Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ingrown hair

Unhappy Ingrown hair

I was wondering if anyone has any advice or a suggestion. I have a few ingrown hairs in my diaper area (i think I also may of shaved one bump off accidentally) anyway it is giving me a pretty good continuous burn when it's in contact with pee. Is there anything I can do to help these heal? Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hmmm. I think, for some people, the direction of hair growth sort of predisposes them to this kind of issue. If that describes you--if you tend to have this problem a lot when you shave down there--the first thing that comes to mind is: Don't shave. Use clippers instead.

That might offend your desire for a more babyish groin area, though, in which case I'm hesitant to make another recommendation. I'm kind of a hairy guy who tends to get ingrown hairs in other places, but I haven't had much trouble with my nether regions, which I attribute, in part, to clippering as opposed to clean-shaving. YMMV, though!

Thank you for the advice. This is actually the first time this has happened in about 5 or 6 years, so I'm not too worried about it happening much.

I had this once and I found that frequently applying zinc oxide cream (to kill bacteria and keep the skin soft so it's easier for the hair to "break out" past the skin) worked.

If you can avoid wearing diapers for a bit, I'd do that too. Trying to keep the area as clean as possible should help it heal quickly. If you must wear diapers, a thick oily cream on the affected area (like Bepanthen) might be better.

Well, I second Cottontail's on using clippers. Sure, you won't have that baby smooth skin down there, but you can clip it down real short, like within a couple millimeters, and it's almost as babyish (at least to me).
    I got the Philips Norelco BeardTrimmer 7300, but there are other options that may be cheaper. I got it for $50, and it's been amazing so far. Of course, I only use it on the hairs just above the crotch, as the hairs on your member are probably best reserved for a razor. If you get ingrown hairs there, I would very carefully trim them with a pair of thin, hair cutting scissors as close as you can safely cut.

I use epilating myself. It is very smooth and I have never had any burning sensations. I do get occasional ingrown hairs, but no danger of damaging them with tweezers. They just look a little funny until I can get hold of the hair with the tweezers and pull it out again.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the advice. I will be sure to pick up some cream.

I've tried trimming a few times but accidentally pinched and almost cut into some very sensitive tissue so try to avoid scissors in that general area if I can.

Fascinating. Is epilating the rotating tweezers? Does that work well on the labia?

It works ok. You have to keep it stretched tight so the tweezers can just get hair and not skin. I use one hand to hold the skin and pull toward the opposite side and the other hand to glide the rotating tweezers in the opposite direction.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

If you have a pair of tweezers you can try grabbing the hair where it is closest to the surface of the skin, typically around the follicle, and pulling. Don't pull it out of the follicle mind you, just the rest of it out from under your skin. After that it should clear up in a day or two.

If you want to avoid a repeat when shaving it helps if you shave in the direction your hair is growing rather than against it. You won't get quite as close a shave, but also less risk of ingrown hairs.

My last ingrown hair was in the tip of my nose it was painful like a cold sore. They do go away if you endure them or dig them out.