If you are incontinent did this lead to becoming DL or even AB or was it the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetshisbed

Incontinent and Enuretic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
For me becoming incontinent and dependant on nappies soon lead to me becoming somewhat DL and now I thoroughly enjoy being dependant on nappies and couldn't imagine not wearing one now. I just wondered how it was for others which came first the need for nappies or the wanting nappies.

I’ve pondered the question many times. As a child did diapers for bed-wetting establish my love of diapers? Or vice versa, as a child did my desire for diapers subconsciously motivate me to wet the bed? I don’t know the answer.

I can't really say myself because I'm not incontinent or bed wet, but I have read many stories of people who wore diapers for bed wetting or because they were trained late ended up becoming a DL and then even an AB.

I came to wearing diapers as an adult due to IC and have since then fallen in love with them...=)

As a child I was a normal potty trainee, according to my mom I was out of diapers and dry by 2 1/2 both day and night.
Now some of my earliest memories are waking up early and trying to climb a small toddler chair in my closet to reach a left over diaper on the shelf, never got it and it was torture. I also remember being around the age of 4 and my mom watching the neighbor kid and me trying to steal a diaper, never got that one either. Or the time in nursery school me stealing and successfully wearing a diaper but getting caught like 5 min later.
So I can comfortably say I was a DL before any need or mental need. Fast forward to my rip old age of 31 and I wear every chance I get, every night, I sometimes wet in my sleep but it's not incontenece, it's mental, I also go real easy during the day, but if I'm at work or not diapered I can retain function like a camel.

pampers4U said:
As a child I was a normal potty trainee, according to my mom I was out of diapers and dry by 2 1/2 both day and night.
Now some of my earliest memories are waking up early and trying to climb a small toddler chair in my closet to reach a left over diaper on the shelf, never got it and it was torture. I also remember being around the age of 4 and my mom watching the neighbor kid and me trying to steal a diaper, never got that one either. Or the time in nursery school me stealing and successfully wearing a diaper but getting caught like 5 min later.
So I can comfortably say I was a DL before any need or mental need. Fast forward to my rip old age of 31 and I wear every chance I get, every night, I sometimes wet in my sleep but it's not incontenece, it's mental, I also go real easy during the day, but if I'm at work or not diapered I can retain function like a camel.

I was basically the same as you, my earliest memory is waking up before nursery and wearing left over diapers in our spare bedroom at my old house, also when I was about 7, my cousin was only about 2 and my aunt left some diapers in the holiday home we shared, so I wore them without others knowing.

I have always been a bed wetter and have had slight incontinence, and I have always liked wetting the bed, wetting myself, and wearing diapers. Being AB/DL didn't cause my incontinence, and my incontinence probably didn't cause me to be an AB/DL. At least not that I am aware of, they just both have always been.

I think it sort of went hand-in-hand. We got our first computer when I was like 9 or 10, and naturally I searched for people like myself who were still in diapers, and inevitably that led to stumbling onto ABDL sites. And thereafter I was prettymuch hooked, and I'm not sure I could really separate the two at this point even if I tried.

I was pretty much a DL from as early as I can remember, but became incontinent 6 months ago or so. I don't think they were related, they just happen to overlap on one subject (diapers). If I wasn't a DL I'd still be incontinent, but I wouldn't know any better and dealing with leaky store-brand diapers, haha.

I was potty trained late due to bladder Issues and incontinente that i grew out of, i was out of nappies by 5 but still wet my pants Until i was 8 in the day and stopped bed wetting at 11 years old. I was dry for 7 years straight before i got Scoilosis and had my Disks in my lower back or something rubbing together and i started being incontinent at randomly times. Most of the time i can feel when i need to go and make it to the bathroom but i like Wearing diapers and because my Family don't Know and my Nana was Taking me Shopping. I Knew she was going to be in the changing rooms with me so i wore Knickers and i was scared i was not going to feel when i Need to go Potty and wet Myself but Thankfully i was ok. It felt wierd and out of Place not wearing my nappies.

I wet the bed somewhere around 8 to 13, otherwise I was potty trained early and had very few accidents. As far as I remember, I never thought about diapers until I started to wet the bed and then every once-in-a-while I would use one during the day or use my underwear or swimsuit as a diaper.

However, would I have become an ABDL if I didn't wet the bed at night and wear diapers?? I really have no clue. My gut says I still would have become an ABDL but it probably would have taken much longer.

I have always had issues with wetting both day and night. A water proof pad under the sheets and a diaper solved that. Except I found I actually enjoyed wetting myself. Going anyplace during the day was always limited by the availability of a bathroom. Needless to say, sometimes I did not make it. So about sixteen years ago I started wearing "protection" whenever I went any where and always at night . I got to depend on them to the point that I would be having little accidents even at home. It was about ten years ago now that I gave up and was diapered all the time. Being diapered and loving it, I then investigated baby clothing in adult sizes. Something about wearing diapers, with a diaper cover, a onesie and a binky to suck on just feels so natural now. The only thing better is to add a pretty dress. But that is another matter. So one could say my weak bladder caused me to become a diaper lover that resulted in incontinence which brought out the baby girl in me.

I've been pondering this question for a while and I think I may have been a DL without really knowing what it was about. I've only really been back in Nappies and IC for last 10 years or so but I think I've always been comfortable with nappies partly due to my disability. I toilet trained later than most at approx 3 and 1/2 and did have some accidents growing up at one point my mum did tease about putting me back in pullups when they first got released in the UK and a early memory of being just after I was toilet trained was going to a day respite and they took me to get changed not realizing I was dry. I remember another time post operation when I went into retention asking my mum for a nappy partly i wanted to sleep and relax but they said i needed to wee soon or I was to be catheterized thankfully I did wee and (I really did because I was on Morphine for pain relief and blowing up like a balloon and it hurt)

When my incontinence first set in, I hated it, mainly because of the pants wetting, I remember when my wife suggested pads, first she bought some pull ups for me, needless to say, pullups are shitty when you have these urges and tend to flood, well again my wife went to the pharmacy, and they suggested taped diapers - meanwhile was at the doctors, you kknow the usual route, exam, diary, pills etc. none worked only diapers did the job, so eventually even though I hated the thought of being confined in diapers, I started to appreciate wearing them because they kept my pants / clothes dry and our bed - I only ruined one mattress from soaking it.

So in a sense I may be a diaper lover, but not exactly a diaperlover as you mean?? I just love my diapers because they help me continue my life with little to no obstructions.

I started out as DL and deliberately untrained. Picked up some AB stuff on my way to untraining (not a lot, but I definitely have more AB tendencies than I did).

After my bad fall that involved me..I woke up four days later in the hospital and at first did not really know why I was there as the day of that fall was very sketchy and I was unsure what I had even done to my body,but soon realized that something was not right,when to my surprise a pretty looking nurse was standing over top of me putting a disposable diaper upon my body,when she noticed that I was awake the first thing she said was hi there,and the second was..do you remember being transported here in the Ambulance,and I replied I did not as I could only recall bits and pieces of that bad day and riding in the Ambulance was not one of them,so I asked her if she knew the details of just what happened and she nodded her head that she did,she told me..I know this information because many people came to the hospital to see if you were going to be okay that day and all of them gave statements and every detail involved of what transpired that very hot and sunny afternoon,you had a lot of people that had been watching what it was you were doing that afternoon and all were a bit taken back when the airplane that was a really a big glider got stuck in a very tall tree on one of its branches,you had also told them you had spent all the previous day putting it together and making sure it was perfect for its maiden flight,also this maiden flight was taking place on your 30th birthday and you said it just felt like a very special day to fly it,after the great launch the plane soared in the sky for almost an hour before it headed back to earth,but as it was heading back it encountered a very tall tree and got hung up in one of its many branches,you then decided to climb the tree to retrieve it,then the unthinkable happened when you were roughly 110 feet up the tree..the branch you were on broke and you fell to the ground landing on your back,well when you came here no one was sure,even the doctors..if you were going to make it because you were in very bad shape,both arms were broken and both legs were also broken and you had suffered some internal damage,and I will say that you have a great bunch of friends that were very concerned about you and they never left until they found out if you were going to even recover,and you now have been here for four days,and in those days both your arms and both your legs were repaired,set,and put into a cast's..I then asked her why she was putting a diaper on me,and was told that I had did some nerve damage to a certain spot on my spine and that one could not be repaired,she then told me what you have now is called incontinence and I have changed you many times now and will many times more before you leave here.

Well I started to cry when I heard her say that because I had not worn diapers since I was a baby and my mom used to change me,she also told me that I could be in diapers or some other form of protection for a very long time as there was no procedure so far that could repair any kind of nerve damage..but that an operation has helped in some cases..but there are lots of risk's to you if this is done,because it is your spinal cord after all,and the biggest one is that you could be confined to a wheelchair the rest of your life if something goes wrong,but that is not at all saying that people in wheelchair's live meaningless lives at all,but we did not however even try to do anything with this problem as it was not our decision to make and the doctors decided to wait till you were awake and let you decide this,but because of this damage done you will not get the potty message any more and that is why I have changed you now many times since you have been here..we also determined that there was no other damage done and you will make a full recovery as you got so very very lucky as to even still be here after falling from a height like that and it was all on account of the way you landed..any if you had landed in any other position you would have been in far worse shape,and maybe even not have still been here with us at all,you must have had a guardian angel looking over you,but you will be happy to know that you will make a full recovery and will be able to do most if not all the things that you could do before that very bad fall happened,but will always be in diapers or what ever protection you decide to use for a very long time no matter what it is you are doing,anyways after my very long stay in the hospital and I was released I then started on a program to strengthen all of my muscles that were now so very very week..this therapy lasted for well over a month and at the end of that month they were way stronger,both my arms and my legs but still no where near as to how they once were...one day just by chance I was driving past a golf course and I stopped along the side of the road and watched the players for a long while..then a thought hit me and I said to myself hey I could do a lot to add strength back to my muscles if I was to take up this sport..so the following day I went and bought a set of golf clubs and then went back to that course and joined for a year..well it was the best decision I had ever made as I noticed a big improvement in strength after only two weeks..and I was playing 36 holes of golf per day,I was not any good at the game,but that did not mater because I never took up the sport to be good at it,but I so very much liked it and with some tips from other golfers I was paired with on a daily basis I did learn the correct way to hit that little white ball.

That made it so much funner to be able to do that..as until I joined the club that one day I had never played the game or even watched it on television..5 months later my arms and legs were just as strong as they had ever been and I was even starting to play the game of golf rather well,as far as my diaper wearing that part was not going as well at all and I did for a time think that I would not have to wear them if I started to time myself as to when I had to or thought I had to go to the washroom..this turned out to be way more of a choir then I thought it would be..as most times if not all...by the time I went into the washroom I had already pooped my pants,wet them,or both,after many trials and errors..many errors I went to the store and bought some cloth diapers instead of disposables that up to that point was all I had wore when I did wear them..I talked to some people at the store that were very helpful.and they even told me that wearing a pair of rubber pants over top of the cloth diaper would prevent any leaks that may happen to your street clothing,I then after that left the store but not before thanking all of the staff for their help in this matter,once I got home I turned on the television and to my surprise there was a show on called..How to live with incontinence...and I watched the whole program and was very surprised at just how many people there were in this world that wore adult diapers and rubber pants..it was after watching that show that I decided to stop worrying about things I could not control and that a bad hand was dealt to me,but it sure was not the end of the world..over the next week I fully excepted everything to do with wearing my new found baby garments,including the many diaper changes in a day,as well as the extra laundry as I bought mostly cloth diapers from that day forward as well as many pairs of rubber or plastic pants..and I even bought the colored ones of both,blue.pink.green.yellow,etc etc,so to answer this question that was asked in this forum..I do like wearing diapers very much now,but am only a.. D L..I am not into the adult baby side of it where I use a crib,pacifier,or any of those items,this was a long post I know but you will find in all of my post's and stories I do like to tell all of things that are relevant to it..I even went back to the dating scene and hope to type some of those meeting's as well as many of my diaper adventures..take care all and thank you for reading my post,I enjoyed typing it very much..take care everyone.

Last edited:
theincontinentguy said:
and when you were roughly 110 feet up the tree the branch you were on broke and you fell to the ground landing on your back,well when you came here no one was sure if you was even going to make it because you were in very bad shape,both arms were broken and both legs were also broken and you had suffered some internal damage,and I will say that you have a great bunch of friends that were very concerned about you,and you now have been here for four days and in those four days both your arms and legs were set,repaired and put into a cast's..I then asked her why she was putting a diaper on me,and was told that I had did some nerve damage to a certain spot on my spine and that one could not be repaired,this is your th diaper change since you arrived here.

Falling from 110 feet, you are lucky to be alive! And maybe a bit crazy for going that far up a tree too! I'm a big climber but I've never been near a tree that tall, let alone climbed one that high. I've been up 125 feet on a tower though, the view is great. But in a tree? wow!

I honestly wouldn't have thought it possible to survive a fall from that height. You must have landed just right.

I have been a AB, DL and IC person for as long as I can remember. I fought all of them while trying to grow up, but they persisted. I don't think any of them came before the other as I was born with overactive bladder and bowels (nervous system malfunction) and I was a late bloomer with little desire to "grow up". I did want to be like other people though. When I got older I realized I didn't care as much about what people thought and I could do anything anyone else could do, I just did it diapered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back