Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-use a wet nappy?

Southstuart

Default Re-use a wet nappy?

Is it a good idea to put back on a wet nappy from earlier, i took it of because i had people round but think it still has another wetting in it. Has anyone tried this?

If you took it off, then the SAP have been activated to the exposed environment and will no longer be able to absorb anymore. You could put it back on, but it will not be able to absorb any additional liquids.

I didn't know that could happen since air can get in nappies whilst you wear them. I have put a used nappy back on in the past and it held another wetting.

Southstuart

I've put it back on now, it felt a little cold and funny between my legs. I might see in the morning if you're right scott! That's an interesting idea.

Several times. There is no impact on the absorption, but there may be an impact on the fit, especially the leak guards. There have been a few occasions when I have removed a slightly wet Space or Little Pawz in order to go #2, and I have not had any problems when putting it back on.

Southstuart

This is a libero night comfort, like a youth pull up so i think it held its shape ok. Hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    Several times. There is no impact on the absorption, but there may be an impact on the fit, especially the leak guards. There have been a few occasions when I have removed a slightly wet Space or Little Pawz in order to go #2, and I have not had any problems when putting it back on.
    I don't think so. I've done this a few times and never had a problem of it not absorbing anymore.

What's you really need to worry about is microbes and fungi growing on the nappy, and then applying that to your crotch.

Practice good hygiene, otherwise you'll get a rash.

I've put a wet diaper back on a few times. Though, I'm talking an hour or two between. Its cold when I put it back on, which is not nice. But if you wait too long then it begins to be more filed with bacteria, which then it become too ucky. Time to put a clean diaper on.

I've put slightly wet diapers on from the day before just to do my morning business in them before I shower. I like to get maximum usage out of them before they hit the dumpster. As a previous post mentioned you don't want to stay in it very long.