Thread: Anton Yelchin is dead

Default Anton Yelchin is dead

I just heard that Anton Yelchin died this morning in a car accident. He was found pinned between his car and a brick mailbox with the engine running. He was 27 years old.

I've been very excited about the new Star Trek movie coming out on July 22nd. Yelchin has been playing Chekov in the rebooted version. I'm not familiar with much of his other work, but it will be a little strange and depressing watching the film and knowing he died so young.

RIP Anton. He always brought exuberance, talent and precision to the roles in which I saw him.

I don't know what this will do to the Trek franchise. I don't know if there'll be any more movies, with the unnatural death of one of the supporting leads. I imagine they won't recast Chekov; they might replace him with Aisha Hinds' Darwin, or with Ilia, or Saavik, or Bailey, or Kelso. Or possibly Arex. But probably not Arex.