Changing: Stand or lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,I am in diapers and rubber pants 24/7 and I change many diapers on myself in a week as I wet and poop my pants just as much as any toddler has done or will do,anyways I got very lucky that I can do pretty much anything and everything myself without anyone's help and changing my diapers and rubber pants is just one of those chores,and when it comes to changing my pants I can do it either way..standing up or laying down on my bed,and I have no clear cut reason to think any one of is better then the other..because I have worn them for a number of years now and can change in one position just as fast as I can in the other position,and to be honest like I am always..I have been out many dates with some very sweet lady friends that have liked to play the mommy/baby role games with me of course being the baby and they have changed me sometimes more then once,and in those cases I do prefer to have them lie me down to change and diaper me..and when a women does this diaper change on me..it just gets things going very nicely for what has always turned out to be a very intimate and romantic evening for us both,and I think may be one of the reasons my dates like to do this to me as women talk to women in my view way more then guys talk to guys..I fully enjoyed answering this question it was as much fun to answer as it is for me to be a part of this very nice site..take care all and you will see more of me in the forums as well as on the story boards where I will type...some of my diaper adventures as well as some of the diaper dates I have been out on.

Last edited:
So,

I've changed standing up...or more like Tried!

So lying down is much better...

Being still in a halo brace right now...and still healing...lying down is the only choice...at least I'm off the cath now...as of yesterday...OUCH!

But, ordered a bunch of the A+ diapers...figured I'd give them another chance...

Running low...nurse said only have one bag of 24/7's and a few others...

Anyhow, I don't know how people change standing up...seems nearly impossible for me!

In most cases if using a brief it is always easier laying down , Whether its you or another that is doing the changing . If standing the shifting and instability makes it difficult to don a proper fit .

PhurPhur said:
In most cases if using a brief it is always easier laying down , Whether its you or another that is doing the changing . If standing the shifting and instability makes it difficult to don a proper fit .

Maybe without a wall to lean against. With some surface, it's pretty much the same to me as a practical matter, although lying down is often more enjoyable.

BlueSky said:
I can't do it standing up. I have no idea how people do it lol. I have to lie down every time

Agreed , But I have nerve damage so not as steady on my feet as others . When needing to change in a public washroom or on a plane , the brief is so uncomfortable that as soon as I can change laying down I change even if I don't need one . I have used Pull-ups while traveling , and they are a wee bit more convent when changing as you can sit on the toilet while putting them on . But pull-ups don't give the confidence that briefs do , as pull-ups are only effective for short time periods. lol

Lying down—for me, that's the only way to go!

As I mentioned before, I perform diaper changes both ways, standing and lying down.

I have preformed both ways, I find it easier to change laying down, my arms kind of get sore trying to keep the diaper up when standing, but both turn out fine.

I change standing up using a wall.

I get muscle cramps in my abdomen if I try to change lying down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do both, if I'm in a hurry I just lean on a wall to change. If I have time and just want to get really into little head space I will lay down.

I have to lie down to get changed and if I were to be changed by somebody I would like to lie down. I don't know how people do it standing up and I can't imagine ever standing up to get changed at all.

i do it both
lying down its easier but if you are experienced it seems the same

seni quatro change standing

If you are really FI or UI while you are out and about you will need to change your adult brief in a public restroom. Several of the newest and best briefs are completely silent.You pull down your pants and onesie/singlet while standing, you pull off the tapes and remove the wet brief, fold it in on itself and put it in a bag. You then clean yourself with a few wipes (or many many if you messed) and then apply another silent cloth like diaper - seni quarto medium is large enough to get a hold of without a wall. You should be able to hold the front up with one hand and the back with another hand and seal that first tape. Once one tape is sealed, the rest should be easy to complete. See the photo attached. If the brief is smaller, it will be more difficult.

I noticed the other day that I can only put on an Abena M4 standing up, if I lay down I get it too tight or it's off position (like at an angle, the color lines start going diagonally)... However, with a Teddy Bambino, I can only change it laying down, if I change standing up, I get it too tight.

Try to figure that out XD

If I'm with anyone it has to be lying down, but if I'm on my own I'll do either depending on how I'm feeling/able to do it at the time. I'm not very good at putting one on by myself.

If someone changed me, I would lie down and be in a taped diaper. But given that isn't likely and I am not sure I want it to be, I put on pull-ups while I am on the toilet for my last pee for a while then stand up. It is awkward to do in a public bathroom stall as they bunch up and stick to my folds. I never thought about putting them on lying down. On my next change, I will try it.

i guess i am more of a DL, i have been diapering standing several years i think its a learned thing, for some reason o find it easier while standing, if my wife would do it for me, i would lay down by all means:D

My nanny and I go out on quite a few well-planned outings, and she changes me in family restrooms. Thus far, I've only found one with an adult-sized changing table, so I'm almost always changed in those situations while I'm standing up.

At home, however, I'm always diapered or changed lying down.

If I'm diapering myself, I stand up ... that's just easier. But if I'm being changed, I still prefer lying on my back.

FluffyMastiff said:
I noticed the other day that I can only put on an Abena M4 standing up, if I lay down I get it too tight or it's off position (like at an angle, the color lines start going diagonally)... However, with a Teddy Bambino, I can only change it laying down, if I change standing up, I get it too tight.

Try to figure that out XD

Same with me and M4s! :) I usually change lying down, but for some reason I can only really nail putting on an M4 if I'm standing up.

hti24 said:
Same with me and M4s! :) I usually change lying down, but for some reason I can only really nail putting on an M4 if I'm standing up.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back