Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
So I have had a Sofia the First bed quilt cover set for a month or so now but I've been too afraid to use it since buying it. However on Sunday night I had a change of mind. I don't know why but it struck me that I only live once and I could be dead next week for all I know. So all this fear over it seemed trivial now and I needed to live my life.
So the next morning empowered by this I washed the quilt cover set and went shopping for some pink sheets, came back and washed them too and by late afternoon I had my bed all set up for the night. At this point I am extremely happy for being myself and extremely scared of literally anyone walking into my room. A few hours later my dad walks into my room and sees the girly bed. He chuckles for a moment then says "you really like that girl don't you?". He's also referring to the 3 other posters I have of her around my room. Then that's it he doesn't bring it up again and we talk like nothing happened. It feels great to be able to do what I thought a year ago I could never do and be accepted too. I have included a photo of it. So happy :smile1:

That's really nice. I'm glad that your dad is as accepting as he is. You're lucky for that.

HuggiesGuy said:
Then that's it he doesn't bring it up again and we talk like nothing happened. It feels great to be able to do what I thought a year ago I could never do and be accepted too. I have included a photo of it. So happy :smile1:

HuggiesGuy,

I am happy that you have an understanding (or at least accepting) dad. While he may not actually understand the reasons why, it is good to hear about dads that do not judge outwardly. All to often I think that as children we think our parents are going to react in a derogative way (and they do sometimes), but many times they do not and accept us for who we are.

I am now a father of three children, with two that are teen-adults and one that is still a teenager youth. I try to be as understanding and accepting of them as I can, and while providing them guidance and my advice, it is always done out of love for them and wanting them to be happy.

I would like to think that there are a lot more parents out there that are like that then the ones who freak out and get mad when their children are pursuing interests different than their own perspectives.

TeddyBearCowboy said:
HuggiesGuy,

I am happy that you have an understanding (or at least accepting) dad. While he may not actually understand the reasons why, it is good to hear about dads that do not judge outwardly. All to often I think that as children we think our parents are going to react in a derogative way (and they do sometimes), but many times they do not and accept us for who we are.

I agree. I was pretty scared about how he would react in particular mainly because I was unsure, which creates the fear. I have been for the last 6-8 months slowly adding more and more things that would not be considered "boyish" like one girly poster then another and so on to kind of "test the waters" so to speak. It really helps build confidence as they accept each little advancement I make in being who I am. You sound like a great father and the kind I hope to be one day myself. I want my children to be able to come to me about anything they need to and feel they can express themselves however they wish.

I have grown longer hair and done other feminine things more recently. This is partially because I live alone now and partially because I now am more accepting and confident of doing these things. And I have found that as I've done this during the adult portion of my life, my dad has been more accepting of this than my mom. I've noticed that my dad wants to try to help me no matter what. But my mom seems to remind me every time that she sees me that I look different, even since we had a pretty long conversation about one year ago about why I do these things that seemed to end with her understanding & accepting this. So other people can, and at least sometimes do, surprise you.

Omw I love it its so oooo cute

That is so cute and I'm a bit jealous. Because people go in and out of my room all the time I really don't want to do it. I will have to wait until I live on my own to get and use any. It is great to know that your dad is accepting of it.

I have a Mickey Mouse themed bed. I secretly want a Minnie Mouse themed one too. But I already don't act like a normal 30's guy, I don't outwardly show any interest in sissy type things, I just lack the expression of any manly type things. It's a thin line that I don't know what side I'm on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back