How many of you are famous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I am not famous either. However, after having a major change of heart from witnessing the "academic world", fame and fortune are my main life goals anymore. Thankfully the acting bug is biting me after helping some class mates make films from their film classes.

Yes and no, in real life I'm not, The closest to famous I would say is I was once on the radio, but compared to most things that is nothing.

On the internet I used to be, luckily with things like anonymity you can just vanish from the internet and no one knows who you are, I was quite well known in certain circles, as I used to run a few side projects involving a few things, but I won't go into too much detail as that will most likely give away who I am, I'm also a open source developer who runs a few projects of my own which are semi-popular, have had people make derivative of my works, so that must mean something.

But no, in real life, I'm not really famous, I like to keep a low profile, most people don't even know I'm a geek, or a programmer, which is a plus, the less people know about me the better, although if people went out of there way and google searched my real name for a few seconds, they would know a little bit more about me. I'm that kid no one really pays attention to, It's like, who is that person.

I also ran a small IRC server once, aswell as a minecraft server.

I've been featured on Fimfiction that's about the extent of my fame.

Nope, not famous. But I have published books and other stuff internationally, and within a very narrow field people know who I am, internationally.

Emma Watson is absolutely a member here, we exchange messages all the time!! :wub: :giggles:

:smile1:What is the correct definition of famous?

Asking myself a few questions and sharing them with you... :chin:

* Am I a rock star? No
* Am I a movie star? No
* Am I a world renown artist? No
* Am I a politician? No
* Am I related to a famous person? No

Have I been on TV? Yes, regularly
Have I been on radio? Yes, regularly
Have I been in the newspaper? Yes, regularly
Have I been on national TV and radio? Yes, on occassion
Am I a considered a leader in my community? Yes
Do I have research, writing, art and photography that has been published in national newspapers, internet, and on national news? Yes

Is my name commonplace in society? No, not really
Could my real name easily be found in a google search? Yes

Am I a millionaire? Only in my dreams
Am I royalty? R u kidding me?? Wouldn't want to be.

Well, enough of the question and answer.

I guess my point here is that in some ways I certainly have had more than perhaps the common level of participating in the media on local, regional, and even national levels. But what I do and why I am there is not something that will really ever make me what I would consider as famous. You can easily find me in any type of internet search, but I don't think that qualifies me as being famous. Which is exactly how I like it to be.

But if you live in the U.S., or particularly in the western U.S., there is at least somewhat a possibility that you may have seen me before. :detective3

BTW: Being famous is never something that I would aspire to. I really mean that. While I regularly work with media in many levels, I have no desire to be the focus of the story. For me I have more desire in life to make a difference in helping people and making positive change than making a name for myself.

The first time I appeared on a national news channel I thought it was pretty cool, but what I soon discovered about myself was that the reason and purpose for me being there was much more important than thinking, oh wow, I was on a national news channel!. For me, the real satisfaction comes from feeling like I have been able to help people in understanding things and getting information in a critical time, especially in times of crisis.

Helping others gives me a satisfaction and feeling of self worth much greater than ever being the attention or focus of a story.:detective3

And no, I am not a reporter, but as a component of my paying job (not my being a cowboy as there isn't a lot of income associated with that!) I often get to work with those who are.:smile1:

Last edited:
I am not particularly well-known. Then again, I am quite the introvert.

hi im not famous but i want to be a fashion stylist and work with the famous

Emma Watson is definitely probably posting on this thread

Sent using Tapatalk on my iPhone

I am Emma Watson.

I'm Batman! batren.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back