Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What can you suggest to cheer me up?

Default What can you suggest to cheer me up?

My mom seems to be on her last legs and I feel terrible, what can you suggest to distract me from it? I tried helping out my dad.

I'm sorry to hear of this love.
    I can think of cartoons, coloring, reading a good book.
    Chocolate milk. Hugging your teddy.
    online games maybe?
    Sending you much love and hugs in this time.

Quote Originally Posted by babypuma View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of this love.
    I can think of cartoons, coloring, reading a good book.
    Chocolate milk. Hugging your teddy.
    online games maybe?
    Sending you much love and hugs in this time.
    If I may add to this list, mabie watch some funny internet videos? and I agree with above and will pray for you angelic.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    My mom seems to be on her last legs and I feel terrible, what can you suggest to distract me from it? I tried helping out my dad.
    IF your mother is still coherent, the best thing is to share your feelings and have a good time remembering the good times.
    Yes help your dad out and realize that he is going through the same problems.

The passing of a love one is a very hard thing to go through, but it can also be a blessed event it is in a loving environment.

My prayers are with you.

Egor

I lost my mother when I was 24 and she was 46, she was ill for a very long time. I took care of her alone 24/7 for the last 2 years of her life, there is probably nothing that is really going to cheer you up. Just be near her, don't regret in the future the time that you could have spent with her. If you need the distraction just to get lost for a little while your favorite movie and a plushie is one of your best bets, force yourself to focus on the movie and before you know it you'll be lost in little space.
    Good luck and your in my thoughts.

Thanks guys, I can't begin to imagine what the brother, grandparents and my dad is thinking, so we will help each other, I helped him out with housework and gave him plenty of hugs. My mom is at the stage where she can't even tell I am there, she could at one point because she held her arms out for a hug, but she is crying out in pain and screaming for her mom, I already had a laugh with her about our good memories together a couple of weeks back when I thought she was getting better. I am so glad that my last words to her will be "I love you", I feel guilty that I even hated her when I was in trouble with as a kid temporally, me and mom hadn't always been close until 2 years ago, I am just glad I had made an effort to be there for her once I had matured, some of the earlier memories of her still hurt but I would never wish this on her! I didn't want her to see me cry today but the nurses blown it by asking me if I was alright and if I wanted a tissue, so I kinda shouted at them, I feel guilty because they were helping mom, I should apologise when I next see them. My mom has always been sick since she was a toddler, epelespy, diabetes, kidney failure, something that means she can't regulate her body temperature and her legs swelling up and even bursting, when she goes to heaven if she goes yet, she will happy and healthy with no health conditions, I wish I got to see that mom instead of my sick one, but life isn't fair and it's too much for her, any more treatment or infections could kill her and the doctors are not going to resuscitate her as it's just cruel to keep doing that now, if she did get better at this stage, she would be in hospital for another month or so. I wasn't crying because I would not see her again, it was because she was agony.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys, I can't begin to imagine what the brother, grandparents and my dad is thinking, so we will help each other, I helped him out with housework and gave him plenty of hugs. My mom is at the stage where she can't even tell I am there, she could at one point because she held her arms out for a hug, but she is crying out in pain and screaming for her mom, I already had a laugh with her about our good memories together a couple of weeks back when I thought she was getting better. I am so glad that my last words to her will be "I love you", I feel guilty that I even hated her when I was in trouble with as a kid temporally, me and mom hadn't always been close until 2 years ago, I am just glad I had made an effort to be there for her once I had matured, some of the earlier memories of her still hurt but I would never wish this on her! I didn't want her to see me cry today but the nurses blown it by asking me if I was alright and if I wanted a tissue, so I kinda shouted at them, I feel guilty because they were helping mom, I should apologise when I next see them. My mom has always been sick since she was a toddler, epelespy, diabetes, kidney failure, something that means she can't regulate her body temperature and her legs swelling up and even bursting, when she goes to heaven if she goes yet, she will happy and healthy with no health conditions, I wish I got to see that mom instead of my sick one, but life isn't fair and it's too much for her, any more treatment or infections could kill her and the doctors are not going to resuscitate her as it's just cruel to keep doing that now, if she did get better at this stage, she would be in hospital for another month or so. I wasn't crying because I would not see her again, it was because she was agony.

Yes, you need a hug.
    Near the end, my own Dad was crying out for his Mommy and Daddy.
    He did not recognize me, his "eldest" son, nor my little brother.
    My Dad was also weeping and crying out for Lord Jesus.
    I understand what you are experiencing with your Mom.
    Not an easy thing to deal with, seeing your Mom being taken away, a piece at a time.

I know it hard.

I been through what you are going through.

It doesn't get any easier for a while.

You and your family will need lots of hugs.

The strangest thing is other people's lives will continue as normal but yours will not.

But it does get better but it will take at least a year.

I lost my muther over 10 years ago and I still miss her.

Hopefully you will be able to go and do some thing nice. Which win help.

Big hug.

Sisi
    Last edited by siysiy; 06-Jul-2016 at 03:45.

I wish you luck and pray for minimal suffering for her and you as well