Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tykables Exposed

Default Tykables Exposed

Recently there has been an uproar in local residents regarding the Tykables store located in Mount Prospect, Illinois. Some of you may already know that in April, Tykables opened up a store in the Chicagoland area. Being a Chicago resident myself, I have visited this store and in no way shape or form could you tell what this store entailed from the outside. There are no visible signs on the storefront, you cannot see what is inside the store from any angle, and you cannot enter without ringing the doorbell. This store is also not a play space, you can buy their products and see their tradeshow displays, but signs on the furniture ask you not to play with them. Recently, the local residents of Mount Prospect learned that Tykables had been running their business and immediately began to demand that they be shut down. There has also been an uproar on social media regarding the stores location and intentions as well as many threats to protest and video tape customers entering and exiting in attempts to expose them. Locals gathered at Mount Prospect Village Hall Tuesday night to protest Tykables and demanded the village to close down their store. Local news has picked up the story and now there is much unwanted attention from vanillas who have been more than happy to verbally attack us on social media. The Village of Mount Prospect is holding a board meeting open to the public on July 7th to discuss topics regarding Tylables. What are your opinions on this situation?

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/06/...ount-prospect/

http://www.journal-topics.com/news/a...bf4f7395e.html

***UPDATE***
    Saw this on TV today
    http://wgntv.com/2016/06/08/mount-pr...-wear-diapers/
    Last edited by ThePaddedPuppy; 09-Jun-2016 at 20:00.

I think they wouldn't have any major objections really if they didn't declare one thing then seem to have contradicted themselves on a YouTube video they produced. Plus trying to seem a genuine buisness like this to normal Americans but appearing on your company YouTube in tshirt and diaper is a wee bit stupid in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I really wish the vanilla's would understand better, I hope tykables hangs in there.

1)It's rather ridiculous that people think that any business they don't agree with can be shut down, and 2)I'm glad as hell I don't live in Chicago so my parents didn't see this on the news, because I'd probably die.

Also, saying ''baby fetish'' was a really poor choice of words.

I think that they are rather terminally lacking in subtlety. This is NOT a business that is in anyway reliant on passing trade, so there is no reason whatsoever for it to be in a remotely customer-facing location. If they'd set up shop in a small unit on a light industrial estate, they might have been able to fly under the radar. And seriously, attempting to branch out into an AB nursery when they still haven't re-established themselves after the whole Huggies situation? Why?

It sounds like people only became upset after finding out that they supply products to ABDL's and that there were not previous complaints about the operation of the business.
    I wonder if the business plan included that the location was to be also used as a showroom.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    1)It's rather ridiculous that people think that any business they don't agree with can be shut down, and 2)I'm glad as hell I don't live in Chicago so my parents didn't see this on the news, because I'd probably die.

Also, saying ''baby fetish'' was a really poor choice of words.
    What about clan? He has to suffer this =p

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    What about clan? He has to suffer this =p
    He won't be sitting around eating dinner with his parents while the news is on, that's how it goes pretty much every night in my house.

It just pisses me off how people take one glance at something they don't understand and want it destroyed without putting a single ounce of thought into it. These days, any adult associated with anything childish immediately equals pedophile, or something else totally irrational.

It sounds like that town is full of douchenozzles. I hope Tykables stands firm, the people protesting are the problem in society. They're why we can't have nice things.