Sharing My Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAndrea

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
As I have said before I am always on the lookout for new toys to add to my collection:
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
I know it pretty impressive! :D But I just wanted to share my 2 newest acquisitions. I have been trying really hard to find new bathtub toys and I found a vintage sesame street one on e-bay for a very reasonable price. Here it is.
1232.jpg
I also have been on a sesame street kick lately and so I got a couple of other things like DIY stuffed big bird and cookie monster (not pictured) and these awesome cookie cutters which I can't wait to use to make cookies for my lunches.
123.jpg
There are a few things that are not in the above playroom but they are on the bigger side like my, My Little Pony Paradise Estate which is huge. I could play all day for the rest of my life with all of the toys I have, I know I'm a very lucky girl, just thought that I would share.
Do you have anything from your childhood that you have either bought back or wanted to?

Wow. Anyone walking into your room would turn into a child right now.

You have a lot of stuffs, very interesting!

Do you play with them or just collect?

oh no I play! The general rule of thumb is if I can't play with it, I don't buy it. I have a few things that are still in their packaging but I will never be afraid to open it. That is what they were made for and I have done it before. I have sealed barbies and I just opened one last week because I wanted to brush her hair.

Sometimes my husband will buy me toys still in their original boxes as gifts so they will feel less like a used gift and sometimes I will open them and sometimes I won't and sometimes I will open them a year later and then there are things like the barbie and the rockers barrettes where I have the same thing twice, one out of the box and one in. But I would never keep anything just to look at it and yes I have accidentally broken my toys before and then we try to replace it as best we can.

But why spend all of this time and money if your not going to have fun with it!

LittleAndrea said:
oh no I play! The general rule of thumb is if I can't play with it, I don't buy it. I have a few things that are still in their packaging but I will never be afraid to open it. That is what they were made for and I have done it before. I have sealed barbies and I just opened one last week because I wanted to brush her hair.

Sometimes my husband will buy me toys still in their original boxes as gifts so they will feel less like a used gift and sometimes I will open them and sometimes I won't and sometimes I will open them a year later and then there are things like the barbie and the rockers barrettes where I have the same thing twice, one out of the box and one in. But I would never keep anything just to look at it and yes I have accidentally broken my toys before and then we try to replace it as best we can.

But why spend all of this time and money if your not going to have fun with it!
I agree so much with that mentality, things are supposed to be used and life to be lived and enjoyed. So what if they get worn or damaged?

Rather that than not enjoying what you have because of the fear and worry of losing it.

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00ED através de Tapatalk

Glad that someone asked the question I was thinking of, the main reason I was wondering if you actually played with the stuff or not, is cause of how neat and organized it looks on the shelves

I love it! Your collection looks like so much fun

Holey Toys Batman,

This is a very impressive collection. I am jealous mom wont let me have kid toys. :-(
Baby can only dream of such a wonderland.

Stack of Diapers.jpg All Diapers.jpg

these are my creations adult baby diapers. so nice to ware at night and during the day.

My parents always bought me a toys every my birthday, even I have a toy box full of toys in my bedroom.

Wow. It looks like you could open your own toy store!

ABcharlie said:
Holey Toys Batman,

This is a very impressive collection. I am jealous mom wont let me have kid toys. :-(
Baby can only dream of such a wonderland.

View attachment 26540 View attachment 26541

these are my creations adult baby diapers. so nice to ware at night and during the day.

Wow! Nice diapers!

It's only as organized as it is because my husband goes in there and reorganizes it all the time. We have a deal that when I find new toys to buy he will find a home for it but I have to put it back when I'm done playing with it. Otherwise he gets mad and I have to stop buying toys for a while. It's better just to keep it clean like he asks.

Besides it's pretty much the same rules I had as a child when your done playing with something put it back where you found it. :eek:

dogboy said:
Wow. It looks like you could open your own toy store!

We have actually talked about after we retire in about 30 - 40 years opening a museum of the 80s. There are many other items around are house that were made in the 80s and yes we use them. In fact my blender was made in 82' and works better than the one I had to toss made in 2011. Plastic vs. Metal and Glass. I love history and I think in a way the collection though functional is an awesome time capsule of the 1980s that people that weren't alive during that decade may enjoy learning about. Well, maybe anyway.

The 1980 and 1990s sounds intrigeging (sorry can't spell) but I wasn't born until 1998 so i never got to experience the 90s properly. But on the other hand, I prefer the fast availability of 2016 of the Internet.

I'm jealous of your collection!!

I broke most of mine when I was an actual kid XD Including electronics that I would take apart..

Seeing this, I feel bad that I did that now, oh well.

In our case for the most part our parents had gotten rid of everything that we had and we decided that since we could we would just get it all back and since we have pretty much gotten everything that we had and everything that we wanted for the most part.

We both have a list that we call the holy grail list (things that are either expensive or really hard to find) and we have nearly everything on those now as well. It's so much fun to hold one of those toys you had when you were little in your arms again. I highly suggest it to everyone. :)

Such a nice collection of toys and things to choose from at play time. I love having a bubble bath with my bath tub toys.
Your vintage sesame toys would be a delightful addition to anyone's bath tub. I like the cookie cutters too as I also like making cookies and decorating them. As to, "Do you have anything from your childhood that you have either bought back or wanted to?" I would love to find a brown and tan teddy bear like I had for much of my childhood. We always slept together no matter where I was. I repaired seams and did everything I could but eventually there was no saving my teddy bear. Today I have a large collection of stuffies but none like my favorite teddy bear.

Oh wow, I used to have a boat set very similar to that Sesame Street one, maybe a more "recent" model (I grew up in the mid 90's-early00's).

Nice collection either way. I sadly don't have too many toys aside from a box of legos, but maybe that will change.

Zendot said:
I agree so much with that mentality, things are supposed to be used and life to be lived and enjoyed. So what if they get worn or damaged?

Rather that than not enjoying what you have because of the fear and worry of losing it.

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00ED através de Tapatalk

That is the way I am with my toy cars and trucks and my NERF toy guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Angelic said:
The 1980 and 1990s sounds intrigeging (sorry can't spell) but I wasn't born until 1998 so i never got to experience the 90s properly. But on the other hand, I prefer the fast availability of 2016 of the Internet.[/QUOTE/]

My little brother still has his 1960's era 12" G. I. Joe Action Army Soldier toy.

Seeing how I once had a dream about such a place, I'd be right at home there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back