Thread: 2016 Australian federal election

Default 2016 Australian federal election

Who did you vote for? Who did you preference particularly low? Why?

How would you describe your political beliefs, irrespective of who you voted for?

For what it's worth, I voted 1 Green 2 Labor in Reps. I voted below the line for Senate. Hanging around in the sub-100s range were Rise Up Australia, One Nation, Derryn Hinch's Justice Party and the Citizens' Electoral Council, among others. I'd consider myself leftist not otherwise specified.

I was really disturbed to find the ballot papers had little pictures on them..... Do they think the majority of the population are morons? What's next an art smock, crayons and colour the logo of your preferred political party?

I dislike the major political parties in Australia but probably not as much as I fell sick at the idea of Derryn Hunch being a decision maker.

Another thing inherited from us brits useless faceless politician's

Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    I was really disturbed to find the ballot papers had little pictures on them..... Do they think the majority of the population are morons? What's next an art smock, crayons and colour the logo of your preferred political party?
    That's not as bad an idea as it might seem. There was an election here a couple years ago where we had a couple of local politicians with very similar names. I could understand someone messing up, especially if their vision wasn't quite up to snuff, or they were a tad dyslexic.

It's certainly common in the UK for ballot papers to have party logos against candidates names, along with a subtitle "the X party candidate". It's not like it has a material effect on the cost of printing ballot papers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliborio View Post
    Who did you vote for? Who did you preference particularly low? Why?
    Labor in the lower-house then greens, mostly just to get rid of the liberals.
    In the senate the Greens and other minor parties like Sex party and the Upgrade Democracy guys.

Why? because I had to and fuck having another 4 years of this =/

Also I preferenced The Christian Democrats even below liberals as their polices make the 1600s look progressiv

How would you describe your political beliefs, irrespective of who you voted for?
    Terminally depressed?

Probably centrist/moderate left libertarian so there is no existing representation for me, especially not in Australia.
    Excuse me while I drink more rum.