Status
Not open for further replies.

crowza

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I am just curious it seems nowadays everyone is buying from ABUniverse rather than Bambino Diapers, don't get me wrong I love both companies, in terms of design ABU has stepped it up. I love Bambino's comfort. I am curious is anyone still buying from Bambino? I just ordered their variety case.

I just bought a case of classico's from them.

I bought some biancos.

I'm in the UK so have never been able to try bambino products, I've tried a few of the Abu nappies available in Europe and have to say they haven't disappointed

Bellissimos, because they are similar to the ABUniverse Simples and cost less.

I generally am not a fan of the TotalDry style diapers. For some reason the front landing zone is either the same size across all the sizes, or the difference is negligible. So whether I get the L or the XL the fit the same and that bothers me. I prefer the Abena style tape system.

I stopped buying from bambino recently simply because I'm annoyed that they've had so many raises in their pricing in a single year, while they still have the nerve to have 'sales' where they put their diapers back to what they were priced just a few months ago and claim it's a 'discount'.

That, and--despite the fact that there's been a TON of new varieties of diapers that have come out on the market lately...bambino had stayed stagnant, with their only significant change being their 10-20% price increases on their products, and that new 'Hybrid' diaper that has yet to see the light of day, even though it's supposedly been in the works for all this time. (Other companies, like ABU, have come out with more than one diaper in the time it's taken bambino to do just one).

So, for now, until something changes with them, my new go-to diapers have been DC Idyls and Northshore Supremes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in love with ABU atm but Teddy's are one of my all time faves. I will probably buy some along with the new Magnifico when they come out.

I wouldn't consider buying from bambino unfortunately.

Sadly I have to agree with many here, Bambino's prices have steadily risen with no improvement in quality or release of new products, and their sales are rarely exciting. They're falling behind, and I hope they make a change sometime soon. They were my first major source for diapers, and I'd hate to see them disappear. I still buy somewhat regularly from them, but that's the Totaldry Plus. (now that snuggies has abandoned daytime wear)

Hey if you think bambino has stalled look at wellness brief they have withered on the vine, they to say they are having a rare sale, yet they have only once gone to the price of the tried and good old reserve of many the Abena M/L 4, competition breeds innovation, price, and product "wars", wellness has just put it in park.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Dan09 said:
I stopped buying from bambino recently simply because I'm annoyed that they've had so many raises in their pricing in a single year, while they still have the nerve to have 'sales' where they put their diapers back to what they were priced just a few months ago and claim it's a 'discount'.

So many times this. All they're doing is training their customers to stock up and only buy during the "sales", but with real competition now, most of us will just choose to shop elsewhere instead.

Bellissimos, because they are similar to the ABUniverse Simples and cost less.

They cost more, sadly. $2.05 for Bellissimo, $1.95 for Simple/Space/LittlePawz. You can buy a smaller quantity with Bambino, though.

I still buy somewhat regularly from them, but that's the Totaldry Plus.

Those are amazingly affordable, but.. the quality is horrendous >_<

Half the time if I so much as lightly touch the back of them, it'll cause a hole that starts the process of them splitting in half. They leak after two light wettings. The sides completely detach from the front when I try to sleep with one on. It's like wearing four Brawny paper towels with the world's thinnest plastic layer around them.

Hey they built drop tanks for the P-51 out of paper and glue, be glad they comped you the plastic that self destruct.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Classicos were my first diapers and they're still my favorite. ABU is top-tier when it comes to diapers, but they're really pricey too. So I stick to Bambino for the most part, their diapers cost less and are absorbent enough for me. Plus I just love the prints on Classico, though Magnifico may become my new favorite when they finally decide to start making them.

I don't like buying from them anymore, they've gotten 2 of my orders screwed up in a row and they didn't respond to any of the emails about the messed up orders. Plus the 2 times I ordered discrete packed case abenas(which cost extra) they came in the non discrete packaging direct from manufacturer and just kept the extra little bit of cash.
I honestly love the Quadro boosters, but their pricing, customer service and overall way of doing business just makes me feel like they don't really care about the customers anymore, it's all about making money to them now. :thumbdown:

I switched to Northshore Supremes a little over a year ago and they are my favorite diaper ever. I'm often tempted to try another case of Bambinos but always opt for another case of NorthShores instead.

bambino just notified me of their 4th of july sale. best deal there is medium classico cases 20% off. Strange that they'd be so specific, they must have an overstock with them. Anyway, beanpoles come n get 'em while you can!

I haven't bought from Bambino recently since I can't buy as often as I'd like and last time I bought was from ABUniverse. Haven't had any problems with Bambino though, and never thought about stopping buying from them. I still really enjoy the Bambino Teddies.

Just bought 2 bags of Bellissimos. They have a July 4th sale going right now, which makes them barely edge out ABU in terms of price. I also tried them in the past and they were 5-star in terms of quality.

I have never had issues with Bambino. They have always shipped discreetly for me, reliably, and on-time. That said, I guess I am one of the suckers who continually have fell for Bambino's sales. Glad you guys are here to set me straight!

Couple of questions:

-I understand the new ABU offers free shipping on case orders. Is their shipping reliably discreet?
-Does the new ABU ever offer sales or discounts?
-I see they ship UPS on case orders. Is this UPS Ground shipping or is it Smart Post? This matters to me because I don't receive street delivery via the postal service where I live, so if they ship smart post, not ground, then I have to go to the post office and embarrassingly pick up a large box full of diapers.

How do the ABU diapers compare to the Bellissimo's which are my current favorite go-to diaper?

Thanks SO much for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back