Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing: Stand or lie?

Default Changing: Stand or lie?

Hi all

Havn't posted for ages, so hope you are all good. I have OCD and have a bit of an obsession that I can't shake. When I'm being little I am around 2 and a half to three. What I can't work out is whether it is usual at that age to lie down for a nappy change, or whether it is more usual to do it standing as a toddler? Silly one I know, but it's taking me out of my little place, as I keep thinking about it!

What are your thoughts?

Love and thanks.

Martin

Well if someone else where ever to change me, lying down... seeing as I have to do it myself though, standing up

Quote Originally Posted by LittleManAlex View Post
    Well if someone else where ever to change me, lying down... seeing as I have to do it myself though, standing up
    I can't do it standing up. I have no idea how people do it lol. I have to lie down every time

For a toddler I'd always say lying down for a tape on nappy....that's where pull-ups come into it...for busy tots on the go. I hate changing while standing. I appreciate that for some it's a necessity, and I have read some very clever tips, but I've never found standing enjoyable or practical for a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    For a toddler I'd always say lying down for a tape on nappy....that's where pull-ups come into it...for busy tots on the go. I hate changing while standing. I appreciate that for some it's a necessity, and I have read some very clever tips, but I've never found standing enjoyable or practical for a good change.
    Exactly what I was going to say. With my toddlers we always changed them lying down.

For pull ups then standing up is fine, but we never used them for our boys, they potty trained directly.

For me personally I like diapering or being diapered lying down as that is what happens to babies.

I would prefer to be lying down and being diapered by someone. As there is no someone to do that, I put the diaper on a chair, then sit and make a few wiggles to get it where I want. Then tape or pin one side, stand and tape or pin the other side. Pull up my baby panties and am ready to go.

I mostly change lieng down but if i come out of the shower, i put on my Nappy standing.

My little age is 3, and I do both. I prefer to lie down to be changed but I find putting a nappy on (stood or lying down) difficult enough just by myself!

It depends on the toddler. Some kids are just fine lying down, and others hate lying down, because they can't get back to playing as quickly, so if they're just wet, parents may choose to stand them up. Of course, when a, "Get up and go," kid poops, and has to lie down, it feels like the parent has, "grounded the kid's flight," and the kid fusses. Standing is also used to teach standing to pull clothes down if they're potty learning.