First ABU Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

fangbanger88

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So i finally got round to trying the ABU diapers. Love the all over feel of them and how crinkly they were. wore it pretty much all day, about 5 wets and it was holding up fine, really impressed! I really didn't want to take it off!

Personally for me I'm not an AB at all and i dislike the baby/childish print on them which is a bit frustrating as they don't do a plain version :(

Yes they do. It's called the Simple. It is listed right on their website :)

Oh yea. That's cool. I've been looking into it. I thought the Space Diaper looks like a diaper for older kids. I'm not fond of the SDK, Cushies, or the little pawz. I might get the Space Diaper and Simple. All I do is Iike the comfort of wetting them but not look like a baby.

jamiejamie said:
Oh yea. That's cool. I've been looking into it. I thought the Space Diaper looks like a diaper for older kids. I'm not fond of the SDK, Cushies, or the little pawz. I might get the Space Diaper and Simple. All I do is Iike the comfort of wetting them but not look like a baby.

the Little Pawz isn't too babyish. Like you, i'm no AB, but I still like them (and they're a little different fit and feel too, worth a test drive)

Ooow ok they weren't avalible on the nappies'r'us site, unless any one knows were to get them in the UK?

NRU is ABU's only distributor in the UK, so the only other way you're going to get them is either to import them yourself, or buy them from someone who has. Either way, you're going to be paying an arm and a leg for shipping. Do you really find the print so objectionable that you can't just ignore it and concentrate on the feel?

Last edited:
If you're in the UK, just buy the white diapers from cuddlz.com. Or if you don't mind spending a bit more, buy some Rearz Inspire+ Incontrol from ABDLfactory.com. Thickest diaper you'll ever try.

Also I have a few ABU LittlePaws diapers I want to sell if you're interested.

I'm a bit surprised ABU hasn't started a UK/EU store yet. They currently have stores (and websites) for the US, Canada, Australia, and most recently Japan.

INTrePid said:
I'm a bit surprised ABU hasn't started a UK/EU store yet. They currently have stores (and websites) for the US, Canada, Australia, and most recently Japan.

So long as they have a distribution arrangement with NRU, they don't need their own store. It's a lot cheaper to partner with an existing business, even if it does mean that you give up some control and uniformity of image.

Partnering with NRU was the easiest and cheapest way to attempt ABUs first effort at international expansion (note that I don't include Canada in that, since you can serve the Canadian market from the US, especially given that ABU is based in Washington State). It allowed them to target a major market (not just the UK, but the EU as well) with all of the heavy lifting being done by an existing business operating in a country with a common language, legal system, and similar culture to the USA. NRU had the capacity to deal with ABUs products, in addition to their existing range, and were willing to do so.

As for the Simple, I think that the problem in Europe is that there are still a fair number of "decent" medical nappies available, so the market is more competitive. NRU don't have to stock it if they don't think it will sell.

I know that Max Diaper in Sweden sells diapers from Abu but I have no idea if they ship outside of the Nordic countries.
www.maxdiaper.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does ABDLFactory, interestingly enough. All for roughly the same price, accounting for exchange rates; £20-£22 a pack, which implies that they've all imported stock by sea. Are they also authorised distributors, or has ABU now established enough interest to sell wholesale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back