Trying to adjust to the fact that my family knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try showing a video or a website page that explains being a little or a DL clearly and add your experience on top of it. They need to hear it from someone else.

Could you just hint at it discreetly, like, "Ah, it's just some things I needed. Nothing important. I'm sure you could guess."

I sometimes wish I could tell my parents. Well, really jus y mom because she had always been the easier one to talk to about everything. I don't live at home anymore since I have been married for 12 years, but I would like to have the conversation with my mom to see if she can offer any insight to why I might like diapers. Did I struggle with potty training? Did I ever try to wear them after being trained? Was I ever a bed wetter? I don't know the answer to any of these so many they could help me understand. Or maybe not. But I have always felt that my mom would be somewhat understanding of my diaper wearing. The only thing that ever kept me from telling her is that I know she would mention it to my dad because she is the worst when it comes to secrets. My dad would have definitely beat me.

I'm preparing myself as best I can for this because I know these feelings won't go away.

gnd567 said:
I've been wearing almost 24/7 for the past 3 and 1/2 weeks (for #1 only) and my life has improved vastly because of it. I've lost weight, gotten off of all my anxiety meds, cut way back on my drinking and work has been going great lately. I want to keep this up but I have to order a new case of diapers soon and I am not looking forward to the devilry because I just know somebody's going to say something.

I'm starting to get panicked again because I want my diapers but I don't want any trouble.

So the diapers help reduce some symptoms of a certain disorder? It seems to me like you could be eligible for a flexible spending account, for medical products (diapers). Anything that reduces the symptoms of any disorder, is eligible to be purchased with pre-tax income. Talk with your doctor about a possible prescription. Your family has absolutely NOTHING to say, if a product is actually meeting a medical need. Your post tends to make it abundantly clear to me, that this is needed to help improve your functioning.

Honeywell6180 said:
So the diapers help reduce some symptoms of a certain disorder? It seems to me like you could be eligible for a flexible spending account, for medical products (diapers). Anything that reduces the symptoms of any disorder, is eligible to be purchased with pre-tax income. Talk with your doctor about a possible prescription. Your family has absolutely NOTHING to say, if a product is actually meeting a medical need. Your post tends to make it abundantly clear to me, that this is needed to help improve your functioning.

Really? I never thought of that. Wouldn't they have to be "medical" diapers then and not AB diapers?

They should be here tomorrow. My heart is pounding right now. Have work tonight and won't be in until 4-5am. I just hope I'm awake in time

Hang in there gnd567! You are 25, a legal adult and able to make decisions for yourself. I like the line "Just something I need; no big deal". Any updates on this post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back