Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I'm pissed because I was uploading my new video to my YouTube channel "angelic 1998" about what being a little means to me and it took ages, about 3 and a half hours to be exact, only at the last minute, it decided not to upload because I made the video too long.

Well the video is still going up but I am editing it tomorrow to make it shorter and take out my rambling bits, because I can go on a tangent for a bit sometimes.

Sorry no video today, but keep your eyes peeled out for my new video hopefully tomorrow afternoon.

Angelic said:
I'm pissed because I was uploading my new video to my YouTube channel "angelic 1998" about what being a little means to me and it took ages, about 3 and a half hours to be exact, only at the last minute, it decided not to upload because I made the video too long.

Well the video is still going up but I am editing it tomorrow to make it shorter and take out my rambling bits, because I can go on a tangent for a bit sometimes.

Sorry no video today, but keep your eyes peeled out for my new video hopefully tomorrow afternoon.

As an Autistic Adult Baby, and a long-time producer of videos, not just for YouTube, but a local Public-Access CATV Channel, keep your videos short and to the point.

Caitianx beat me to the post. I know many people (myself included) are much more inclined to watch a short video than a longer one. Try to keep each video on a specific topic that can be explained or demonstrated in a few minutes or so. Going on tangents is best left to another video or two.

This in no way should be interpreted to mean I think you should stop -- please continue to produce these videos. I am sure as you consider sincere feedback, your videos will only get better.

Applying for the YouTube partner program and verifying your channel does enable videos to be longer than 15 minutes if you need them to be that length.

But moving on what Denise said, if you're rambling on or going event slightly off topic, then you need to cut down the video or stick to the script. People want to be entertained while they learn, otherwise they'll get bored halfway through.
It's why the teacher that constantly tells jokes hosts a class of an abnormally high grade point average.

I haven't thought about it but I agree with Caitianx and Babydenise said. It makes sense, a lot of these video blogs on youtube just bore me before they reach the end.

I also want to add that, you did something really good with your first video, which was having notes and a script, at least it seemed to me that you did. It makes for your videos to be interesting, concise and to the point. You also took your time and didn't rush it.

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00ED através de Tapatalk

I will put a shorter version of the video down with just what it says in the title

Where can we see your vids?

This evening I am starting to upload footage from my flip-phone of the "Disability Friendship Social" I attended in Dorchester, MA today. I am splitting the footage into several parts to not be too long.

I would like to point out, shorter isn't always better. It depends on what you are talking about, and who your audience is meant to be. Also, worrying about length isn't really all that important unless you want to become a big youtuber or something. Those who are interested will watch it, and those who are not ... will not.

I get warned everything I upload something. You get two before your axed, and it takes months to go away. I don't upload to youtube. Anymore unless it's a screen cap / instructional video produced by me. They don't have any way to test your video for "copywrited" content beforehand, Like I have time to look at 1000000000 copywrites to check f its in my video. so unfair, tell me before hand and i'll remove copyrighted stuff. I don't even know half the time why it tells me that, you can go any claim anything you want on youtube and they will send claims to people based on it. A wholly rigged system. (unless your "partnered" then you don't get your account in trouble as easily)
Besides my rant, you can get the ability to upload longer videos by going through their process of verifying or something. Don't do partner programs, those take all your profits if you ever decided to monetize, otherwise if not your in some sort of contract to produce something or do something, go somewhere etc, contracts in their favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back