I got bored at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleManAlex

Lurker
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I was bored at work today, so I decided to run a little experiment to see if customers actually listened to what was being said. I began by changing the location of the store to other towns and cities with the same the brand, I then moved to shithole towns that don't even have a convenience store let alone a store from our brand. I then moved on to other fast food restaurants then to completely other business, then to business's from movies and TV shows and finally I just started making up business's, Cinderella's Cleaning Service, Repunzel's Hair Studio, Old McDonalds Farm, Hairy McCleary's Diary, Bo Peeps Petting Zoo, and stuff like that... it was entertaining... sadly out of around 200 customers served tonight.... I think there was about 7 people who noticed.

What kind of place do you work in? I'm judging that by what you said about "...customers served tonight" you work in a restaurant. My experience, people dining out on a Friday night generally don't care about many things, other than food and their family or friends. Sounds like a great social experiment however, unlike other so-called "social experiments" I've seen, i.e. anything on youtube.

"Fast food" restaurant

Did it again last night being even less subtle such as old McDonald had a farm eieio didn't 95% didn't notice again lo

LittleManAlex said:
"Fast food" restaurant

Did it again last night being even less subtle such as old McDonald had a farm eieio didn't 95% didn't notice again lo

My guess is they did notice, but they just didn't care to comment. By the way, aren't you worried someone will come in and complain?

What brabbi1987 said. I've had fast food workers and such do weird things like that, and (especially if it's not obvious they are trying to make a funny) I just generally keep right on trucking like nothing happened. There's a broad spectrum of people who work fast food, and generally I'm just looking to get out of there with my food so I can get back to work/whatever, not make some kind of scene with someone who may be joking or may legitimately be a little slow on the uptake.

BoundCoder said:
What brabbi1987 said. I've had fast food workers and such do weird things like that, and (especially if it's not obvious they are trying to make a funny) I just generally keep right on trucking like nothing happened. There's a broad spectrum of people who work fast food, and generally I'm just looking to get out of there with my food so I can get back to work/whatever, not make some kind of scene with someone who may be joking or may legitimately be a little slow on the uptake.

Wholly agree, also I see you're close to your 1,000th post congrats! I myself hit 500 a few days back. :3

Don't spoil my illusions guys lol, truthfully though I suspect a lot of people heard it and were wondering if they heard right so said nothing, but it amuses me for now lol

LittleManAlex said:
Don't spoil my illusions guys lol, truthfully though I suspect a lot of people heard it and were wondering if they heard right so said nothing, but it amuses me for now lol

:p But that is what I do. I am the person that sucks the fun right out of everything X3.

In all honesty, I used to do the same sort of thing a lot too. Ever since I saw reno 911, it became fun to say meow instead of now when talking to people. "Hello welcome to subway. Meow how could I help you today?"

Also, some cooks at a place I used to work did something worse. We had this microphone to call on people to pick up their orders. The old women used to come in who was senile or something. So the cook would sometimes come out when ready to call her order and say "Dot ... this is God" .. she would look up and be wondering what was going on. So mean XD.

going by the title of this thread, i thought it was going to be a much more interesting story :giggles:

anyway, when i first read the OP on my phone, i was so wracked with pain (one thing after another, over several days) that not only had the pain become a bore, but that boredom had also become boring. i did compose a lengthier and funnier response in my head, but i was too bored (or was it pained?) to even switch on this computer.

Last edited:
Haha, that's awesome. I love social experiments like that. I'd be way too afraid to mess things up but I enjoy it when others do it and succeed at it. I'm okay with poking fun out of friends or fellow students that way though.

What you meow to customers is meow own meow. But you have to meow that you may meow some of them a little meow...

(With apologies to Super Troopers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back