Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you put bed protection down?

Default How do you put bed protection down?

I never had bed protection in my life, what does it look like, how do you put it on, over your undersheet, under it? A little confused

Assuming by undersheet, you mean the sheet between you and the mattress, then protective covers go under the sheet, not on top of. Their purpose is to protect the mattress, not the sheets. As for what they look like, it depends on the type. It could just be a large square of rubberised or PVC material. It could be a fitted sheet made of PVC. It could be a PVC-backed square of absorbent material, either washable or disposable. There's plenty of choice.

Due to my incontinence issues I've had to use bed pads for quite a few years and I would highly recommend getting a large (3ft x 4 ft) washable pad. I've tried the smaller disposable ones and although they "work" they are on the small side and tend to move around and bunch up. They also greatly restrict the area that you can sleep in and if you move around a lot while sleeping they may not provide any bed protection as either they or you have moved. The big disposables cost quite a bit more but they stay put and provide a large area of protection. In my opinion they are worth every penny. I would also recommend getting two so you can wash one and always have one available for use.

Thanks, I got drynites bed mats that clearly states that it goes under the undersheet and it's a decent size and has a sticky tape thing that sticks it to the bed, pretty impressed with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    Thanks, I got drynites bed mats that clearly states that it goes under the undersheet and it's a decent size and has a sticky tape thing that sticks it to the bed, pretty impressed with it so far.
    They sound better than the Drynites bed mats I tried a few years ago which had tucks on but weren't long enough for a single bed and just moved around

We use a waterproof mattress cover on the mattress and then a bedwetting pad on top of that under the sheet in case my diapers and plastic pants leak. I also have another bedwetting pad to put on top when it does in the middle of the night.

I forgot to add in my post above that you can also take the large bed pads with you when you travel. Not so easy to do that with a full sized mattress cover.

My pads came in a pack of 7 for 5 something, not bad...

Southstuart

The problem with that though is that you still have a wet sheet, i think its still better to wear a nappy to bed.

I wear nappies to bed its in case it leaks