Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major tooth pain

Default Major tooth pain

Hi guys, I'm currently in a lot of pain because of my wisdom tooth and I just wanted to post this to see if anyone could send me some good vibes/thoughts/prayers. I know it may sound like a silly request but it feels good to know that people care. Even good people you've never met!

I'm planning to go to a dentist soon because its only getting worse but atm I've got some pain meds in me and I'm feeling a bit better. Just please if you would send me a good thought or prayer or just something.

Thank you <3 I will always appreciate any good vibe coming my way

Hi

I can remember when I had mine out.

The weird part was the pain was in my front teeth, because the wisdom teeth were growing sideways and pushing everything forward.

Hang in there.

Big hug

Egor

Default -Good Thoughts- -Good Vibes-

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryRaven View Post
    Hi guys, I'm currently in a lot of pain because of my wisdom tooth and I just wanted to post this to see if anyone could send me some good vibes/thoughts/prayers. I know it may sound like a silly request but it feels good to know that people care. Even good people you've never met!

I'm planning to go to a dentist soon because its only getting worse but atm I've got some pain meds in me and I'm feeling a bit better. Just please if you would send me a good thought or prayer or just something.

Thank you <3 I will always appreciate any good vibe coming my way
    You definitely don't want to wait too long to get that taken care of...

StrawberryRaven,

I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth, some years back...

The uppers, were at about a 30-degree angle yet, the lowers were completely side-ways and fractured 2-molars on the lower and, 1-molar on the top (all told, 7-teeth had to come out in that visit - 4 that I wasn't using but still)...

I really didn't realize the other troubles those bastard teeth were causing until, they were out...

-Good Thoughts-
    I anticipate that the sooner you get this taken care of - the sooner you'll feel much better for it!
    -Good Vibes-
    To your better health!

-Marka

MarchinBunny

Yep, I agree with Marka. The sooner the better. I currently still have my wisdom teeth and I am 29 because my mom didn't believe the dentists actually help. Can't afford to really get my teeth taken care of, but let me just say ... my wisdom teeth have caused a lot of problems.

I have lived with the pain on and off for many many years. My teeth are pretty much destroyed at this point.

Tooth pain is usually caused by infection in the nerve or root of the tooth. From my research ( I have 2 broken teeth) I have come to find that a solution of garlic and water swished with daily till the pain stops is my best bet. You can find the recipe online. But i can tell you it has helped me immensely. And garlic is a natural anti biotic.
    Plus it helps keep all those pesky vampires away.

babypuma , wisdom teeth cause their own kind of pain due to pressure not decay or infection to those like StrawberryRaven & myself where they grow in wrong pushing against the other teeth. I had all 4 of mine out too late at age 24 and suffered needlessly for too long as I was afraid of having it done. My oral surgeon put me out with Sodium Pentothal and I awoke groggy but pain free. The following week there was some tenderness but no real pain. I wish I had had the wisdom teeth out at 18 like my dentist recommended as I felt so much better afterwards. Funny thing, like 30 years later I had some teething type pain back there and a chip of wisdom tooth came out though my guns back there. The oral surgeon did say he had to break up the wisdom teeth to get them out, he must have missed a bit.
    StrawberryRaven, my thoughts are with you and I wish you well in this, don't stress about it, get it done, you will feel better quickly.

ouch I have bad toothaches sometimes and the are horrible I hope you feel better!!!!

Ugh wisdom tooth related pain. I don't think anyone on the face of the planet has ever said 'Ill take me some of that!'

I had two of mine removed a couple of years back only because one collapsed as it emerged from my lower gums and in the end became a constant infection. My top ones never did emerge and every checkup they do xrays to make sure they aren't negatively affecting anything else. I cant speak for someone who has to have their gums cut to have the teeth removed but when I had my extractions done there was some pressure then nothing. I was honestly surprised. It all depends on the dentist and how they deal with it all. If they are rough, you'll want to punch them.

I went to the dentist today! He was super nice (which I haven't met a nice dentist since I was 6-7 so it a new experience), understanding, and careful with me! He gave me pain meds and antibiotics to kick out the infection (and swolleness). He's going to try to either pull or cut it out Tuesday after the infection is down/gone and then he said I should feel a thousand times better.

Thank you to everyone that has given me good vibes/thoughts/prayers/advice/etc. I appreciate all of it! I'm not out of the woods yet but I have the tools to get better now! I don't know if I would have had the strength to go to the dentist without all of this encouragement tbh. I've been terrified of them for over a decade now but a good family friend guided me towards a good one and I'm so grateful!

Thank you, thank you all so much! <3

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryRaven View Post
    I went to the dentist today! He was super nice (which I haven't met a nice dentist since I was 6-7 so it a new experience), understanding, and careful with me! He gave me pain meds and antibiotics to kick out the infection (and swolleness). He's going to try to either pull or cut it out Tuesday after the infection is down/gone and then he said I should feel a thousand times better.

Thank you to everyone that has given me good vibes/thoughts/prayers/advice/etc. I appreciate all of it! I'm not out of the woods yet but I have the tools to get better now! I don't know if I would have had the strength to go to the dentist without all of this encouragement tbh. I've been terrified of them for over a decade now but a good family friend guided me towards a good one and I'm so grateful!

Thank you, thank you all so much! <3
    Very good to hear of your progress and coming reprieve from this, StrawberryRaven! -Marka