Not open for further replies.

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
I drink more when wearing and found this article about the benefits of water. Of course the main benefit of water is more soft warm wet diapers.

1. Healthy blood and bones. Your blood is over 80 percent water and your bones are over 50 percent water. Proper hydration is required to optimize creation of new blood and bone cells.
2. Toxin elimination. Skip the fancy (and costly) detox plans. Plain water naturally helps remove toxins through the lymphatic system, intestines and kidneys.
3. Lubricated joints. Water helps protect against wear and tear and can even help*reduce joint pain.
4. Proper digestion. Water helps prevent constipation by adding bulk to stools and fluid to the colon.*
5. Alertness. Even minor dehydration can lead to headaches, irritability, impaired concentration and fatigue. The human brain is 85 percent water; keeping it hydrated is essential for proper functioning.
6. Healthy skin. Water hydrates from the inside out, helping to maintain elasticity of the skin.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/TIP0596...ing-The-Proper-Amount-Of-Water-Every-Day.html

Disclaimer: I do not subscribe to Dr. Weil's vitamins. I get mine from Swanson Vitamins.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Considering how important water is for so many things in our body, I don't think it's really even necessary to specifically call anything out. "Your body uses it for everything." Water is one of the most difficult things there is to overdose on, (though it's possible, but you really have to work at it) it's used on-demand, and it's not retained for any length of time, so yeah, "drink more water" is a pretty safe bet.

I rarely drink water, other than when I drink tea. I mostly 'survive' on coca-cola, which of course isn't good. I try to get in a couple of cups of water a day, but I usually forget.... I need someone to help me with my 'coke' addiction :sweatdrop:

I get most of my water during the day by drinking coffee. At night I drink a combination of cranberry juice and ginger ale. The hospital started me on that combination when I had my bleeding ulcer way back in 1985. I have to remind my self to drink liquids during the day. I just seem to get occupied with doing a dozen different things. Often, I just don't feel thirsty, so I make myself drink some water. Coffee I enjoy so when I take a break, I usually drink coffee.

Always drink heaps of water. Recently I got the common cold, feeling pretty snotty literally, been drinking lots of water and also exercising (going to the gym) has me feeling better in a couple of days. It's so easy to forget to drink water, especially when working. I try to keep a bottle and a water filter nearby all the time.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

dogboy said:
At night I drink a combination of cranberry juice and ginger ale. The hospital started me on that combination when I had my bleeding ulcer way back in 1985.

I'm surprised they advised something as acidic as cranberry juice for someone with an ulcer. I personally do a tall glass of milk before bed

bambinod said:
I'm surprised they advised something as acidic as cranberry juice for someone with an ulcer. I personally do a tall glass of milk before bed

You would think so, as do I, but here's the odd thing. I can't drink much alcohol at all or I'll get an immediate stomach ache. But when we go out to an expensive restaurant for a birthday or anniversary, the one alcoholic drink that won't hurt my stomach is a bloody Mary. Maybe the tomato juice coats my stomach. Anyway, cranberry juice doesn't bother me, but one small glass of wine will double me over in pain. The other drink that doesn't bother me is beer. I never have more than one a day, however, as I don't want to push my luck. I usually only have one or two beers a week.

It is definitely a benefit of wearing that you drink more water.

In my experience if you have any kind of condition that makes you pee more, you unconciously drink less water than you need if you don't stop yourself.

Just a note of caution though - it is very hard to overdose on water and most people don't drink enough, but if you do overdose it is disastrous - and can even lead to death. I think the problem is large amounts in a short space of time.

I'd drink more water but I need it to be ice cold. I don't have ice because i have a relatively small freezer. Warm water just doesn't suit me.

After reading this thread I will be upping my water intake, I'm actually going on a healthier diet, more salads and stuff.
A good rule of thumb is if your peeing clear your properly hydrated, if you have any color to it, your not drinking enough

pampers4U said:
After reading this thread I will be upping my water intake, I'm actually going on a healthier diet, more salads and stuff.
A good rule of thumb is if your peeing clear your properly hydrated, if you have any color to it, your not drinking enough

I'd say a bit of yellow is fine. but when its getting to a darker yellow, then yes you need more water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back