Thread: Barely holding it together.

Unhappy Barely holding it together.

Howdy everyone,

I'm not around these parts that much anymore, but I'm sure some the older folks will remember me, if not that's fine.

Most the time I keep things to myself, except for the times I have come here to vent. I always feel a bit odd about doing it though, and often I feel that if I do it too much people will get tired of it. Of course when you don't have anyone else to talk to, it does help to get things off your chest. So, in that regard, I'm glad places like this exist.

June, by far, has been one of the worst months of my life. I have broken up with my wife of 13 years. She left me in such financial ruin I had to file for bankruptcy. Then afterwards, she decided to move out of the house taking most of my property in the process. I have never seen this woman act in a hostile or vindictive manner in the entire time I was with her. It was almost as if a light switch was turned on. Honestly, though even though she left me with no food, no plates, silverware, etc. or even a way to mow the lawn (yes, she even took the lawn mowers) I really don't care as they are just things that can be replaced. What bothers me is that she would act like that in the first place. She even told me she wants to take the dog, which is really the only thing holding me together right now.

I now know why people want to stay single. This whole affair is way more than anyone should have to deal with. I know I am to blame for some of this, after all, it takes 2 to make a relationship work, and it takes 2 to make them fail, but I honestly don't know what I did that was so bad that it warranted this.

At any rate: thanks for letting me vent ADISC!
    Last edited by MeDisneyBaby; 14-Jun-2016 at 02:12.

Sorry to hear of this offers hugs.

Wow. Not good times for sure. Did you see things leading up to this? You describe it as happening out of the blue, which is crazy.

I'm sorry this has happened. Now is probably the time to see a lawyer. Property will have to be split and you may get some of it back. Maybe Archieroni will way in and give you some advise. There are cheaper avenues that a lawyer, like an arbitrator, but I really have no knowledge on the subject.

I have seen a few of my friend and family go though what you are going though, and yes the best thing you can do is get a lawyer. he are she will help you set a path that will make a break up go much essayer.

one thing I will suggest will be to try and keep your cool. most people let there emotion take control what they do and say, and that will get you into more trouble then what you want to deal with, you may say something you will regret are make thing worse especially if there kids involved.

a friend of mine is having big troubles with his x, she has gone as far as forging his signature and sell his car on him. he has kids so there even more problem with that to.

hop thing work out for you

My advice is also to get a lawyer. Many of them in divorce cases don't charge for an initial evaluation. I'm sorry to hear that it's combined with bankruptcy as well, as that makes the whole thing more complicated.

She can't just take all your stuff though, that's for sure. I think what you want now is to do as much as possible to get your life in order. If you have family or friends nearby, ask them for help! Call them, ask if they can help cook or spend some time with you because the most important thing now is to get some support and start sorting out the situation.

As far as finding a lawyer, you're a veteran according to your profile. If you've got a contact at the local VA, they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Sorry to hear.

I actually hate the whole process of divorce, my mom has been through it twice. Who gets what and all that. It's even worse when you have to deal with someone who seems to just want to take everything as if they are entitled to it, and even worse is when they didn't pay for a cent of it >.>

I want to thank everyone for their support and kind words. I am a bit better in spirits today as I met a fellow AB who doesn't live that far from me and it was nice being able to hang out with him..
    It was the first time I've been able to get out in a few days. I know one thing though, sitting in this empty house all the time is definitely not good for me.