How many of you are famous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinda

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Or at least relatively prominent in your community?

I am certainly not famous by any means what so ever lol. XD

That's okay. You're famous in my book.

Pretty sure Emma Watson is on these boards.

Ok that was a fabrication but seriously I think it would be aweful to be famous.

Argent said:
... I think it would be aweful to be famous.

oh, it is, Elvis (don't worry, your secret's safe with me ;))
i've spent a good part of my life being sort of well-known (through family links and my character) and/or identifiable (i'm fairly distinctive) within my own places of activity and it can be a pain.

The only things I am "known" for is for being an Official Roblox Model Maker on the game Roblox, having the only perfect attendance award of my entire graduating class, and for my old park district soccer team's five year winning streak with no loses.

That soccer bit ended at five years because my leg was dislocated in one of our final games. We were short on players, and if I had to sit out, we would've have to forfeit. The team ended up having to hold me down and pop the leg back into place. We won the season, but my leg was messed up and was sticking out an extra inch; so my entire team and I retired that year. We wore the same color for all five years, same team members as well.

Oh, you know, I wouldn't call this famous ... but popular. Back in my days at Job Corps I was very popular among just about everyone. I was top in my class in Telecommunications and was the lead of many projects on campus. I did tons of community service on and off campus, and even became an ambassador for the school. I pretty much took the role of being the exemplary student. I did so well after graduating my trade and getting certified in fiber optics the school gave me a scholarship to go to the local community college.

This was the only time I became popular in any school lol. Typically I was the unpopular one when I was younger. So Job Corps was like being on cloud nine for me. People also knew I was transgender, which it was the first time I ever became so public about it.

I suppose the only down side to the experience was the fact I lived on campus and often wet the bed XD ... so at times it became pretty embarrassing.

kinda said:
That's okay. You're famous in my book.

Maybe one day I will actually be a famous game developer.

None of you would have likely heard of me, but in my own professional niche I'm quite well known. I'm frequently invited to speak at conferences, and I have a relatively well-known blog. I've given training classes around the world. At industry events, I frequently meet people who have been reading my blog for several years. So while not "famous" in a general sense, or even in my geographical community, in my small professional community, I guess you could say I'm well known.

I guess this is a toot your own horn thread.

I am know around the state of Oregon part of an international group for my cooking.
I am also listed as the second author in a medical journal, and listed on the editorial board for three technical training syllabus.

Last edited:
Not yet, but I want to be known, but no-one knowing my real name or what I look like

egor said:

Yeah, I guess so. Mostly I just want to be reassured that we're not all reclusive weirdos like the kind they show on TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
kinda said:
egor said:

Yeah, I guess so. Mostly I just want to be reassured that we're not all reclusive weirdos like the kind they show on TV.

XD ... I doubt there are many people actually like that. Thank goodness for that :p

I am the man! Not community wide but in the large factory I work in I solve all problems electro-mechanical in house and at many friend's house's. I am still remembered occasionally by customers from 26 years ago when I ran a power equipment shop and took great care of their lawn tractors, Normally I try to stay out of the spotlight,

If you count having almost 2,000 subscribers on a YouTube channel before giving up famous then yeah I am

Argent said:
Pretty sure Emma Watson is on these boards.

How DARE you even say such things! [not that I'm offended]. She was pretty much my first childhood crush and it's only gotten stronger as I've gotten older so the thought of her actually being a member here, but realizing the chances are slim to none is soooo tantalizing it hurts (me at least, lol).
But ya, I agree. Success and fortune sounds nice, but fame sounds terrible (or at least fame to the extent of a celebrity does IMO).

As for me, no, I'm not famous at all. I guess I was somewhat popularish (or maybe I just like to think that) at my lower grade schools ,elementary school to high school, or at least I'm sure some of my "antics" are probably remembered by a lot of my x-classmates. But no, not famous or well known at all except at my workplace and within my close circles (friends and family).

I'm well know as an area musician, both as a rock keyboardist and as a church musician. When I was 14, I was on the inside cover of The Hammond Times, a Hammond organ magazine. I've been played on WVTF, the Public Radio station for Virginia. As the keyboardist for The Steve Freeman band, I've played for crowds of 20,000. One year, Dave Matthews was in our audience. I kept waiting for a phone call from him but alas, it never came. Damn!

I'm not famous or super well known, but I have been recognized by random people on the street from my Youtube work a couple of times and I have received fan mail before. And then there's a good chunk of people who may not know me, but once I introduce myself and my work, they'll say "So you're the guy who does that! Love your work!". This is by no means fame, but I'm happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back