Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tabs

Default Tabs

Often when trying to get a good fit with my nappy the tabs can pull clean off. Also after a while they can slip and it all comes loose. Are there any products that can keep my nappy nice and tight?

Duct Tape (ah-woo ooo! Tails of daring always fixed with Duck Tape!)

the adhesive on duct/duck tape softens with bodyheat. 'reinforced parcel tape' gives a stronger and longerlasting stick.
    Attachment 26461

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    pretty much nothing beats filament tape for strength and tear resistance

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181895419082
    not that one, ew!
    crossply is what you want (like what i posted ). the straight fibred stuff is a nightmare as it actively wants to split down it's length. i've got half a roll left, but it's not the first nor the second half, if you get my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    not that one, ew!
    crossply is what you want (like what i posted ). the straight fibred stuff is a nightmare as it actively wants to split down it's length. i've got half a roll left, but it's not the first nor the second half, if you get my drift.
    perhaps... but just try to tear a piece off... NOT happening, not without a blade of some sort.

As said above, tape is the obvious answer. A tight-fitting garment like a onesie, compression underwear, or skin-tight bodysuit like a Little Keeper Sleeper can also help. But I have to observe that if you are regularly popping tapes, then maybe you are trying to fit it too tightly. If it's not elasticated, then it's meant to be snug, not tight.

I too use duct tape at the first sign of a tab slipping and as soon as i apply it my worry's go away.

I have just recently started using abena l4 premiums, and had the tabs tear off overnight. I found that 1 inch wide gorilla tape is the perfect size to reinforce the tabs. i use about a 6 inch piece on all 4 tabs, and so far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    the adhesive on duct/duck tape softens with bodyheat. 'reinforced parcel tape' gives a stronger and longerlasting stick.
    Attachment 26461
    Ohhh... The "duct" tape I buy has those criss-crossing threads in... At least... I thought it was duct tape. I've chucked away the packaging now, so I can't check. But the stuff I have looks like it is made of one layer of the stuff in the photo bonded to a coloured plastic layer.