Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
My mom seems to be on her last legs and I feel terrible, what can you suggest to distract me from it? I tried helping out my dad.

I'm sorry to hear of this love.
I can think of cartoons, coloring, reading a good book.
Chocolate milk. Hugging your teddy.
online games maybe?
Sending you much love and hugs in this time.

babypuma said:
I'm sorry to hear of this love.
I can think of cartoons, coloring, reading a good book.
Chocolate milk. Hugging your teddy.
online games maybe?
Sending you much love and hugs in this time.
If I may add to this list, mabie watch some funny internet videos? and I agree with above and will pray for you angelic.

Angelic said:
My mom seems to be on her last legs and I feel terrible, what can you suggest to distract me from it? I tried helping out my dad.

IF your mother is still coherent, the best thing is to share your feelings and have a good time remembering the good times.
Yes help your dad out and realize that he is going through the same problems.

The passing of a love one is a very hard thing to go through, but it can also be a blessed event it is in a loving environment.

My prayers are with you.

Egor

I lost my mother when I was 24 and she was 46, she was ill for a very long time. I took care of her alone 24/7 for the last 2 years of her life, there is probably nothing that is really going to cheer you up. Just be near her, don't regret in the future the time that you could have spent with her. If you need the distraction just to get lost for a little while your favorite movie and a plushie is one of your best bets, force yourself to focus on the movie and before you know it you'll be lost in little space.
Good luck and your in my thoughts. :hug:

Thanks guys, I can't begin to imagine what the brother, grandparents and my dad is thinking, so we will help each other, I helped him out with housework and gave him plenty of hugs. My mom is at the stage where she can't even tell I am there, she could at one point because she held her arms out for a hug, but she is crying out in pain and screaming for her mom, I already had a laugh with her about our good memories together a couple of weeks back when I thought she was getting better. I am so glad that my last words to her will be "I love you", I feel guilty that I even hated her when I was in trouble with as a kid temporally, me and mom hadn't always been close until 2 years ago, I am just glad I had made an effort to be there for her once I had matured, some of the earlier memories of her still hurt but I would never wish this on her! I didn't want her to see me cry today but the nurses blown it by asking me if I was alright and if I wanted a tissue, so I kinda shouted at them, I feel guilty because they were helping mom, I should apologise when I next see them. My mom has always been sick since she was a toddler, epelespy, diabetes, kidney failure, something that means she can't regulate her body temperature and her legs swelling up and even bursting, when she goes to heaven if she goes yet, she will happy and healthy with no health conditions, I wish I got to see that mom instead of my sick one, but life isn't fair and it's too much for her, any more treatment or infections could kill her and the doctors are not going to resuscitate her as it's just cruel to keep doing that now, if she did get better at this stage, she would be in hospital for another month or so. I wasn't crying because I would not see her again, it was because she was agony.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys, I can't begin to imagine what the brother, grandparents and my dad is thinking, so we will help each other, I helped him out with housework and gave him plenty of hugs. My mom is at the stage where she can't even tell I am there, she could at one point because she held her arms out for a hug, but she is crying out in pain and screaming for her mom, I already had a laugh with her about our good memories together a couple of weeks back when I thought she was getting better. I am so glad that my last words to her will be "I love you", I feel guilty that I even hated her when I was in trouble with as a kid temporally, me and mom hadn't always been close until 2 years ago, I am just glad I had made an effort to be there for her once I had matured, some of the earlier memories of her still hurt but I would never wish this on her! I didn't want her to see me cry today but the nurses blown it by asking me if I was alright and if I wanted a tissue, so I kinda shouted at them, I feel guilty because they were helping mom, I should apologise when I next see them. My mom has always been sick since she was a toddler, epelespy, diabetes, kidney failure, something that means she can't regulate her body temperature and her legs swelling up and even bursting, when she goes to heaven if she goes yet, she will happy and healthy with no health conditions, I wish I got to see that mom instead of my sick one, but life isn't fair and it's too much for her, any more treatment or infections could kill her and the doctors are not going to resuscitate her as it's just cruel to keep doing that now, if she did get better at this stage, she would be in hospital for another month or so. I wasn't crying because I would not see her again, it was because she was agony.

😢:hugs: wish I could hug you.

Yes, you need a hug.
:hug:Near the end, my own Dad was crying out for his Mommy and Daddy.
He did not recognize me, his "eldest" son, nor my little brother.
My Dad was also weeping and crying out for Lord Jesus.
I understand what you are experiencing with your Mom.
Not an easy thing to deal with, seeing your Mom being taken away, a piece at a time.
:grouphug:

I know it hard.

I been through what you are going through.

It doesn't get any easier for a while.

You and your family will need lots of hugs.

The strangest thing is other people's lives will continue as normal but yours will not.

But it does get better but it will take at least a year.

I lost my muther over 10 years ago and I still miss her.

Hopefully you will be able to go and do some thing nice. Which win help.

Big hug.

Sisi

Last edited:
I wish you luck and pray for minimal suffering for her and you as well

As long as there are people who remember a loved one, they are not really gone.

Listening a happily music must be good when you sad and also watching a comedy show or motivational shows to raise your happy mood.

I think there are times to feel bad and this is one that qualifies. Let yourself feel bad at least for a while rather than seeking a distraction. This could take some time for you to process emotionally and the best way forward is through rather than avoiding the subject.

Sometimes, people cannot avoid grief. This feeling is very humane and usually appears as a reaction to changes and certain life experiences. The good news, everyone has the ability to please himself and there are various ways you can develop this ability. Read this article if you want to learn more and feel happy.

Be the easy laugh and smiling.

Research shows that smiling can improve your mood and make you feel happy. Additionally, laugh, our brain releases endorphins, a chemical compound that can improve mood.

Although you may not like to laugh, you will be happier by enabling small muscles in the face that works when you laugh and smile. Although it may initially be forced to try to pretend because laughter and a smile can trigger memories of the funny things or fun so eventually, you really laugh or smile.

In order not to force yourself to smile or laugh, watch comedies, read a book of humor, or spend time with friends who can make you smile.

Do your hobby.
Distributes negative emotions or feelings of distress through various activities. Do things that are fun and relaxing, like painting, learning photography, write poetry, or make ceramics. Look for activities that can provide a sense of peace and release you from everyday problems. Does not mean that you can "escape" from the grief, but this way, you will be more robust in the face of grief by giving some time for yourself to do what you love.

Look for new activities. Perhaps you want to practice yoga, but never could. Try doing new things that can encourage more of your life. Activity or new hobby is also an opportunity to meet people with the same mindset.

Think about things that are more important.
Any other aspects that make your life worth living? Think about things that are precious in your life, friends, family, health. You have every reason to be happy and grateful to be aware of what you have, even if you currently can not feel it. Various studies have shown that gratitude is closely related to happiness.

Do activities outside the home and socialize.
Go watch a movie, enjoy dinner at a restaurant, or biking with friends or family. In addition to distract, social interaction will free your mind from grief for a few hours. Talking with others-even with just mince words-and change the atmosphere can improve your mood.

If you really prefer to be alone, do not let you shut down altogether from the association because you will be more stressed and anxious. Seek social interaction with specific purposes, such as helping deliver the goods, buy groceries, or to a salon for a pedicure with a friend, instead of going to a bar with my friends all night.

Talk with friends.
Contacts and social support is an important factor in happiness. Telling stories with friends about what you feel and what causes it could reduce the sadness because you know that there is someone who cares for you.

Expressed sadness with sound is "channeling" of emotion. Additionally, you can explain exactly what you feel because of this feeling should be realized through speech. Your sadness that had been abstract, it becomes something tangible, can be named and discussed, although it is expressed only in words.

Focus attention on others.
Besides giving you busyness, sharing time and energy to help others will also foster a sense of worth and useful. This makes you feel better and help solve your problem.

Find out how to cry good.
Sometimes, cries can improve mood. Even if you do not want, it's okay to cry because after that, you feel better and happy again. If you really want to cry, do not hold, let your tears streaming down. You will feel more calm and relieved after crying. Back tears tantamount to bury sadness that "smothering".

Even though she appears to be completely unaware, you just don't know for sure. One of the things you can do is to sit with her and read to her from something she might have enjoyed a few months ago. If she liked the Bible, read some of that. If she liked the classics or romances, read some of that. It will be a connection between you and her, and might give her a bit of comfort in her pain.
I too, have been where you are, and know that there is a lot of pain ahead. We are all here for you and care about you. I will also be praying for your strength and her comfort.

She's gone now, passed away, RIP

So sorry for your loss.

Just remember all the good times. A good cry can do wonders.

Having recently gone through it myself, I know the pain you are in. I know there is nothing we can say, but just know that we care for you and are here for you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Like others I wish I could give you a big hug and cry with you. It's terrible losing a loved one, but try to focus on what you learned from them and the love they gave you. My good friend once told me the people you lose make you focus on the qualities they instilled in you and you become a better person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back