Not what I expected (black fabines)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Seems funny now I think about it, I received my order of black fabines (medium sized) and was a bit taken back when I opened one to find the padding was white (along with the tapes.)

For some reason I just imagined they would be black all the way... I get that isn't practicle, would be expensive to dye all the padding and top sheet black and might actually make them harder to use but there you have it not what I expected.

On the plus side though like the panda fabines they are very nicely absorbent, comfortable and crinkly, definitely a premium ABDL nappy and worth trying.

Anyone else has the wrong idea about these or other diapers?

I seriously thought they were black all the way through, thanks for clearing that up

Fine for the padding inside to be black, you won't see it once it's on.

But the tapes really should have been black as well. That seems like a major misstep to make those white.

I wonder what they look like under black light? :) Does the padding turn purple, or does it glow through the shell as if you've just had a phosphorus bomb go off inside your diaper? Do the tapes glow? Does the black shell suddenly appear to be covered with "mystery spots"?

The world needs to know!

Cottontail said:
I wonder what they look like under black light? :) Does the padding turn purple, or does it glow through the shell as if you've just had a phosphorus bomb go off inside your diaper? Do the tapes glow? Does the black shell suddenly appear to be covered with "mystery spots"?

The world needs to know!

I don't have a black light ATM, might have to jump onto eBay and get myself one for trying this, still have most of the pack so got time to check this out.

Btw I don't mind how the white tabs look on the black plastic.

Peeps if you haven't tried Fabines you might be missing out on something great!

Argent said:
I don't have a black light ATM, might have to jump onto eBay and get myself one for trying this, still have most of the pack so got time to check this out.

Avoid the UV lights that use multiple little UV LEDs, they're junk. Unfortunately you're probably going to have to get one that uses a 14500 or 18650 battery because the decent UV lights require 3.7 volts. You want one with a single big cree UV LED (3 watt etc) in a dish at the end. I have one like this and it works really well. You can put a AA in it but it's much more vivid with a 14500: http://www.ebay.com/itm/381146286723

Ta mate, everyone probably should have these to guard against vampire attacks.

Btw are these Cree versions safe to use without protective eyewear?

Argent said:
Btw are these Cree versions safe to use without protective eyewear?

There's nothing anyone can do to make UV light safe for the eyes, light is light. If you filter it you just change the color or block it completely. These are LED lights and they release only an extremely narrow wavelength of light, so there's little to block besides what they're trying to emit.

The problem with UV is that your retina has trouble detecting it. So when exposed to dangerously bright UV, your eyes don't blink or make you squint to reduce intake. Very little UV reaches your retina because your cornea filters out most light in the UV wavelength. That converts light to heat, and the heat damages the cornea. (people that have had their corneas removed for medical reasons actually become able to see well into the UV region! mutant superpowers!)

This is basically "snow blindness". (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photokeratitis) They compare it to a "sunburn to your cornea". Unless it's really bad, it heals itself given time though which is a bit surprising. (the eyes are one of the most regenerative organs in the body)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back