Think my diapers got delivered to the wrong house!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So my diapers were supposed to be here today. I saw the truck drive past my house and a few minutes later I checked the tracking number and it said "delivered." But it's not at my house! I don't know what to do. I can't get around on my own because of my vision problems so I can't go looking around the neighborhood for it and I can't get help without being exposed. What am I gonna do! I'm gonna be the laughing stock of the neighborhood! This is no joke. I'm freaking out. I don't what to do!!!!!!!!

Step one, be calm. Panic never helps. Not saying you shouldn't be concerned, just don't panic.
Calm yet? No *deep breaths* :) It isn't the end of the world, and you'll be ok. Worst case scenario, someone finds out you ordered diapers. And there is no sure fire guarantee they will. Remember, the package has your name, or at the very least NOT the name of the person it was delivered to. And, they're not expecting a package. They will likely contact whoever delivered it to report the error.

Ok, now that you're calm ;) ;) ;)

YOU need to contact the delivery company. Explain they've made a mistake. They should come pick up the package from wherever it was taken by mistake and bring it to you tomorrow. Its going to be ok. Really, it is.

BabyCorry said:
Step one, be calm. Panic never helps. Not saying you shouldn't be concerned, just don't panic.
Calm yet? No *deep breaths* :) It isn't the end of the world, and you'll be ok. Worst case scenario, someone finds out you ordered diapers. And there is no sure fire guarantee they will. Remember, the package has your name, or at the very least NOT the name of the person it was delivered to. And, they're not expecting a package. They will likely contact whoever delivered it to report the error.

Ok, now that you're calm ;) ;) ;)

YOU need to contact the delivery company. Explain they've made a mistake. They should come pick up the package from wherever it was taken by mistake and bring it to you tomorrow. Its going to be ok. Really, it is.
I hope so. It's already bad enough that my family knows but I don't anyone else finding out or even for them to found out that my "stuff" got sent to the wrong house. It's such a private thing for me.

This must be awful for you, I can imagine how you're feeling. There's good advice above. Please call the delivery company and tell them your package has been marked delivered, but hasn't arrived. I wish you luck, but I'm sure all will be fine.

I have ordered stuff before and run into the very same issue. Chances are, one of your neighbors got your package. Unless the package says diapers on it, then there is very little chance of them finding out. I do not know your living situation, but most people are not going to gossip about another person's possible medical condition(assuming a non abdl diaper), due to the fact that they would possibly be percieved as insensitive.

I highly doubt that they(shipping company) would send someone to get the package to have it brought to you. A more realistic expectation is that they will issue some sort of refund to you, allowing you to repurchase the lost item.

Just realize that whoever finds will see who it is addressed to and most likely would not open it unless they were hopeless and drug addicted. Also, contact the company you bought from and let them know the delivery never made it to you. Legally they don't have to do anything but in all actuality they may send it again just to save you as loyal customer. My advice would be, stand up for yourself and never take the first no.

Fingers crossed this works out, just remember to be gentle with the company reps you speak too as they are more likely to help if you are polite rather than panicky and brusk. Do be firm if they refuse to help though.

Should the worst happen though definitely post here the company names so they can be avoided by the community.

That has to be terrible and can only imagine how that feels.
I just got a job that specializes in lost/misdelivered packages and if you don't feel like going out and getting them your best bet would be to call the shipping and try to get it resolved.

I read through your other thread, so I know you're going through quite a bit right now. Hopefully this will help ease some of your anxiety:

1. Most people won't open mail/packages that have been delivered to them by mistake. Of course, this depends on where you live, but it's unlikely that the person who received it is going to open it. They'll either "return to sender" it or bring it to you.

2. It's illegal to open someone else's mail, even if it's been delivered to your address by mistake. That's a big deterrent for a lot of people. Unless they open it by accident (without reading the label), which I don't expect would happen with packages, they'll probably just leave it as is. If they choose to open it, it's extremely unlikely that they'll confront you about what they found inside. Yeah, you may like to wear diapers, but they like to open other people's mail. As far as social reputation goes, one of those is a little more damning. At least with diapers you can tell people you have a condition.

3. If they do open it, they'll likely be embarrassed about it for several different reasons. First, "hey I accidentally opened your package" isn't the most pleasant ice-breaker. Second, most people don't want to know things that personal about their neighbors (unless they're close friends), especially if they're medical. Having the "eh... this was sent to my house by mistake..." conversation over an opened box of diapers would likely be just as awkward for them as it would be for you.

I hate telling people to relax, and that everything is going to be fine, because I know how little that can mean coming from a stranger on the internet, but... just relax. Where you're at now is just a culmination of several different stressors, coupled with the massive amount of unease that comes from having a huge secret exposed to the people close to you. I'm sure it feels like everything has been turned upside down, but you'll get through this. From what I read in your other thread, your parents seem to love and care about you a whole lot, and I'm sure they're going to continue to love and support you after this. You just have to navigate through this rough patch and let things settle.

Generic advice, I know. If I were in your shoes, I'm not sure how much that'd do to help ease my anxiety, but just know that we're here to offer up our help and support in any way we can.

By the way, what kind of diapers were they? I may have missed that somewhere in the thread

Edit: I may have been wrong about the whole "illegal to open someone else's mail" thing. It seems to be something of a grey area

Last edited:
scott476 said:
I do not know your living situation, but most people are not going to gossip about another person's possible medical condition(assuming a non abdl diaper), due to the fact that they would possibly be percieved as insensitive.

I highly doubt that they(shipping company) would send someone to get the package to have it brought to you. A more realistic expectation is that they will issue some sort of refund to you, allowing you to repurchase the lost item.

That's just it. They are ABU LittlePawz. A whole case of 80 plus 2 sample packs! Probably the most babyish looking diaper on the planet! Be kinda hard to pass that one off as "medical" i guess. I can't go looking for them myself because I'm legally blind and can't see well enough to drive around or even scope out the place walking. It looks like I have to get someone to help me- more than likely my mother or father.... Damn It! And they're gonna ask me what it is and if I don't tell them they'll be super suspicious. Might be better than one of them answering the door and it's a neighbor saying "yeah, I got your diapers by mistake." This just sucks. I'm already embarrassed enough about wanting them in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

WhiteRabbit said:
By the way, what kind of diapers were they? I may have missed that somewhere in the thread
They're ABU Little Pawz. Probably the most babyish looking diaper that I could get. I don't think passing that off as a medical thing is gonna fly.

gnd567 said:
They're ABU Little Pawz. Probably the most babyish looking diaper that I could get. I don't think passing that off as a medical thing is gonna fly.

Yeeaah, probably not. You could always use the "someone sent these to me as a prank" line. I don't know if it really works, but I used it a few times to dodge some uncomfortable questions. Chances are, your neighbor will have the decency to not pry into your personal life. Hopefully.

How well do you know your neighbors?

WhiteRabbit said:
How well do you know your neighbors?
We've lived here for 18+ years and most of the neighbors have lived here longer than that and we take care of our neighbor's house across the street when they are out of town so not "friends" with any of them really but know a few of them well enough that it would really be awkward. I'm quite well known in the neighborhood because well... I stick out because I'm legally blind, have long hair and play in a band which is not anything like what anyone else in the neighborhood does or looks like. So, I know quite a few fairly well anyway.

gnd567 said:
We've lived here for 18+ years and most of the neighbors have lived here longer than that and we take care of our neighbor's house across the street when they are out of town so not "friends" with any of them really but know a few of them well enough that it would really be awkward. I'm quite well known in the neighborhood because well... I stick out because I'm legally blind, have long hair and play in a band which is not anything like what anyone else in the neighborhood does or looks like. So, I know quite a few fairly well anyway.

In that case, I'd imagine whoever got it would just bring it to you and not open it. To be safe, though, I wouldn't go around asking about it. Wait for them to come to you. If it's unopened, just say "thanks" and chuckle about the mix-up. If they show up with your box, and they've opened it... deny deny deny
"It's addressed to me? I don't remember ordering anything."

And sell it. If you act embarrassed or uncomfortable, they'll know you ordered it. If you hadn't ordered it, you wouldn't know what's inside until you looked. Look confused or curious at first, don't get defensive, and don't treat it like it's a box of diapers until they've seen you look inside. A little "what the f***?" when you peek inside goes a long way.

Play out the scenario in your head: if you hadn't ordered anything, and weren't expecting a package, how would you react in that situation? I know I'd be a little confused, and a whole lot of curious as to what's inside. My first assumption would not be diapers. My first assumption would be something that is "normal" for me to own/purchase. Looking inside and finding diapers would come as a shock (even more so if I wasn't a DL).

I'd also be upset that they opened my mail, and being overly forgiving and polite/friendly (to get through the conversation as quickly as possible) may come across as suspicious. Maybe a delicate balance of confusion and irritation? But that depends on who they are and how they approach the situation. If they're being nice about it, and not drawing attention to the contents of the box, I'd just say "thanks" and choke down the embarrassment. If they're coming at you rudely or disrespectfully, react like you would if someone opened your mail and began accusing you of doing something perverse. Take yourself outside of the situation, and react like a non-ABDL would. I'm pretty sure most people would be more than a little upset to find out that someone opened their mail, and then had the audacity to confront them and accuse them of wearing diapers.

But, above all else, whenever possible (and effective)... deny deny deny
If that's not an option, remind yourself that you don't owe anyone an apology for indulging in a harmless interest, even if it is well outside of the norm.

You make your bed, you lay in it.

UPS uses GPS to record the exact location of delivery. Other carriers may do so as well. So, just start calling customer service. If you know the carrier, see if you can locate the local depot from where deliveries in your area originate. So they will know almost instantly when you report this if it is true. I think it is important to act on it as fast as possible. Good luck.

aleakyboomboom said:
You make your bed, you lay in it.

This is a support group, first and foremost. He's been PUT in a situation outside of his control, and asked us for advice and support. Your reply does neither. He didn't make a mistake, the delivery company did. Someone else made his bed, poorly. We're trying to offer suggestions as to how to get that fixed.

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet: from your neighbors point of view it went to the wrong house, so what's to say it doesn't also have the wrong name on it or the wrong address too? If it never shows up, you're safe assuming they just thought "weird mistake" and returned it to sender without even thinking you actually were behind it. And if you're still really that freaked out about admitting it's yours if they bring it to your door opened, you can pretend you have no idea what it is and recommend they just return to sender.

According to UPS.com, I have to wait 24hrs to make a claim. I have work tonight so it will have to be tomorrow I guess.

24hrs after their confirmed delivery...? What is it, a missing persons report? Giving it a chance to come home on its own? Maybe it just ran off with its boyfriend for a few days, out somewhere partying it up?

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I feel like you should be able to file a claim as soon as it's listed as delivered, and yet not at your front door. Giving it a day after that isn't going to somehow fix the part where they delivered it to the wrong house...

If a package of mine were listed as delivered but not at my door, I would immediately stroll up and down the street looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back