Diaper that can take side-wetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side wetting results in leaks because the crotch is higher than the waist when you are on your side. I wear cloth diapers and use bamboo/cotton inserts, which are very absorbent to keep the pee from working its way down. We use bed pads to help with the inevitable leaks.

Thanks Tetra and DyperDave,

Next time I wear at night I know what I need to do.

I like the idea of the inserts too - I'll take a look. Could you give me a link to some so I can see which ones you mean, DyperDave?

I have disposable bed pads on the bed already - and they help a lot.

I'm going to stop wearing at night for a while due to a change. Rather than bore you all here, I will put the reasons in a bog entry.

Anyway when I start again in a few weeks' time - I'll wear cloth.

Thanks for all your help.

Angelic said:
I like crinkly bed mats! Why don't you like them!?

I actually do like the crinkly mats! I was only suggesting the reusable for economical reasons.. also for the sake of the crinkles waking up anyone sleeping next to you! :sweatdrop:

Pinguinito said:
I like the idea of the inserts too - I'll take a look. Could you give me a link to some so I can see which ones you mean, DyperDave?

I will get some photos up in a few days of the inserts I make. I have been sewing my own diapers. Personally, I like flat gauze diapers, but to wear them during the day and wet in them means they have to be a bit thick. By making inserts out of 500 gsm bamboo/cotton fabric about 8" x 30", I can now wear a thin double gauze print diaper with the insert, and it provides good protection during the day without being all that noticeable.

If I drink too much tea and eat watermelon in the evening, as I often do, I can end up wetting quite a bit. Having a well padded diaper with an insert can easily contain the wetness, but I don't always worry about that. :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

DyperDave said:
I will get some photos up in a few days of the inserts I make. I have been sewing my own diapers. Personally, I like flat gauze diapers, but to wear them during the day and wet in them means they have to be a bit thick. By making inserts out of 500 gsm bamboo/cotton fabric about 8" x 30", I can now wear a thin double gauze print diaper with the insert, and it provides good protection during the day without being all that noticeable.

If I drink too much tea and eat watermelon in the evening, as I often do, I can end up wetting quite a bit. Having a well padded diaper with an insert can easily contain the wetness, but I don't always worry about that. :eek:

Thanks DyperDave, I'd be interested.

Is gauze much better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back