaken - I'd be very hesitant to make any universal statements about that. Mine did. My advice from that point of view would be, if you feel your control is weakening, stop wearing - or at least start resuming regular toileting habits.

DrunkBear said:
It depends. I wouldn't take online tests or quoted figures as authoritative in any way - merchants will quote different figures from individual testers, and even then, the results that testers get by pouring known quantities of water into a diaper over x period of time may not necessarily be reflective of real life.

I would say that generally, more expensive diapers hold more - just because there are not a whole lot of features you can sell a diaper on other than absorbency. It could be argued that better quality and absorbency are the same thing when it comes to diapers, so that saying "better quality diapers hold more" is basically saying the same thing twice.

There are exceptions. A pack of Depend Fitted Briefs is $12 for 8 at my local chemist, but in my opinion they hold more than Tena Slip Plus (although it's been a long time since I wore those so I can't guarantee it). That said, I never got the two from the same vendor. Based on your local market offerings and what you try, you'll form an informed opinion over time.

DrunkBear said:
They are underpants made out of some non-absorbent material. PVC is a popular choice.

They muffle the sound of your diaper, I think, but I wouldn't call it a huge difference and I wouldn't rely on them for soundproofing. You also need to take into account that the material itself may be noisy. My polyurethane laminate (PUL) swimpants are noisy as hell. I used to own some Euroflex pants, but I had to throw them away because they were noisy as hell - I actually got outed when I was wearing them once. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) tends to be middle of the road; I have some PVC pants that are almost silent, and some that are detectably crinkly (although not in a diaper way) but they're all generally acceptable for public wearing. Find what works for you.

Performance will depend. If you're peeing standing up and you start leaking because the diaper can't wick fast enough, for example, then yes, the liquid will pool in the crotch of the plastic pants instead of in your actual pants, and as long as you can get to an actual toilet without sitting down or putting pressure on the diaper, you'll be saved a pair of wet pants. If you just happen to be soaked and sit down however, and get a press-out leak from that, I find that they're usually not hugely effective against that. Personally, more than anything I find them useful for masking smell - they go completely over the diaper and seal fairly well (although not perfectly) with my skin, so the opportunity for smell particulates is much rarer than it would be with a diaper alone.

They are reusable. Make sure you get decent ones - cheapo ones will often fracture around the waist and leg bands, compromising the integrity of the pant and making it useless. Also wash them regularly, otherwise vapourised urea + seep-through from your diapers will build up on them, eat away at them and make them a lot more susceptible to leaks. My understanding is hand-washing is considered best, but that if you have a washing machine it is acceptable to wash them on the delicates setting. I often throw mine in with my normal washing, but I'm aware I am probably shortening the life of the pants. Apparently an average pair of plastic pants which is looked after well should last about a year of regular use.

DrunkBear said:
It depends which cloth diapers you're thinking about. I wouldn't say they're good as backups - they're far higher-maintenance and generally quite thick compared to disposables - I can't think of a situation in which you'd want to wear disposables but would happily choose cloth instead.

I think cloth diapers are best for different jobs compared to disposables - specifically they're good for when you have to go long periods without changing and discretion is not a major concern. I have pin-on terry square diapers. I use them to deal with my bedwetting, and with long car trips. Using one diaper as normal and the other one folded up in the crotch as a booster, I've never felt like I was going to run out of absorbency - they're very functional, even to the point of being better than disposables, they're just generally far less practical.

DrunkBear said:
Baby powder pulls pee moisture away from your skin, meaning that less pee acid will be left behind to eat away at your skin. Even then, though, yes, you should get diaper rash cream; I think every diaper wearer suffers from diaper rash at least once in their life. I'm certainly more familiar with it than I'd like to be.

DrunkBear said:
I've get a few questions xD.

[...]

[...]

I'm pretty sure that if this is true, it is not because your bladder is shrinking, but because the muscles that control the bottom of your bladder, and thus allow you to hold urine in your bladder, are gradually weakening.

Anyway, my experience has been that even though you do gradually lose this bladder control when you wear diapers a lot, you can regain this control by not wearing diapers for a while.

I'm sticking with medium diapers, as they seem to be the best fit for me.

I find that my diaper butt really isn't too noticeable, just looks like I've got a bigger butt. I couldn't tell I was wearing, except the front ^.^

I've got 13 diapers left, gonna have to buy another two crates yippy :D

clothes a size bigger seem to hide the diaper butt a bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back