Tips on fecal containment needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are wanting to use something that is not a plastic style pant, I would suggest compression shorts. I use those if I am going to be very active. They have keep the diaper in place and snug to your body. Plus this is a much less expensive solution. Good luck!

Angelic said:
Yuk! Sounds medical!

pooping is quite nasty- but at least with a fecal collector bag, it minimizes contact with skin thus preventing infections and such. It also seem a lot easier to cleanup
rather than getting the poop everywhere

there are some breathable diaper covers these days, garys active wear is supposed to be good.

A medical bag takes away the fun!

- - - Updated - - -

And the whole cleaning up you had as a toddler!

I have recently been having issues with fecal incontinence. It was never an issue before. It started about a month ago.

I have a doctor appointment next month and I am going to come clean about my incontinence issues. I have other issues, as well, and I think this could be the last piece of the puzzle in terms of getting a diagnosis for what I have been experiencing for years. My other symptoms include joint pain and stiffness, occasional vasovagal attacks, and now incontinence. I have been dealing well with the urinary incontinence thus far, having already had an interest in diapers and that thankfully helped me get over the anxiety of not having a choice in wearing protection. But the fecal incontinence... it has been the absolute most anxiety-inducing thing I have ever dealt with. The other day, I was cleaning my bathroom and, before I could even register, I had an accident. The worst part was that I was already in the bathroom. I had to go downstairs to my other bathroom, the one with the shower, walk past my partner, and shower before I could even think of finishing cleaning the upstairs bathroom. Honestly, one of the most humiliating moments of my life. It was not a solid BM, if that gives you an indication of how horrible that was, having to walk past my partner on the way to the shower. Of course, he had no idea, and I have no intention of ever telling him it happened. That was not the first time, but it was the worst time.

Anyway, I found out through that experience that the Tena Ultras are actually really great at keeping the mess in. The leg elastic kept everything in, and I was pretty satisfied that the odor did not seep through enough that my partner could smell me. That is the most wonderful thing, in my opinion. I hope to the heavens above that this never happens when I am out of the house, but I can at least be comforted knowing that the diaper will do its job in keeping the mess contained and hopefully keep the odor contained, as well.

No diaper will contain smell, it depends on what you eat that has a factor on how much it smells, if you eat a lot of meat, it's gonna stink!

containing bowel incont.

I wear full adult briefs almost all the time for UI and BI. I usually mess them in the early morning and don't have trouble for the rest of the day. I find that if one wears two pairs of plastic pants (gary) one can sit in a messy diaper for a while with no smell. Also I use an odor destroying spray. I don't toilet at all anymore. I use maybe 5 briefs per day and try to fill them up at least 50 percent before changing. I usually write the time on the front when I put them on. THe best briefs like seni and tena can contain a whole mess. When one sits down in a messed brief, you should be careful.

ONe of the things I hate is the line at the airport. They always take me aside and have me pull down my pants. This happen to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back