New arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried the "improved" Betterdry diaper, found it just as awful as the Abena diapers when it came to odor control, the absorbency of the Betterdry is also awfully bad as it doesn't wick wetness, only bulges like crazy in the front, rear stays dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed that too, the wetness just sits in one spot and doesn't spread but they swell alot.

NotTheAverageMan said:
Tried the "improved" Betterdry diaper, found it just as awful as the Abena diapers when it came to odor control, the absorbency of the Betterdry is also awfully bad as it doesn't wick wetness, only bulges like crazy in the front, rear stays dry.

Sounds like a classic issue of "too much of anything is a bad thing" - including SAP. The original Dry24/7 had this issue. The bellisimo and northshore are right on the edge IMHO

That usually make them really stiff too. Is that a problem with the betterdry? slab 'o cardboard between your legs when dry?

(maybe take northshore's advice and fold a channel?)

I hoped for a real better product, aside from its name. All they did was worsen it. I could live with the new design if they had solved the problems they originally had, but they didn't. And now its worse than before. The tapes are CRAP and when wet, they muck like hell. The only pro is the bulkyness. Tho when wearing outside or to sleep, performance is much more important. That makes these a case for playtime only. Sorry Betterdry, you're out of the game. Obviously they don't want our money.

The only way I found the Betterdry acceptable was by using a cloth booster insert in it, that way wetness could be spread more. But Betterdry is out of the equation when I need high capacity diapers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenTennyson said:
The tapes are CRAP
I have to correct that statement... the tapes are the worst crap I have ever seen. I just put on my second sample and two of the four didnt even stick from the beginning. My hands were completely clean and dry. Never had that problem with the Abenas or any other brand.

I found if you make your own landing zone with clear packing tape, the tapes stick no problem, last all through the night without coming unstuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back