Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did I do the right thing?

Default Did I do the right thing?

Well my good friend of years I considered him my brother. He stole my ps4!!!!!! So my family liked him brothers and sister liked him to. And I trusted him like a brother. Now I ask am I wrong because I Facebook messaged him and told him that he has 7 days to give it back or I'm pressing charges. Was I wrong to say that? What if he threats me? I have proof the he took my ps4 he told my mom on Facebook. I'm scared

In life you have to ask. What is worth your time? Friendship or material items? I know a ps4 is an expensive item. But is it really needed? Yes he should return your property. But in the end you cannot take a ps4 with you on your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by babypuma View Post
    In life you have to ask. What is worth your time? Friendship or material items? I know a ps4 is an expensive item. But is it really needed? Yes he should return your property. But in the end you cannot take a ps4 with you on your journey.
    I understand what you are saying! And I honestly don't wanna press charges. I just want my ps4 back our friendship is over.

Pressing charges on something like that is hard. First you have to have the item in his possession. Then you would have to take it to small claims court. The police usually dont have time for "petty" items as they call it. I do hope you get your stuff back.

Quote Originally Posted by babypuma View Post
    Pressing charges on something like that is hard. First you have to have the item in his possession. Then you would have to take it to small claims court. The police usually dont have time for "petty" items as they call it. I do hope you get your stuff back.
    Well I know he has it in his possession he told my mom that. And yeah I get what your saying about the it being petty that's why I don't wanna get the cops in on this unless I have to. I just want my ps4 back without any problems we live and learn and I just learned!

My best hope is for you to come out on top in this situation though. Let me know if he returns it.

Well that depends on the circumstances. You say he stole your PS4, by that do you mean he took it without any form of permission? Or did he simply borrow it and not return it in a timely manner? If it's the latter, then pressing charges would be going to far (unless you've repeatedly asked him to return it). If it is the former, then pressing charges is the right choice. After all, he betrayed your trust.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungYoshi View Post
    Well that depends on the circumstances. You say he stole your PS4, by that do you mean he took it without any form of permission? Or did he simply borrow it and not return it in a timely manner? If it's the latter, then pressing charges would be going to far (unless you've repeatedly asked him to return it). If it is the former, then pressing charges is the right choice. After all, he betrayed your trust.
    He took it without my permission! I do apologize for not giving all the details I'm still upset about this. I asked him to give it back today he stole it June 3 and I did not notice til last Friday which was the 12th that it was gone. Reason why it took my 5 days to notice I was asleep in my other room for days. And I had no reason to not trust him I knew him for years. This really hurt me now I feel like I have been used for years and people seem to take advantage of me I'm such a nice guy. I always try to look for good in people even with there criminal past guess I went wrong being nice. I just wanna cry I know that makes me sound like a punk

Good grief! If someone stole a PS4 from me, I would lose all trust for them! Our friendship would be over. I wouldn't hesitate to contact the police and report the crime.

How can you ever trust someone who steals your things? I wouldn't want to be friends. Game over.

Of course, it would be a different matter if you really were "like brothers" and had a habit of sharing each other's things without prearranged permission. So it does depend on the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Good grief! If someone stole a PS4 from me, I would lose all trust for them! Our friendship would be over. I wouldn't hesitate to contact the police and report the crime.

How can you ever trust someone who steals your things? I wouldn't want to be friends. Game over.

Of course, it would be a different matter if you really were "like brothers" and had a habit of sharing each other's things without prearranged permission. So it does depend on the circumstances.
    When I referred to him as my brother that is the type of friendship we had. I knew him for years I knew his dad and he knew my family as well. He did not ask to borrow this and he has never asked me to borrow anything. I thought he was my good friend and I could trust him I thought wrong. And I told him on the phone today when I called him that he lost me as a friend. I told him I hope this was worth our friendship that I doubt I can forgive him! I want nothing to do to do with him now