Thread: Urine sample and incontinence.

Default Urine sample and incontinence.

How do you guys get the doctors a urine sample? So far I've been lucky and go in 5 or 10 minutes of waiting in the bathroom and have just enough for them to test.

The last time I had to do that it was for a drug test for a job. My plan was to just go in the bathroom and wait until I peed and try and catch it with the cup, but it didn't turn out well, I sort of got it all over the floor, it was pretty embarassing, :/

I've had my best luck doing this by overloading with water consumption the day of the test, which pretty much guarantees that I'll be flowing very often over a course of a few hours. Then I just catch the void in the cup, it may take a few minutes. Admittedly this isn't fool proof or one hundred percent effective. I usually end up going through a LOT of protection on a day like that as I'm constantly going all day after drinking that much water.

Southstuart

Drink lots is the only way!

I use an intermittent cath, so it's pretty easy for me to force the issue by just cathing into a cup, once I was restricted to a Foley and a bag and I just offered the bag to the Doctor, normally they want a fresh sample to check temperature and all that but my doc knows I am IC and therefore takes what she can get at the time, I take opiods and by Hospital policy my doc has to establish a sample 2 times a year but she knows that I don't abuse misuse or take crap I shouldn't because I have seen her for 14 years and in that time never failed a test even when I did not know there was going to be one, as in being unconscious and taken to the hospital where they automaticly check what drugs or alcohol is in your system and always come up with zero except for stuff I am supposed to take.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    The last time I had to do that it was for a drug test for a job. My plan was to just go in the bathroom and wait until I peed and try and catch it with the cup, but it didn't turn out well, I sort of got it all over the floor, it was pretty embarassing, :/
    you can't aim your peter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewgdfw View Post
    you can't aim your peter ?
    I don't want to get too graphic, but not very well, no. I don't often have need to, but part of my issues is that it's so small it makes it incredibly difficult to even pull out much less aim when I do.