Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Diapees in the news

  1. #1

    Default Diapees in the news

    It looks like Tykables are taking some flak for having an ABDL store in Mount Prospect, Illinois. I was just on facebook, and one of the news articles talked about protesting at the store.

    Here is a page on what's happening if you're interested.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bs-ADULTS.html


    Hopefully we can give Tykables some support in their work, and put the minds of the "normal" people at ease.

  2. #2

    Default

    I know this might be an unpopular opinion here, but I can't be the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea, even from purely a business perspective. I support Tykables right to sell their products, but opening a public storefront on a busy street in an average middle-class suburb of Chicago catering to fetishists? That's nuts. What were they thinking? How many random people are going to walk into this store and have no idea what they're selling? Or worse assume that they're selling children's products? And how many of us would actually want to be seen in public shopping at this store? How many AB/DLs do you think are "out" and wouldn't care if all their friends and family, or the public at large, knew that they purchase products from this company? What did Tykables think was going to happen when they opened a public storefront? That thousands of regular people on the street would visit their store, learn about their products, and go home with cases of diapers? Maybe I'll be proven wrong, in fact I hope I'll be proven wrong, but at this point I just don't see things going well for this particular business venture of theirs.

  3. #3

    Default

    I feel like driving over now and picking up some before the shop gets shut down, it is only one town over.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by INTrePid View Post
    I know this might be an unpopular opinion here, but I can't be the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea, even from purely a business perspective. I support Tykables right to sell their products, but opening a public storefront on a busy street in an average middle-class suburb of Chicago catering to fetishists? That's nuts. What were they thinking? How many random people are going to walk into this store and have no idea what they're selling? Or worse assume that they're selling children's products? And how many of us would actually want to be seen in public shopping at this store? How many AB/DLs do you think are "out" and wouldn't care if all their friends and family, or the public at large, knew that they purchase products from this company? What did Tykables think was going to happen when they opened a public storefront? That thousands of regular people on the street would visit their store, learn about their products, and go home with cases of diapers? Maybe I'll be proven wrong, in fact I hope I'll be proven wrong, but at this point I just don't see things going well for this particular business venture of theirs.
    Randos aren't going to be walking in though. You can only enter by appointment and you can't see inside. It's all covered up. They also picked an area with low foot traffic. I think they did their best to be relatively unobstrusive.

    I have to wonder how this compares to thr Rearz storefront in Canada though.

  5. #5

    Default

    I never thought I'd see the day something like this would happen in a real sense aside from fantasy stories and maybe the holodeck if that ever gets invented. I think the people who are disliking this store need to mind their own business, no one complains about other types of fetish stores, so why do people care about this? I think its a great thing, as long as it doesn't start making the AB/DL Community look bad I say keep at it, I'd like to see more of these kinds of stores, maybe selling multiple ab/dl brands of diapers and other supplies.

  6. #6

    Default

    This story actually made the Drudge Report today, a news website that gets ten million visitors daily and had almost 9 billion hits in 2015. So yeah, this story just got a lot more exposure and this doesn't help the ABDL image in the least.

    Good job, Tykables guys. If my girlfriend didn't like the Overnights so much I'd probably just switch her back to ABU and Dry 24/7s full time.




    Quote Originally Posted by puppyfat View Post
    I have to wonder how this compares to thr Rearz storefront in Canada though.
    It doesn't. If they did what Rearz did, this probably isn't a huge story. They could have been just a medical supply store that also sells fetish diapers, and maybe that draws attention to ABDL without actually doing any harm. But all the oversize furniture and the idea that you can go in and play...while none of us in the community are going to have a huge problem with it, it's extremely weird to the average, or vanilla, person. I'd probably be weirded out by it if I didn't wear diapers myself.

    Rears doesn't have the crib and high chair for shock value...that's where Tykables went wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by AddyShadows View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day something like this would happen in a real sense aside from fantasy stories and maybe the holodeck if that ever gets invented. I think the people who are disliking this store need to mind their own business, no one complains about other types of fetish stores, so why do people care about this? I think its a great thing, as long as it doesn't start making the AB/DL Community look bad I say keep at it, I'd like to see more of these kinds of stores, maybe selling multiple ab/dl brands of diapers and other supplies.
    But that's the problem...it DOES make the community look bad. If it was just ABDL diapers and supplies...ok, no problem. But do have any idea what's going to go through people's heads when they see and hear about this? People are instantly going to think pedophilia because the name has "tyke" in it, and despite the adult sized furniture, it is still baby furniture.

    This COULD have been a great idea. Rearz does it with no problem. And you can go to the ABU warehouse with no problem. But this...this is going to end up as a disaster for the ABDL image and it really pisses me off.

  7. #7

    Default

    Thank you puppyfat for the rundown on their store.

    Everyone's entitled to feel how they feel and like or dislike as its true to the individual but people in this community condemning Tykables for doing their own thing are just as sick as those crazy protestors and no better than an ignorant mob weilding burning torches.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by silentdreamer1996 View Post
    I feel like driving over now and picking up some before the shop gets shut down, it is only one town over.
    Lol !! Hello fellow Chicagoan

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    Thank you puppyfat for the rundown on their store.

    Everyone's entitled to feel how they feel and like or dislike as its true to the individual but people in this community condemning Tykables for doing their own thing are just as sick as those crazy protestors and no better than an ignorant mob weilding burning torches.
    How exactly are we sick for looking out for the greater good of our community? Just because it's a cool concept for people with our fetish does not make it a good idea, at all.

  10. #10

    Default

    I don't quite understand why some people are condemning Tykables either and I don't think they're the ones to blame. Now if they had people modelling diapers in the windows that would be one thing, but it seems they were being fairly discrete about going about their business. It's the people raising the fuss that made it big news, along with the fact that everyone likes a weird story.

    Here's the thing: the vast majority of people that this is going to make a bad impression on is people who would have been offended and put off if they discovered the ab/dl community in some other way. They wouldn't have needed a news report to form that impression. And honestly folks, should we really care that much about what those people think of us? I surely don't. If they're too ignorant and closed-minded to say different strokes for different folks and go on with their lives, they're not worth my time worrying about.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-Jan-2015, 21:52
  2. Good Nights Tru Fit refill packs in Adult Diapees
    By BordercollieTrigger in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-Dec-2014, 01:55
  3. How would a canadian get covered for diapees?
    By BordercollieTrigger in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-Nov-2014, 00:35
  4. Cheap Hello Kitty Diapees!
    By ForeverSmall in forum Sissy / Girls
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-May-2012, 19:29
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-Oct-2011, 02:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.