Thread: Curiosity

Default Curiosity

This is for everyone that has gone to see a psychiatrist about being an AB/DL. The last couple of time that my mom has found the diapers that I thought were hid, she mentioned that if I felt like I needed to wear diapers than I need to go to see a Doctor, which I'm pretty sure she means a psychiatrist. The thought had crossed my mind of doing this on my own just for my benefit, but not sure how to proceed or even do it at all.

The questions I would like to ask are:
    1. Were you forced to go see a psychiatrist or did you go on your own accord?
    2. What type of psychiatrist did you see? (What was their areas of expertise?)
    3. Did you see a psychiatrist of the same sex or opposite sex?
    4. How exactly did you start the conversation with him/her about why you were there.
    5. This one is only for the ones that are comfortable discussing it. What was the outcome? Positive? Negative? Unnecessary?

Any help would be helpful. Other than everyone on this site, the only person I've told was my grandmother and she was very loving and understanding about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi UGAFAN1985

If you think it was dangerous for you and your future, I think you need to see a psychiatrist for the next future solution for your life, which obviously they are experts in the field of psychiatry.

I don't care what gender they are,
    the important thing I started self-introduction, explaining the problem and asking for a solution
    do not be afraid if you want to be examined by a doctor, just say what you feel, because the solution is said by psychiatry is the best for your life.

Thanks
    Max
    Last edited by MaxToddler; 03-Jul-2016 at 03:24.

Quote Originally Posted by UGAFAN1985 View Post
    The questions I would like to ask are:

1. Were you forced to go see a psychiatrist or did you go on your own accord?
    No I was not forced. IT came up after a lot of other issues had been addressed.

2. What type of psychiatrist did you see? (What was their areas of expertise?)
    It was a therapist that I had been working with for a couple of years. I do not know that they where of any particular study.

3. Did you see a psychiatrist of the same sex or opposite sex?
    I do not know that this matters. However I have had very little success with a male therapist, but my best ones have been female. The one I finally came out to is female/opposite and we could talk about stuff in a good environment and that is the most important factor to helpful therapy.

4. How exactly did you start the conversation with him/her about why you were there.
    After a period of no therapy I started having incontinence issues and the DL binge cycle came back after 8 years. I talked to her about the feelings over the incontinence and the Diaper discipline that I had during my childhood. At the end of the session I brought up the AB/DL feelings and then I explained that to her and left. At the next session we talked about AB/DL and the issues and therapy. Eventually we turned the situation into a coping mechanism.

5. This one is only for the ones that are comfortable discussing it. What was the outcome? Positive? Negative? Unnecessary?
    I think this has already been answered. Positive.[/quote]