Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you are incontinent did this lead to becoming DL or even AB or was it the other way round.

Default If you are incontinent did this lead to becoming DL or even AB or was it the other way round.

For me becoming incontinent and dependant on nappies soon lead to me becoming somewhat DL and now I thoroughly enjoy being dependant on nappies and couldn't imagine not wearing one now. I just wondered how it was for others which came first the need for nappies or the wanting nappies.

Iíve pondered the question many times. As a child did diapers for bed-wetting establish my love of diapers? Or vice versa, as a child did my desire for diapers subconsciously motivate me to wet the bed? I donít know the answer.

I was a diaper liver as long as I can remember. My incontinence didn't start until about two years ago. Prior to that I was a bed wetter.

I can't really say myself because I'm not incontinent or bed wet, but I have read many stories of people who wore diapers for bed wetting or because they were trained late ended up becoming a DL and then even an AB.

I came to wearing diapers as an adult due to IC and have since then fallen in love with them...=)

As a child I was a normal potty trainee, according to my mom I was out of diapers and dry by 2 1/2 both day and night.
    Now some of my earliest memories are waking up early and trying to climb a small toddler chair in my closet to reach a left over diaper on the shelf, never got it and it was torture. I also remember being around the age of 4 and my mom watching the neighbor kid and me trying to steal a diaper, never got that one either. Or the time in nursery school me stealing and successfully wearing a diaper but getting caught like 5 min later.
    So I can comfortably say I was a DL before any need or mental need. Fast forward to my rip old age of 31 and I wear every chance I get, every night, I sometimes wet in my sleep but it's not incontenece, it's mental, I also go real easy during the day, but if I'm at work or not diapered I can retain function like a camel.

Quote Originally Posted by pampers4U View Post
    As a child I was a normal potty trainee, according to my mom I was out of diapers and dry by 2 1/2 both day and night.
    Now some of my earliest memories are waking up early and trying to climb a small toddler chair in my closet to reach a left over diaper on the shelf, never got it and it was torture. I also remember being around the age of 4 and my mom watching the neighbor kid and me trying to steal a diaper, never got that one either. Or the time in nursery school me stealing and successfully wearing a diaper but getting caught like 5 min later.
    So I can comfortably say I was a DL before any need or mental need. Fast forward to my rip old age of 31 and I wear every chance I get, every night, I sometimes wet in my sleep but it's not incontenece, it's mental, I also go real easy during the day, but if I'm at work or not diapered I can retain function like a camel.
    I was basically the same as you, my earliest memory is waking up before nursery and wearing left over diapers in our spare bedroom at my old house, also when I was about 7, my cousin was only about 2 and my aunt left some diapers in the holiday home we shared, so I wore them without others knowing.

MarchinBunny

I have always been a bed wetter and have had slight incontinence, and I have always liked wetting the bed, wetting myself, and wearing diapers. Being AB/DL didn't cause my incontinence, and my incontinence probably didn't cause me to be an AB/DL. At least not that I am aware of, they just both have always been.

I never even gave diapers a second thought until several years ago when I started needing to use incontinence pads and then diapers due to prostate (i.e. BPH) problems. As I started investigating and using the various protection products I really began to appreciate what they were doing for me and (surprisingly) the sense of security that they provided me. I can't say I've really become a diaper lover but I do like them and appreciate what they do for me.

I think it sort of went hand-in-hand. We got our first computer when I was like 9 or 10, and naturally I searched for people like myself who were still in diapers, and inevitably that led to stumbling onto ABDL sites. And thereafter I was prettymuch hooked, and I'm not sure I could really separate the two at this point even if I tried.