Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlbychoice

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all

Please can you advise me.

Plastic pants, how tight should the elastic be around the legs.
I have some that I think are too tight. They leave a red mark on my skin.

Is this correct because it feels very uncomfortable.

Hi Dlbychoice

I think you should buy a slightly larger size.
because if the pants are too tight, it will make the waist feel uncomfortable and it is harmful to your feet, because it constricts blood flow to the legs and cause numbness.

so I think don't buy too tight and buy a little more loose and fit for your waist.
There are many sites that offer a nappy or plastic pants in adult size, it may be more suitable.

may this help you
Max

They don't need to create a watertight seal if that's what your asking. I think the elastic is basically there to hold them in place, so I'd say no they shouldn't be that tight. Mine never have been and they've always done what they're supposed to. Umm :blushie: unless I've over done it hahaha. Well they're not designed for a tsunami.

In my view if the elastic leaves red marks they’re too small. I find plastic pants that are somewhat oversized to be the most comfortable. If leakage is a concern with larger pants, simply tuck the waist and leg openings back under the cloth to from a barrier against leaks.

I think they should be snug but not overly tight.

Snug is good tight is not, tight will prematurely wear them out , a rule of thumb is whatever size diaper you wear go one size larger, if you are getting them off the shelf , if you are getting them custom to your measurements you can specify the leg size versus the waist size, if you have larger or smaller legs than the average person.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Dlbychoice said:
Hi all

Please can you advise me.

Plastic pants, how tight should the elastic be around the legs.
I have some that I think are too tight. They leave a red mark on my skin.

Is this correct because it feels very uncomfortable.

tight enough to keep in liquids and slow odor dispensation, not so tight that it cuts off circulation to your legs or waist

If it is leaving a red mark then it is too tight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back