Northshore Supreme: Most Underrated Diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTrePid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I decided to go out on a limb and buy a case of Northshore Supremes this past week and I have to say I've been quite impressed so far. The shipping from Northshore, although not free, was extremely fast. My case arrived less than 24 hours after placing my order, with standard shipping. They also included two free samples of the 'Air Supreme' diapers and a sample pack of wipes, which came with coupon codes for 5% off all Northshore products and 10% off Northshore wipes. The diapers themselves were comparable in thickness to an Abena M4 and seemed as absorbent, if not more absorbent. Some people have complained about the padding being too stiff, but I found this only a positive as it creates a wonderful initial feeling of bulkiness and doesn't fall apart and clump after extended wear. The padding also softens and expands as the diaper gets wetter and any stiffness is hardly noticeable by the time you change. Stretching and folding the diaper like they recommend gives it a nice V shape that prevents leaks and makes it more comfy for walking around in. They also do an excellent job wicking moisture and distributing it throughout the diaper.

A case of 45 in the largest size sells for $70 and the shipping is about $10, so at most you're paying a little over $1.75 per diaper, which is not bad for a diaper that can easily last over 8 hours. You're lucky these days if you can get an ABDL diaper for under $2.00, even the all-white ones (which I prefer) like the ABU Simple. The Northshore Supreme might not be the fanciest or be the most absorbent diaper in existence, but I'd say it's certainly one of the best non-ABDL diapers on the market today. What do you guys think?

I too love this diaper! Switched from molicare to this and am happy!

so i have gotten these twice in the past. i absolutly love them. Their absorbency is seriously up there with everything i have tried so far, the thickness is quite pleasing and still soft inside, and while it's not the comfiest i've ever tried i do quite love them. If I had to say, these would be my favorite brand to date

I've worn them exclusively for the past year and have no plans to change (heh!).

They are my favorite diaper for fit and finish so far :)

Their diapers seem to hold up well but they don't fit me right. The mediums are too small and the larges are too big. They were going to make a between size but decided against it. They don't function well when they don't fit.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Their diapers seem to hold up well but they don't fit me right. The mediums are too small and the larges are too big. They were going to make a between size but decided against it. They don't function well when they don't fit.

Same here on size... I thought they came out with size Regular to fill the gap?

I recently ordered from them for the first time last week. I got a bag of Confidry 24/7s for myself and a bag of the Northshore Air Supreme for my girl. They also included a sample of the plastic Supreme and the Supreme Lite. Like the OP, I received my order in less then 24 hours (I am only 4 hrs from their location). I'm extremely impressed with my sample. They are definitely underrated for how thick they are and what they hold. However I need to shed a few pounds before I order more so I can fit into it better. I can just barely fasten the tapes. The only thing I don't like is the rise in the back could be a little higher.

So far my girl really likes the Air Supremes. She gets too hot in plastic backed diapers so we decided to give these a shot. They are thick and seem to fit her pretty well. And she stays cool and comfortable. I would recommend these also for those who prefer cloth backed.

bambinod said:
Same here on size... I thought they came out with size Regular to fill the gap?
Xp medical has regular size. I know that for a fact. I had contacted them a couple months ago to inquire about the regular size. They said it was too much of an investment or something. Maybe they'll rescale their products in the future. If not, I won't be ordering them. The larges have a wicked long crotch. The mediums seem to almost cut off circulation.

For some reason this last shipment of mine I've been having tape issues, anyone else, or did I perhaps just get a bad case?

Compared to a diaper from my previous case it appears that the sticky part of the tape is only taking up about half of the tape whereas the previous batch diaper was closer to three fourths of the tape.

ClickyKeys said:
For some reason this last shipment of mine I've been having tape issues, anyone else, or did I perhaps just get a bad case?

Compared to a diaper from my previous case it appears that the sticky part of the tape is only taking up about half of the tape whereas the previous batch diaper was closer to three fourths of the tape.

I know there are a variety of different tapes available. I've seen manufacturers claim several times "we use the good 3M (brand) tapes".

But the tapes should have adhesive on them except for the pull tab on the end?

I've had issues with one of the tapes being stuck to the other part, and having to peel the plastic off of it, it was always the same one. I don't remember which tape it was, but I have had it happen on several cases. I quit wearing these because they don't have a size between medium and large, if they had that, it would be the main diaper I wear. XP Medical's regular size fits great and the dry 24/7 is large enough in their medium size that it fits fine.

ClickyKeys said:

I'm thinking you might have gotten a bad case...I would contact them perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This diaper has been my primary underwear for about a year and a half now. Absorbency, comfort, price, containment are all great. It's a really good diaper and I've been through dozens of disposable brands over the last 40+ years. If I had any nit-picks I would like it to be completely white (without the silly yellow strip) and a tad more longer (like an inch or two). But those don't deter it from being my main diaper.

ugghhh I've got to try these!!! What am I waiting for? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back