Major tooth pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrawberryRaven

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hi guys, I'm currently in a lot of pain because of my wisdom tooth and I just wanted to post this to see if anyone could send me some good vibes/thoughts/prayers. I know it may sound like a silly request but it feels good to know that people care. Even good people you've never met!

I'm planning to go to a dentist soon because its only getting worse but atm I've got some pain meds in me and I'm feeling a bit better. Just please if you would send me a good thought or prayer or just something.

Thank you <3 I will always appreciate any good vibe coming my way

Hi

I can remember when I had mine out.

The weird part was the pain was in my front teeth, because the wisdom teeth were growing sideways and pushing everything forward.

Hang in there.

Big hug

Egor

Reactions: StrawberryRaven
Yep, I agree with Marka. The sooner the better. I currently still have my wisdom teeth and I am 29 because my mom didn't believe the dentists actually help. Can't afford to really get my teeth taken care of, but let me just say ... my wisdom teeth have caused a lot of problems.

I have lived with the pain on and off for many many years. My teeth are pretty much destroyed at this point.

Tooth pain is usually caused by infection in the nerve or root of the tooth. From my research ( I have 2 broken teeth) I have come to find that a solution of garlic and water swished with daily till the pain stops is my best bet. You can find the recipe online. But i can tell you it has helped me immensely. And garlic is a natural anti biotic.
Plus it helps keep all those pesky vampires away.

babypuma , wisdom teeth cause their own kind of pain due to pressure not decay or infection to those like StrawberryRaven & myself where they grow in wrong pushing against the other teeth. I had all 4 of mine out too late at age 24 and suffered needlessly for too long as I was afraid of having it done. My oral surgeon put me out with Sodium Pentothal and I awoke groggy but pain free. The following week there was some tenderness but no real pain. I wish I had had the wisdom teeth out at 18 like my dentist recommended as I felt so much better afterwards. Funny thing, like 30 years later I had some teething type pain back there and a chip of wisdom tooth came out though my guns back there. The oral surgeon did say he had to break up the wisdom teeth to get them out, he must have missed a bit.
StrawberryRaven, my thoughts are with you and I wish you well in this, don't stress about it, get it done, you will feel better quickly.

ouch I have bad toothaches sometimes and the are horrible I hope you feel better!!!! :sweatdrop:

Ugh wisdom tooth related pain. I don't think anyone on the face of the planet has ever said 'Ill take me some of that!'

I had two of mine removed a couple of years back only because one collapsed as it emerged from my lower gums and in the end became a constant infection. My top ones never did emerge and every checkup they do xrays to make sure they aren't negatively affecting anything else. I cant speak for someone who has to have their gums cut to have the teeth removed but when I had my extractions done there was some pressure then nothing. I was honestly surprised. It all depends on the dentist and how they deal with it all. If they are rough, you'll want to punch them.

I went to the dentist today! He was super nice (which I haven't met a nice dentist since I was 6-7 so it a new experience), understanding, and careful with me! He gave me pain meds and antibiotics to kick out the infection (and swolleness). He's going to try to either pull or cut it out Tuesday after the infection is down/gone and then he said I should feel a thousand times better.

Thank you to everyone that has given me good vibes/thoughts/prayers/advice/etc. I appreciate all of it! I'm not out of the woods yet but I have the tools to get better now! I don't know if I would have had the strength to go to the dentist without all of this encouragement tbh. I've been terrified of them for over a decade now but a good family friend guided me towards a good one and I'm so grateful!

Thank you, thank you all so much! <3

StrawberryRaven said:
I went to the dentist today! He was super nice (which I haven't met a nice dentist since I was 6-7 so it a new experience), understanding, and careful with me! He gave me pain meds and antibiotics to kick out the infection (and swolleness). He's going to try to either pull or cut it out Tuesday after the infection is down/gone and then he said I should feel a thousand times better.

Thank you to everyone that has given me good vibes/thoughts/prayers/advice/etc. I appreciate all of it! I'm not out of the woods yet but I have the tools to get better now! I don't know if I would have had the strength to go to the dentist without all of this encouragement tbh. I've been terrified of them for over a decade now but a good family friend guided me towards a good one and I'm so grateful!

Thank you, thank you all so much! <3

Glad to hear that help is on the way.

If your dentist does not mention it, my dentist told me after the surgery to remove mine to "suck" on black tea bags to help relieve the pain. By suck I mean to hold it in place the best you can and let the saliva and wetness in your mouth make the tea extract. I could only do it for about ten minutes before I started to gag, but it did help if I did it every so often.

Egor

Even if the pain goes away, be sure you have it removed because things will only get worse. Good things can come from having your wisdom teeth removed. When I moved to start my first job right after college, there was a girl my age in our church membership who was having her wisdom teeth pulled. I was the accompanist to a large, 3200 membership Methodist church, so the music director, my boss, suggested that I take a can of Campbell's chicken soup to her, which I thought a little weird at the time, but I did it anyway.

I felt weird knocking on the door of her apartment but she let me in and I cooked her the soup. Her mouth was swollen and she was feeling down. She was so surprised that I just showed up to do this. Now, 43 years later she's lying next to me in bed. Yes, we fell in love and got married, so who knows what may happen. Good things may be coming your way!

Reactions: StrawberryRaven
dogboy said:
Even if the pain goes away, be sure you have it removed because things will only get worse. Good things can come from having your wisdom teeth removed. When I moved to start my first job right after college, there was a girl my age in our church membership who was having her wisdom teeth pulled. I was the accompanist to a large, 3200 membership Methodist church, so the music director, my boss, suggested that I take a can of Campbell's chicken soup to her, which I thought a little weird at the time, but I did it anyway.

I felt weird knocking on the door of her apartment but she let me in and I cooked her the soup. Her mouth was swollen and she was feeling down. She was so surprised that I just showed up to do this. Now, 43 years later she's lying next to me in bed. Yes, we fell in love and got married, so who knows what may happen. Good things may be coming your way!

Aww .. that's too cute XD

brabbit1987 said:
Aww .. that's too cute XD

Haha...yeah, I a cheap Romantic. I wonder how much the one can of soup cast back in the early '70s? I guess romance is all about timing.

egor said:
Glad to hear that help is on the way.

If your dentist does not mention it, my dentist told me after the surgery to remove mine to "suck" on black tea bags to help relieve the pain. By suck I mean to hold it in place the best you can and let the saliva and wetness in your mouth make the tea extract. I could only do it for about ten minutes before I started to gag, but it did help if I did it every so often.

Egor

The tea actually has tannic acid in it, which facilitates blood clotting to stop bleeding.

It can take a couple days to a week after getting wisdom teeth removed before you feel back to normal. You'll want to eat soft foods and avoid sucking on things, like drinking through a straw. Of course, your dentist should give you all the specifics!

I got the wisdom tooth out yesterday! It took him 5 minutes to get me completely numb and then maybe 5 more to get the tooth out. It didn't hurt but it kinda felt like he was chiseling it out XD I have a small mouth and he has big hands..so it was awkward but I'm glad its over with. I already feel better for having it done :) I got another appointment next week so they can fix some other teeth that may cause me problems later down the road.

I really don't think I would have had the courage to go through with this if it wasn't for all of yours and my boyfriend's support! Thank you all so much!!!

I may always be afraid of the dentist, but I'm not afraid of this dentist....blessed be. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back