Status
Not open for further replies.

DprEffect

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So my mom caught me but acted like it didn't happen. I've been debating all day on whether i need to sit down and talk to her.

I'd like to bring up that she kind of already knows I'm an ABDL. I confessed when i was 18. But at the time i still really didn't understand my feelings and never told her i've felt this way since the age of 5. She felt it was a phase and i would grow out of it. We never spoke of it again and i've to my knowledge been very good about hiding it.

Which brings us to today. My mom is getting ready to sell the house and is fixing it up. She needed to measure my closet to put new doors on. Forgetting i just changed and hadn't put everything up. I opened the door to let her in. I didnt realize it until she left my room but i left my wipes, baby powder, plastic pant and pacifier sitting on my bed.
*engage freakout mode*

She never mentioned it but i know she saw it probably as not to embarrass me. She is very open minded and i know she wouldn't care. But it is bugging the hell out of me that she saw and said nothing. She knows i'm dealing with psychological issues and i don't want her assuming its connected. So i wanted to ask you guys. Should i bring up what she saw and sit down and talk with her? Or should i just let it go? If i do sit down and talk to her about it. How would you bring it up?

Reactions: freedom69
I think you should say "Hey mom, you Know when i let you in my room and you saw some of my stuff, i wanted you to see them so you would know how i felt, this is not something you did, it's something i enjoy, i won't rub it your face and it is nothing to do with the fact i am having a hard time at the moment as i felt like this since i was 5"

I'm very strongly of the opinion that you should say nothing. That is your personal business and the reason she didn't say anything is out of respect for you as well as discretion. You're 25 which means you're a grown adult and have your own life. It's not her place to meddle just as surely as you would not want to know what goes on in your parents' bedroom. Imagine if they were into a certain kink - would you like to hear all about it? Probably not. Best thing you can do at this point is move on and act as if it never happened. Remember this as the bottom line - this kink is special and people who do not share it will never understand it. We don't even understand it!

If your mother doesn't care when she saw that, it means she already understands your situation.

but if she wanted an explanation,
I think you have to explain it and you also have to understand your mother,
if she objected, you must tell the truth to him that your life is like that,
but if she not objected, as I say she already understands you.

As your parent, she knows the best for you.
Essentially you don't get too feared when that happens because it would trigger your mother to suspicious of you.

"Remain calm and explain honestly."
Max

Relax, she knows about it already and doesn't feel there is a need to discuss it. You have enough stress. Don't add more about a non-issue. If there is something that you feel your Mom could help you with, then talk to her about that need. Just relax, you have a good Mom.

She could be trying to "guilt" you into confessing and starting the dialogue, which could actually work in your favor, if you lead she follows rather than being wild accusations and arguments and all the drama, you could control the CONVERSATION, something to the effect of "hey Mom we started this talk when I was 18 but things have changed and solidified in my mind over the years, let's sit and discuss my choices and feelings regarding diapers", it's non threatening and a very calm rationale opening for a dialogue of adults, rather than a parent- child not in my house or anything like that, this could be an opening for a win-win situation if you approach it right.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

She may already know and just doesn't care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies. She still hasn't brought it up or acted any different like something is bothering her. So for the time being i'm not going to bring it up.

I guess this topic is closed but I thought I'd weigh in anyway. I hate my parents because they boxed my ABDL side since I was 3. It never leaves me though! I don't need anyone in my life as longs as I have my stash.

DprEffect said:
Thanks for all the replies. She still hasn't brought it up or acted any different like something is bothering her. So for the time being i'm not going to bring it up.

It sounds like you mom has accepted this and that's a good thing. You might mention to her that you're alright and nothing is bothering you, if that's true of course.

nobodyknows said:
Considering that your mom acted like it didn't happen and never brought it up, it seems like she doesn't care.

Yeah thats what I'm now thinking. She is very big on accepting who you are. So she probably knows while she may not completely understand it, its part of who i am. She unknowingly actually helped (along with the adisc community) me accept that this is part of who i am and there is nothing wrong with it.

I wouldn't push the envelope by initiating a conversation.

If she's worried about you, she'll come talk to you. That's when you should explain or answer any questions. If not, just let it go. It might not even be healthy for your relationship with her to include her, and the fact that she turns a blind eye means that she is letting you handle this yourself.

Continue to be sneaky, discreet, respectful, and quiet the best you can.

just say mom can we talk about what u found on my bed. and say what u fill. cause if u dont the worry will start to affect the way u handle other things in life:patpat:

Unless you want to be able to talk to her or not hide it say nothing. If she has seen them and said nothing she is respecting your privacy. I'm sure my parents and even my room mates know about my dl side but it's none of their business and they know that. Diapers shouldn't be a public thing.

DprEffect said:
Yeah thats what I'm now thinking. She is very big on accepting who you are. So she probably knows while she may not completely understand it, its part of who i am. She unknowingly actually helped (along with the adisc community) me accept that this is part of who i am and there is nothing wrong with it.

Or she could be in denial and silently freaking out. Some people associate this fetish with pedophilia.

You could mention that you are aware that she saw your stuff and if she wanted to understand better, she should look at this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-With-Being-a-Diaper-Lover

It does not address the AB side, but it is a start and you did not have much AB props in evidence anyway.

As long as she does not say anything I advise you to leave it alone and not say anything. Your mom doesn't really care or she respects your privacy enough not to say anything.

Leave things alone. She probably doesn't want to know.

Kenn said:
Or she could be in denial and silently freaking out. Some people associate this fetish with pedophilia.

You could mention that you are aware that she saw your stuff and if she wanted to understand better, she should look at this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-With-Being-a-Diaper-Lover

It does not address the AB side, but it is a start and you did not have much AB props in evidence anyway.

Wow. That's an amazing article!

If she does not bring it up, do not worry about it. This type of "being caught" could go either way but each person on this post will be able to give their experience. I started having accidents when I went to college and started buying plastic underpants to wear over my underwear at night. Luckily my dorm mate was OK with this since it was better than having wet sheet smell. One summer when I was home from college my dad noticed my plastic underpants on my bed when I had changed out of them (was dry that morning) but he did not say anything but kept asking me about something he originally came to talk to me about. I did not notice this until he opened my door and started asking me a question than made a strange face looking over my shoulder but then kept going on with his question. Only when I turned around did I see my plastic underpants laying right on top of my bed (I just forgot put them away).

When I was 8 I had a major bedwetting incident at my best friend's house with a sleepover. His mom had me wear a diaper and plastic underpants the next few nights I stayed over but my parents never mentioned it. When I was 12 or 13 I had some wet dreams and thought I was almost wetting the bed again so I bought some plastic underpants to wear. I kept them under my mattress and my mom changed my sheets one day and I suspected she saw them. I began to keep them in my underwear drawer after that and I strongly suspected she knew because some times I would find my washed underwear in my drawer laying next to my plastic underpants so my mother must have seen these when putting my washed clothes in my drawer. I finally figured they thought I had a good reason to buy and wear them so they never said anything about it. Even in college it seemed "almost normal" to wear plastic underpants so I would not wet my sheets and embarrass my roommate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back