Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I'm looking for a Racing Sim that is similar to Gran Turismo 2

I want a game that has you starting with a cheapo car, working your way up the ladder by doing races and building your car up, making it pretty, and so on.

I remember also being able to do that with Forza Motorsport, but lately, the games I've been seeing are more street-racing based and less track-racing based (I'm looking at you, Forza Horizon!)

Does anyone have any suggestions? My current gaming platforms are PC, Android and Xbox 360.

THANKS TONNES!

Luvz
Sasha

Forza but stay away from horizons. I crank the realism all the way up and mainly stay in the lower class cars. I love the closer racing at the lower class and spending hours tuning a specific car for a specific track to use all the power available. At that level it's more about proper setup and skill and less about how much you can bolt onto a car or spend. I've been a huge fan of Forza over gran Turismo for a decade now, LOL.

So I'm looking at Forza Motorsport 4, and I'm wondering if it's worth getting?

LuvToColour said:
So I'm looking at Forza Motorsport 4, and I'm wondering if it's worth getting?

I absolutely adored Forza 4. If I recall correctly, that was the first time they started putting classic cars in there in a big way. My favorite all purpose car on that one was a '56 Ford Thunderbird. Me and that car had a connection. I could modify that thing six ways from Sunday to meet every type of class and drivetrain requirement and race competitively. It was all black, my "sleek black beauty". Get it, you'll love it. And if you don't, it's only a few pounds now anyway. (I'm assuming you're British because of the spelling of "tonnes" and "colour", lol. I just don't see those words spelled that way very often in American English, but I could be wrong.)

Llayden said:
I absolutely adored Forza 4. If I recall correctly, that was the first time they started putting classic cars in there in a big way. My favorite all purpose car on that one was a '56 Ford Thunderbird. Me and that car had a connection. I could modify that thing six ways from Sunday to meet every type of class and drivetrain requirement and race competitively. It was all black, my "sleek black beauty". Get it, you'll love it. And if you don't, it's only a few pounds now anyway. (I'm assuming you're British because of the spelling of "tonnes" and "colour", lol. I just don't see those words spelled that way very often in American English, but I could be wrong.)

Canadian, actually! I saw a copy at my local swap shoppe for like, $9, so I might pick it up... Wish I never sold my Force Feedback wheel now...

LuvToColour said:
Canadian, actually! I saw a copy at my local swap shoppe for like, $9, so I might pick it up... Wish I never sold my Force Feedback wheel now...

Oh, hahaha! Well that would explain why you seem so nice then. You should be able to get it for not much more than that at your local game resellers. You'll enjoy it, I found it much more realistic than the Gran Turismo series. In fact, I split from that series to Forza around Forza 2. GT had developed a real "fast and furious" feel to it and felt very arcady to me. I was worried when Forza Horizons came out that that was to be the new franchise under the name, but it isn't. They've developed both Forza 5 and 6 since introducing Horizons. Forza 6 is simply amazing. I love that the Top Gear guys were in on 5 and 6's development and their voices are in as narrators for car descriptions and history. They even put in the Top Gear track and you have challenges against "the Stig".

So I found a copy of Forza Motorsport 2, and it's great, getting my racing in, upgrading my car here and there, making her pretty, doing more races, it is what I was looking for! I am going to send if I can sell my Kenwood stereo thinger and see if I can't get myself a copy of Forza 4! But thank you for the help in figuring out the game I needed to get, Llayden!

You're very welcome. I used to like Gran Turismo, and the whole reason I ever bought a PS2 when it came out was for Gran Truismo 3. But even back then GT was starting to get that arcade "feel". It was becoming a Need for Speed, Fast and the Furious, Tokyo Drift kinda arcade game to me. Forza retained that higher level of realism that I was after. At the time my favorite racing games were the NASCAR series as they were VERY realistic. That's where I fell in love with spending a lot of time tuning a car for individual tracks, trying to extract all the power and control I could out of a machine that was equal to everyone else's. But that series lost it's simulator status and became arcady as well. Forza has continued to develop its self as a simulator and usually adds even more detail to an already detailed game.

The newest versions (5 and 6) have such a real feel its almost unbelievable. You can damn near feel the road through the controller. The steering is much more realistic these days compared to the past versions. It's hard to explain but they did an amazing job on the Xbox one games.

Forza 4, you can do alot more than forza 6 (both owners of the game)

If you are looking for realism, might I suggest the older GTR series from SimBin.
Info on them via Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTR_%E2%80%93_FIA_GT_Racing_Game
Yes, they are older, but the good news is you can get them cheap, lol.

Oh and if you go even older, while not a sim really, it is a real cool, underrated version of the Need for Speed series called NFS5 or NFS Porsche Unleashed.
As the name says, it is nothing but Porsches from the 50's thru the 2000's.

Heehee! I got an Xbox One and Forza5 for my birfday! I can't wait to play it! Is Forza 5 good? Should I have asked for 6? Are there any better racing games for the Xbone?

Five is great fun. Six is awesome. You'll be fine with Five, and you'll be impressed when you move on to Six. Congratulations!

Project cars it is on steam

It's not like Gran Turismo, but BeamNG.drive is a fun sandbox game.

Hey Llayden. I got 6 a few months ago on my Xbox One. It is an amazing racing game. Crazy realistic. Question though, do you know of a website with a tutorial on how to change the cars in the shop to get more performance on the track. I like racing, but I'm no good in the garage. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Spaz said:
Question though, do you know of a website with a tutorial on how to change the cars in the shop to get more performance on the track. I like racing, but I'm no good in the garage. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oh boy, no I don't and I know exactly how daunting it can be looking at all those suspension options and adjustments. I am lucky enough to have a bit of a mechanical background so a lot of this stuff isn't too hard for me to grasp. Also, I started way back when on the original Forza and NASCAR games. The NASCAR series really helped me to understand the balance of a cars suspension and how to adjust it to get the most performance that I could from a car given certain driving styles.

The best help I can offer, is that you adjust only one or two things at a time. Start with the first page, right after tire pressures, and read what the scrolling help bar says. Play with the adjustments and test the car out to see and feel what kind of effect you had. It's tedious, but it's the best way for you to REALLY understand what is going on under your cars skin.

I'd start with a favorite car on a favorite track. Do a couple of test runs as is to establish a baseline time. Adjust your gear ratios (individually or final drive) and do a few laps to see what the impact was. Your goal with gearing is to extract all the engine power you can and that you can use as often as you can. There are other aspects to establishing your gearing, but you'll figure those out with time.

A gear ratio that works well on one track, won't on another. Either the gears are too far apart for the engine power, or you can't reach top speed on long straights, or you're too sluggish in accelerating out of a turn.

Once you've got a good feel for the gearing, jump into the suspension components. I'd start with track bars, read what the menu hints at, and give it a shot. Keep repeating the process and you'll eventually gain a good understanding of how you like to setup your cars for different tracks. You'll have a better grasp of what you want a car to feel like in the turns, on the straights, and on long sweeping curves. You'll then feel the differences between cars almost instantly and you'll feel uncomfortable until you can change their characteristics to fit your style.

I suggest starting with a very low class, low powered car on a shorter track for your experiments. Use a FWD car and get it to perform in the bends like you want, use a RWD car and figure out how to maximize your traction to use all of its power and maneuverability without spinning it all away in tire smoke. A lot of it takes a fine touch from the driver, and an even finer touch in the garage.

That's just me though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back