Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's the end for mom.

Default It's the end for mom.

My mom has been put on end of life care, she had put on a sedative to take away her pain, she has been washed, had her teeth and hair brushed and her bedsheets changed for her. It made a change for me from seeing her in pain to seeing her in what looks like she is sleeping.

I have had some nice memories of her as I built a relationship with her in the last 2 years, I can't believe that I won't be able to have a conversation with her again or hear her voice!

My dad has taken home her stuff from hospital and it was horrible! It was horrible to see my family cry as I had never seen them cry before! I am going to help out as much as possible. It could tonight, tomorrow or next week that she could pass away. So very moment counts.

#familyunited we are supporting each other.

I'm sorry to hear that, Angelic. It's good that your family is supporting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    My mom has been put on end of life care, she had put on a sedative to take away her pain, she has been washed, had her teeth and hair brushed and her bedsheets changed for her. It made a change for me from seeing her in pain to seeing her in what looks like she is sleeping.

I have had some nice memories of her as I built a relationship with her in the last 2 years, I can't believe that I won't be able to have a conversation with her again or hear her voice!

My dad has taken home her stuff from hospital and it was horrible! It was horrible to see my family cry as I had never seen them cry before! I am going to help out as much as possible. It could tonight, tomorrow or next week that she could pass away. So very moment counts.

#familyunited we are supporting each other.

Your Mom could pass-on at any time.
    The physiological process of your Mom's bodily functions is difficult to deal with.
    At least she is unconscious, and unaware of the stages of her body's final physiological shutting down until her body's life processes stop.

Angelic I am sorry for what happening to you right now, and I realize you want to be there for them, but please let them be there for you, grieving is hard especially for a parent, I lost my Mom 8 years ago, and my life has never been the same since, also grief is not linear, you can go through the stages in different patterns and at different times, or even skip some stages immediately after the loss and experience them years later, be gentle with yourself and don't be afraid to lose your "grip" it happens .

Palliative sedation , does not mean gone, please talk to your Mom and continue doing so, she is still there, and hearing every word, I can imagine the sorrow in your heart and the heaviness on your mind.

Thinking of you.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Let your mother go away so that in spite of her pain, but fear not, your mother always seeing you from there

I know how hard it is to watch and feel so helpless, but if everyone supports each other it can be a special moment.

Will keep your family in my prayers.

Egor

I am very sorry to hear hugs to you and your family

Being a Deacon Emeritus at my Congregational Meetinghouse, I am praying that your Mom will be at peace.