How many of you started out DL , and then gave being an AB a shot and ended up liking it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinda

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been tempted to try the whole AB thing for a bit, though the cost of different accessories and stuff makes me hesitant.

I started out hating being in diapers, got the internet and gradually started getting into ABDL as a whole. I don't know how many people remember it, I don't think it's online anymore, but the "Double Life of Ariel Crawford" was a big deal for me. What I did ultimately find was that a lot of the things I secretly enjoyed were AB things to begin with.

I guess you could say I started out DL, I had an interest in stuff like training pants from a young age. But I wouldn't say I ''gave being an AB a shot,'' it was something that I just discovered about myself when I got older, and that's when my real desires for diapers kicked in.

And of course, you don't need to get a lot of AB stuff right away. Get one thing (a bottle or pacifier maybe) and add to that as time, money and your interest grows.

I am definitely in the same boat as you are. I have always thought about trying, but don't know how to.

I tried the AB side of things and just felt awkward and weird the whole time. It's not for me. I will stick to just diapers.

Well,

I've always be IC...

Being that, I'm not sure I'd call myself a DL...they are wonderful, and very handy for their intended purpose

As for AB...I've played, and not over the years...I've always liked being funny/silly/etc...and act much less than my age for sure...

Wear lego/transformer/daffy duck shirts sometime with something about sarcasm or alike... as I am very sarcastic...

as for getting started, it doesn't need to be expensive and taking your time is very fun as well!

The older you get the more stuff you seem to have and the more available funds you seem to have as well...Priority's change over time...

As for how to start...just start...!

Seriously goto goodwill or local recycle store...get a thing or two...its cheap! you don't need everything, although everyone want it all at once especially the younger you are (At least for me).

Go there, look through the store, have a budger of even say $10 or $20 and pick the things you want the most within that budget...

Exploring is the most fun...and it costs next to nothing :)

I suppose I started out as a DL and then sort of became partially interested in AB stuff. I don't go as far as roleplaying though.

I was pretty much in the same boat as you. I was a DL, then after hanging out with other ABDLs, I decided to give being an AB a shot as well, and I enjoyed it. You don't have to spend a ton of money and get a fancy nursery to be an AB. Outside of hanging out with other ABDLs, the only real money on my AB side (not including diapers) I spent was on a pacifier, which was pretty cheap. Feel free to give it a shot. You can keep it cheap and can always change your mind if you end up not liking it.

I have the greatest respect for those who are AB as I firmly believe anyone can do or be anything they like as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. You only get one life so why not live it in a way that gives you pleasure. That said I am not AB but unashamedly DL and incontinent. I couldn't live without my nappies now and thoroughly enjoy being dependant on them.

I started out as a DL from my earliest memories, then when I started to purchase diapers around age 12/13 I tried bottles and pacifiers and really liked them and thus became an ABDL

I was a DL form my earliest years and have had memories from as early as 4-5 years old about having a fascination with nappies. I have tried pacifiers and bottles and babyish diaper designs (like ABU SDK and Crinklz) that's as far AB as I go. I never really got into the whole being a child thing again. As much as I would love to be a child again and experience it all I just can't do role-play for the life of me.

I started out as a wetter (pants & bed) and progressed to DL. AB doesn’t do it for me.

I am a DL and that is what encouraged me to wear, as well as some practical reasons that wouldn't normally justify wearing.

But when I started to wear, I was surprised to get some strong AB feelings when I wear a diaper which I wasn't expecting, though I don't think I could let go enough to be a proper AB.

I seem to be able to give up some of my adulthood for a while and let go of some control by wearing and using a diaper in return for a tremendous feeling of well-being and being comforted. I'm not sure if it is because I am fairly new to it - or if it will last. I'm hoping it lasts as for me it is one of the best things about wearing - second only to the feeling of waking up in a diaper.

I imagine ABs take that feeling to another level by completely surrendering to their inner infant which must be great.

WBxx said:
I started out as a wetter (pants & bed) and progressed to DL. AB doesn’t do it for me.

This is the same for me I was a pants wetter (on purpose) bedwetter sort of on purpose for 45 years and discovered diapers around 1997, still a pants wetter, bedwetter but also very much a DL..not AB tendencies at all beyond diapers.

I don't know if I'm trying AB more, but I definitely started out as more of a medfet/DL person, then I untrained. Since untraining, life has been more ... stressful, I guess.

I own a lot more babyish stuff than the average DL just out of necessity - one-piece pyjamas, a mattress protector, a changing pad, a diaper pail, diaper pins, tons of plastic pants, and so on.

I'm also finding that I need more of this stuff to feel comfortable though. The biggest example is my pacifier. I find it really hard to fall asleep if I'm not sucking on my paci.

I started out DL as diapers were what helped me discovery sexuality and well lead me into puberty, but if you wanted to try out AB you don't necessarily need to buy anything. I mean if you do some searching around Ebay and or wait for sales from AWW SO CUTE you could get a pacifier meant for adults for like 10 dollars if you are smart about your searching. That is a good starting item. Or if you wanted to get a sippy cup. Though beyond accessories I would suggest finding someone to Role Play with. Just find someone willing to baby you online. Try out some RP and see how you feel about it. That was what got me into it. It all started with RPing online. That was happening even before I got diapers that fit.

I still remember my buddy and I used to 'borrow' some of his brother's diapers when no one was looking. His parents learned he (only him) was taking them and had him "fixed"; he's never been the same since. As for me, the one I snuck home was found but I wrote it off as belonging to my still-IC friend jack. I kind of always wanted to remain in diapers, always felt insecure in the bathroom since the other boys back when I was young were known for being nosey at the urinals and when it came to the stalls. When I became an uncle at age 7, I got to wear some "borrowed" diapers again. By my third niece, I kind of felt forgotten about and longed for when I was the center of my parents' attention once more, this kind of sparked my AB side, trying to reclaim those lost times. These days I am once again one of the main focuses of my parents, but it is normally in regards to either my health, my grades, my lack of a proper job, or them noticing I seem somewhat too childish or slow at times.

Being primarily a diaper lover, my earliest memories were still about both diapers and wanting to be a baby again. For most of my young life, I experimented with both baby things things and diapers because at the time they went hand in hand for me. To this day, I classify myself as a diaper lover with adult baby tendencies. But I must admit, if my current situation accommodated being an AB I would dive deeper into it. As for now, I stick with the babyish adult diapers.

- - - Updated - - -

Carolus said:
I started out hating being in diapers, got the internet and gradually started getting into ABDL as a whole. I don't know how many people remember it, I don't think it's online anymore, but the "Double Life of Ariel Crawford" was a big deal for me. What I did ultimately find was that a lot of the things I secretly enjoyed were AB things to begin with.

I remember reading the first half of that when I was very young. It was a big part of my discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back